Wt!!! Omg!!!

However, the blog has kept its headline "Simple Sambo wants to move to the big house." A caption beneath a photo of the lieutenant governor reads: "I's Simple Sambo and I's running for the Big House."

Little Black Sambo used to be a nice children's story and I think the original pancake house, both of which were good things. Why have they twisted and smeared a good name?
:soul:

Abbey Normal said:
I am no fan of hate crime laws, and your point just adds one more reason to the list. But if we must have them, then I would maintain that what these people are doing is arguably more offensive than if a person of a different race were to do it. How awful to be ridiculed and hated by your own race.

I agree. Just as with words that are not "acceptable" - the infamous "N" word.

To me, offensive is offensive. It doesn't matter who says it and who it is said to.

If an action is a hate crime, then it is a hate crime. Who the offender is and who the "offended" is shouldn't matter.

GotZoom said:
I agree. Just as with words that are not "acceptable" - the infamous "N" word.

To me, offensive is offensive. It doesn't matter who says it and who it is said to.

If an action is a hate crime, then it is a hate crime. Who the offender is and who the "offended" is shouldn't matter.

:thewave:

Kathianne said:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/

scroll down

Related and wellput:

Race to the Bottom
Every time a Republican president nominates someone to the Supreme Court, the left trots out the "mainstream" trope. Anyone who doesn't believe the Constitution sanctions abortion through the fourth trimester or that the Second Amendment is an optical illusion is deemed "out of the mainstream." Liberals so abuse the term that we are hesitant to use it at all.

And yet surely there are some positions that can be considered "mainstream"--that, in 21st-century America, command such a widespread consensus that anyone who rejects them can fairly be labeled "out of the mainstream." One such proposition is this: Black Americans are entitled to full citizenship. A corollary is that it is invidious to disparage black people on account of their race.

A Washington Times report from Maryland illustrates that many black Democrats are out of the mainstream:

Black Democratic leaders in Maryland say that racially tinged attacks against Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele in his bid for the U.S. Senate are fair because he is a conservative Republican.

Such attacks against the first black man to win a statewide election in Maryland include pelting him with Oreo cookies during a campaign appearance, calling him an "Uncle Tom" and depicting him as a black-faced minstrel on a liberal Web log. . . .

But black Democrats say there is nothing wrong with "pointing out the obvious."

"There is a difference between pointing out the obvious and calling someone names," said a campaign spokesman for Kweisi Mfume, a Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate and former president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

State Sen. Lisa A. Gladden, a black Baltimore Democrat, said she does not expect her party to pull any punches, including racial jabs at Mr. Steele, in the race to replace retiring Democratic U.S. Sen. Paul S. Sarbanes.

"Party trumps race, especially on the national level," she said. "If you are bold enough to run, you have to take whatever the voters are going to give you. It's democracy, perhaps at its worse [sic], but it is democracy."

Delegate Salima Siler Marriott, a black Baltimore Democrat, said Mr. Steele invites comparisons to a slave who loves his cruel master or a cookie that is black on the outside and white inside because his conservative political philosophy is, in her view, anti-black.

"Because he is a conservative, he is different than most public blacks, and he is different than most people in our community," she said. "His politics are not in the best interest of the masses of black people."

This is the equivalent of racist white politicians in the pre-civil-rights South denouncing a white liberal as a "****** lover." If black Democrats--and white Democrats, for that matter--cannot disagree respectfully with a conservative who happens to be black, they have no moral authority when it comes to combating racism in other manifestations.

A comprehensive round up of the hate filled diatribes and actions from the left, including the 'blackface' pic of Steele, photoshopped by a blogger, the one that kept the 'Sambo' headline.

If anything close to this was put out by the mainstream Right, all hell would break loose, justifiably so. Ever notice how many of us pounce and/or quibble with WJ? We KNOW he's wrong-though on a few things he has points. Just don't see that type of 'corrections' going on with the Left. They believe it's justified. :cuckoo:

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/003823.htm

Kathianne said:
A comprehensive round up of the hate filled diatribes and actions from the left, including the 'blackface' pic of Steele, photoshopped by a blogger, the one that kept the 'Sambo' headline.

If anything close to this was put out by the mainstream Right, all hell would break loose, justifiably so. Ever notice how many of us pounce and/or quibble with WJ? We KNOW he's wrong-though on a few things he has points. Just don't see that type of 'corrections' going on with the Left. They believe it's justified. :cuckoo:

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/003823.htm

WJ isnt wrong. He merely has a different opinion on the matter then we do. There's no way to really prove whether he's right or we're right because many of the generalizations he makes are true just as some of what we say is true. This country was founded on Freedom of Speech and that means all speech. If a liberal can scream for the death of a president as well as all those that oppose their views then people can spew their racist remarks without impunity. People's opinions can not and should not be punished. Thats why i hate the whole PC culture.

insein said:
WJ isnt wrong. He merely has a different opinion on the matter then we do. There's no way to really prove whether he's right or we're right because many of the generalizations he makes are true just as some of what we say is true. This country was founded on Freedom of Speech and that means all speech. If a liberal can scream for the death of a president as well as all those that oppose their views then people can spew their racist remarks without impunity. People's opinions can not and should not be punished. Thats why i hate the whole PC culture.

