WTF???: A Rant by Xotoxi

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
[rant]

Patient stops all medications because they can't afford them.

The meds are all generic and all $4 per month at Walmart.

They continue to smoke one pack per day.

How do they afford a daily pack of cigarettes?

WTF???

[/rant]

[rant]

WTF???

[/rant]

Some People need to be Buried in Their Under Wear, holding their remote Control, and in this case, with an ash tray and a bic lighter. What else can you say or do?

[rant]

WTF???

[/rant]

Just let natural selection do its thing.

XoT, perhaps they are actually tired of taking meds and just don't want to thinking they can live without it and using the excuse as it cost to much.

I'm on Levothyroxine and trust me there have been many days where I just want to stop taking them all together. I know I cannot but some days you think you are doing better and don't need them. Give them time, they'll come back. Just remember people who don't like to take any meds and now having to take them on a daily bases is really hard at times.

My doctor knows not to prescribe me any type of narcotic's because I refuse them unless I'm screaming in pain. I hate to take pills and won't unless I really have to and even then it is a chore.

XoT, perhaps they are actually tired of taking meds and just don't want to thinking they can live without it and using the excuse as it cost to much.

I'm on Levothyroxine and trust me there have been many days where I just want to stop taking them all together. I know I cannot but some days you think you are doing better and don't need them. Give them time, they'll come back. Just remember people who don't like to take any meds and now having to take them on a daily bases is really hard at times.

My doctor knows not to prescribe me any type of narcotic's because I refuse them unless I'm screaming in pain. I hate to take pills and won't unless I really have to and even then it is a chore.

I see we are back to using the F bomb! :D

what f bomb?

If they are waiting for symptoms before taking meds for their high blood pressure and high cholesterol, the first symptom that they will have will either be a heart attack or stroke.

Thyroid medication has no side effects that I'm aware of. Why would you want a goiter?

[rant]

WTF???

[/rant]

And what about the folks standing in line for their welfare check, holding their latest and greatest electronic gadget. Like their new cell phone with internet access!

If they are waiting for symptoms before taking meds for their high blood pressure and high cholesterol, the first symptom that they will have will either be a heart attack or stroke.
perhaps they are having depression and you should consider that too? Depression would lead them to not take meds.

Thyroid medication has no side effects that I'm aware of. Why would you want a goiter?
only have 1/2 remaining that is why I'm on meds. They should have taken the entire Thyroid out when they took the 1/2! Long story but trust me my surgeon I think messed up. Not ever going to sue but he messed up.

[rant]

WTF???

[/rant]

And what about the folks standing in line for their welfare check, holding their latest and greatest electronic gadget. Like their new cell phone with internet access!

wtf? why are you off topic?

what f bomb?

I wasn't mean, I am talking about your title " shut the fuck up". :lol:
I just remember you yesterday or the day before you talking about how you would be able to say the F bomb again soon. :lol:

My hub is on 3 different types of HB meds side effects are bad, he won't take the cholesterol one anymore. He hates to take them and it is a pain in the butt! He takes it but he is a strong person too. I would suspect depression is the cause of them not wanting to take it or too much of a hassle in their minds. No excuse to you or I but some weak minded people that's what they'll do.

My hub is on 3 different types of HB meds side effects are bad, he won't take the cholesterol one anymore. He hates to take them and it is a pain in the butt! He takes it but he is a strong person too. I would suspect depression is the cause of them not wanting to take it or too much of a hassle in their minds. No excuse to you or I but some weak minded people that's what they'll do.

Depression is always possible.

But I think it is more of an issue of lack of priorities and denial.

The couple I am referring to is a man who weights 350lbs and a woman who weight 250lbs. I don't think they care much about their bodies.

Forum List

Back