WTF, Arm ships & shoot pirates...simple answer to piracy

Do you support arming ships and shooting pirates?

• Yes, its a simple matter of self-defense

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No, I support current merchant shipping rules

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only if the protocols were changes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No, its never acceptable to kill pirates

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
I simply can't believe that moron ship owners are still putting their ships and crews at risk instead of hiring a few armed guards per trip. You'd think that the insurance companies would require that ships be armed in areas where pirates frequent.

I simply don't see a down-side to self-defense.

I think that pirates should be killed as they approach the ship...but I was under the impression that the pirates are armed with rocket launchers and thus are a significant threat to damaging the ships.

How about dumping boiling oil over the sides of the ships as they try to climb up?

I think that pirates should be killed as they approach the ship...but I was under the impression that the pirates are armed with rocket launchers and thus are a significant threat to damaging the ships.

How about dumping boiling oil over the sides of the ships as they try to climb up?

This. If the companies really though arming the ships was the smartest move, they'd already have done so.

or we could capture them and hook them up with KSM's lawyer?

I voted yes with protocol change.

Merchant shippers should form a coalition, purchase a remote island, adopt a constitution, establish their own country and declare war on piracy thus making the use of force and weaponry quite within the rules.

Should pirates attempt to impede a ship or to board a ship without the Captain's nod, they should be buried at sea...unceremoniously.

It is the cost or arming the ships that holds them from it. There are thousands of them unarmed save for the Captain's sidearm.

I think it would give Blackwater retirees a good place to practice their skills and eat well. Most big ships have killer cooks these days.

Any shooter worth his salt has a .50-cal semi-auto that is accurate out to a mile, wayyyy further than a rocket launcher. As they come in, other weapons are very effective. its just a matter of shooting the guy on a bobbing raft before he can take aim and launch. Even if he fires, he hits an IMO, no concern for damage. Just repaint it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back