WTF? If This IS True....

lilcountriegal said:
I dunno if everyone on the flight having a gun is such a good idea. There are some pretty messed up people in the world. I liked the idea of the pilots being allowed to carry weapons. I'll take odds on gun vs. box cutter any day.

The point here is that a "messed up" person will only be exactly that: messed up.

Laws won't fix that. Give him a bat, a gun, or a pen, and it will be a weapon.

If the passengers all have guns and the one guy has a gun, who wins?

If the passengers have nothing and the guy has a knife, who wins?

NewGuy said:
The point here is that a "messed up" person will only be exactly that: messed up.

Laws won't fix that. Give him a bat, a gun, or a pen, and it will be a weapon.

If the passengers all have guns and the one guy has a gun, who wins?

If the passengers have nothing and the guy has a knife, who wins?

I know I dont completely understand the physics of an airplane, etc., but i believe it only takes one bullet to blow out the window sucking everyone out with it. (?)

lilcountriegal said:
I know I dont completely understand the physics of an airplane, etc., but i believe it only takes one bullet to blow out the window sucking everyone out with it. (?)

You lose pressure and oxygen in some cases, but the people aren't going anywhere. Planes are structurally designed better than that.

lilcountriegal said:
Damn. I really need to lay off the movies a bit. :D
;)

I am a movie junkie too.

Planes are built pretty strong. They can take some punishment by atmospheric changes. The other thing to keep in mind regarding the issue at hand, though, is that a wacked out terrorist will hesitate if he thinks his objective will not be met.

If he wants to take down a plane and the crew has guns, and he draws his but then sees 32 more pointed at him, he will have to stop and think about it.

He will know real quick he won't achieve his goal. Even if all the slugs hit windows, the odds of the plane crashing are pretty slim.

I travel ALOT and always kinda think that if there is a terrorist on the plane that I would rush his ass and maybe get some other people to join in. But when it comes down to the point, his little box cutter isn't going to stop me if I throw my scolding tea in his face and jam my pen in his temple (I spent an entire flight to Paris thinking of this). Terrorists really don't have the upper hand when people stop being wusses and realize that it is either them or the terrorist. Even if the terrorist has a hostage, you have to realize that the possible death of one person is a small price to pay for saving a plane and the targeted destination. I know that if I were the hostage I would either fight to the death or yell for others to bring it no matter what. I would fight even with a blade to my throat because if I didn't then I might as well forsake my country and crash the plane myself, I would rather die in the struggle than in the crash anyway...

lilcountriegal said:

Actually it was proven recently on Mythbusters. They pressurized an ai-tight plane and then shot a bullet through the window. Nothing happened. then they shot a large cannon ball through the window. Nothing happened. So yes it is just a myth.

NewGuy said:
Can anyone give me understanding as to why this overwhelming perspective exists that our GOVERNMENT needs to protect us?

Why are we not looking to our CONSTITUTION to protect us?

I honestly do not understand the mentality and I am really trying to.

I checked the constitution. It isn't kevlar so I can't use it as body armor. But it might cast an Ok shadow and allow me to set up a snipers hide.

So where do you guys stand on this......do you want to know about the threats and unsuccessful attempts of terroism, or do you think it just instills fear and insecurity. I suspect one of the reasons much is being withheld (and it is) is that release of this information makes us feel insecure and puts the administration and its policies more in question.

Sir Evil said:
sure, why not take a 3 month old thread and say "hey, Im not looking to stir anything up!" :rolleyes:

I honestly didnt (and dont )check the date of a post.....but I guess I should, I still think the issue or question is valid....do we want to be told about attempted terrorist acts or not.

Forum List

Back