WTF is a THOUGHT CRIMES BILL????????

Well, on that point Janet Reno got that one right....and I'm a very conservative fellow. But David Karesh and anyone like him, along with his followers, deserves the fate they all got.

No they didn't......................not in America or anywhere else for that matter....................you and I may not have agreed with ANYTHING that they did.................but Koresh could have been taken AT ANYTIME and what capital crimes were committed by the others that were burned to death especially the kids?:rolleyes:

What happened at Waco was totally most irresponsibly inexcusable.....................if you would allow this type of tyranny and transgression, I hate to see what else people of this nation have been brainwashed into accepting in the names of the types of cowards that ordered it.......................:eusa_wall:

Well, on that point Janet Reno got that one right....and I'm a very conservative fellow. But David Karesh and anyone like him, along with his followers, deserves the fate they all got.

I know that this aint the thread for it, but I have to disagree. The whole mess was a mess. IN the end it became a "who's got a bigger dick" contest and janet reno won.

At anytime Koresh could have come out with his hands up and sorted the mess out. I mean let's see: A guy who claims to be god and sleeps with his "followers" wifes, vs a federal official trying to uphold the law of the land? Koresh had something to hide. He can take 100% responsibility for it..

Never mind the fact that a lot of people who 'got what they deserved' were children. :cuckoo:

Never mind the fact that a lot of people who 'got what they deserved' were children. :cuckoo:

True. And that was very sad. Sadder still that so many of them were abused by Koresh.

But truth is, he did what so many others have done... put children in between himself and law enforcement to try to keep law enforcement from acting; or absent that b) to try for as much negative PR as possible.

All he had to do was walk out and it would have been over.

True. And that was very sad. Sadder still that so many of them were abused by Koresh.

But truth is, he did what so many others have done... put children in between himself and law enforcement to try to keep law enforcement from acting; or absent that b) to try for as much negative PR as possible.

All he had to do was walk out and it would have been over.

Jillian, he walked out and into town repeatedly while he was under suveillance. Reno wanted to make an example of him and it back-fired. You can go back to Reno's career in Florida if you want to see real corruption and abuse of process. I'm not sure is she was worse or Gonzales is worse in terms of AG.

At anytime Koresh could have come out with his hands up and sorted the mess out. I mean let's see: A guy who claims to be god and sleeps with his "followers" wifes, vs a federal official trying to uphold the law of the land? Koresh had something to hide. He can take 100% responsibility for it..
Absolutely correct on all counts. I only object to the amateurish tactics used and the final results.

"(3) HOMEGROWN TERRORISM- The term `homegrown terrorism' means the use, planned use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual born, raised, or based and operating primarily within the United States or any possession of the United States to intimidate or coerce the United States government, the civilian population of the United States, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives".

Sounds to me like they are trying to loop hole around the constitution again. Just like the Patriot Act, this bill is making it illegal for any State or States within the U.S. to form a militia as given to the people as a safegaurd to tyranny.

You'll come to realize that whenever someone doesn't act according to how Zoomie believes and things go wrong for them, they "get what they deserve", even if it means they die.

Luckily for humanity, Zoomie's beliefs don't set the standards and precedents.

"(3) HOMEGROWN TERRORISM- The term `homegrown terrorism' means the use, planned use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual born, raised, or based and operating primarily within the United States or any possession of the United States to intimidate or coerce the United States government, the civilian population of the United States, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives".

Sounds to me like they are trying to loop hole around the constitution again. Just like the Patriot Act, this bill is making it illegal for any State or States within the U.S. to form a militia as given to the people as a safegaurd to tyranny.

OTOH I am sure we can now (in a roundabout way) make the argument that a child molester is a homegrown terrorist. That means we can try him via a tribunal. Better odds of him getting shot that way.

Forum List

Back