WTF are 'African Americans'?

Apu is now a citizen, and Homer throws a "Welcome to America" party.

Apu: Today, I am no longer an Indian living in America. I am an
Indian-American.
Lisa: You know, in a way, all Americans are immigrants. Except, of
course Native Americans.
Homer: Yeah, Native Americans like us.
Lisa: No, I mean American Indians.
Apu: Like me.

-Season 7, Episode 23: Much Apu About Nothing

I long for the day we can drop the subtitle and just call ourselves Americans! I mean I don't hear Polish citizens of Canada call themselves Polish Canadians!
Actually, they do.

Polish Canadians - Information Service

And no one ever gets their panties in a twist over other groups that have an adjective in front of American. Irish Americans. German Americans. Polish Americans.

Only African Americans. My theory on why that is is because you nimrods see the word African, think slave and feel guilty.

Well fucking too bad.

It is ok for white people to call themselves whatever they want, Italian-American, German-American, Russian-American, whatever. When Black people do it, its silly and useless.
Yeah, pretty much Buttemia's attitude. Blacks should be ashamed...the guy is fucked in the head.

And no one ever gets their panties in a twist over other groups that have an adjective in front of American. Irish Americans. German Americans. Polish Americans.

Only African Americans.
There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all.
This is just as true of the man who puts “native” before the hyphen as of the man who puts German or Irish or English or French before the hyphen. Americanism is a matter of the spirit and of the soul. Our allegiance must be purely to the United States. We must unsparingly condemn any man who holds any other allegiance.
But if he is heartily and singly loyal to this Republic, then no matter where he was born, he is just as good an American as any one else
-Teddy
:lol: You're a pathetic dweeb trying to control how people identify themselves.

:cuckoo:

The irony of Ravi calling someone else 'fucked in the head' is more than the English language can express

Not at all. You have not the command to express the irony you feel. So you think that you speak for the entire English language and state it is inexpressible? :razz:

Sorry JBeukema. You are the one lost to expression. Own your ineptitude. :cool:

:cuckoo:

The irony of Ravi calling someone else 'fucked in the head' is more than the English language can express

Not at all. You have not the command to express the irony you feel. So you think that you speak for the entire English language and state it is inexpressible? :razz:

Sorry JBeukema. You are the one lost to expression. Own your ineptitude. :cool:

There's no such animal, you're either American or African cant be both.

Forum List

Back