Ok, I'll agree with that. I put that badly for sure. I disagree with him, but do try to keep it civil. Heck, I give him rep when I can find something we agree on!

Stephanie said:
Delegate Salima Siler Marriott, a black Baltimore Democrat, said... "His politics are not in the best interest of the masses of black people."

In the immediate sense, Delegate Marriott's statement is correct. Blacks are disproportionate recipients of welfare benefits, labor bolstering, lighter criminal penalties and more expansive government. Obviously, they are direct beneficiaries of affirmative action. All of these policies are supported by Democrats and opposed by Republicans. You can quibble about whether they're all "good" for blacks in the long run, but there's no denying that an objectively larger share of the pie goes to blacks when Democrats run the show. But beyond that, there's the simple matter of racial solidarity and racial loyalty, which to minorities like blacks are much, much more powerful forces than they are for whites, who are still numerous enough to treat politics more like a parlor game than a matter of life or death. Whites contrast with blacks in that they historically haven't had much to fear from other groups, so white racial loyalty is practically nonexistent.

This may change in coming years, as whites slide (by their own foolish design) into minority status in the United States. It could be argued that what's been very slowly and subtly emerging since Dixiecrat days is the emergence of the Republican party as the white people's party. It is, despite the appearance given at conventions, verging on 90 percent white and better.

This in turn helps to explain why conservatives and Republicans get hyper-exercised about "racism" and "white supremacism" etc.: they know deep down there's a little something to it, so they perform great mental gymnastics to deny it. You never see conservatives attack even the randiest liberal or left-winger with the same viciousness and tenaciousness they employ when decimating someone who dares to speak in defense of white group interests, like David Duke, Jared Taylor, Peter Brimelow, Sam Francis, Kevin MacDonald, etc. It's pretty obvious to me that these "conservatives" are playing to a bigger audience, i.e., the (accepted) ethnic and racial interest groups, liberals and left wing, all of whom call the shots in our society, at least when conservatives dare come near a threat to the true power base.

There are practically no examples of liberals or left-wingers excoriating those in their camp deemed "too liberal" or "too left-wing." But conservatives are on constant and bizarrely obsessive patrol for even the faintist whiff of "racism" or that someone is "too far right." But what's considered "racism" is really just conservatism with balls --- it gets right to the heart of the matter in a visceral, honest way. By sapping the right wing of its very life-blood, liberals have managed to make it a perpetually confused, muddled and ineffectual political designation (because to call it a force would be a mockery of the word). They know the right, scared to bits by the very insinuation of "racism", can be very, very easily controlled. What is the equivalent threat from the right to the left? There isn't any. It's the right that's constantly trying to please the left with its multicultural bona fides. It's the right that's constantly straightening its tie and smearing down its eyebrows for presentation to The Almighty Left, nervously hoping it will be counted as a 'good guy' for its stammering insistence that it, not the left, is the Greatest Hope for blacks, Jews, Hispanics and every other minority group. But in proceeding this way, the right acquiesces to rules of the game set by the left. Which basically means the left wins, no matter what.

And you will notice, loyal conservatives, that the left treats most of the right's goals with mild amusement, knowing they'll never get close to shutting down the welfare state, significantly lowering federal taxes, securing modesty in media or restricting abortion in any meaningful way. Conservatives have all agreed that none of these things will happen anyway. The few out there willing to go to the mat on issues like abortion, for instance, are derided by "proper" conservatives as freaks.

But when the issue of race comes up, that's when the left, and more, the neocons, get out the knives. They will find a jail cell for whites who dare say what shan't be said, that is, that whites have legitimate group interests that are harmed by immigration, affirmative action, forced integration and so forth. If you think I'm just an Internet crackpot, try it out for size: try speaking in defense of whites as a group at the office, at school, on FreeRepublic.com. Try calling through to Sean Hannity or getting your GOP congressman to answer your letter. You'll get silence, or referred to law enforcement. It's when your enemy frowns, friends, that you know you're starting to hit him where it hurts.

But right now, the left just laughs.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
This is the equivalent of racist white politicians in the pre-civil-rights South denouncing a white liberal as a "****** lover." If black Democrats--and white Democrats, for that matter--cannot disagree respectfully with a conservative who happens to be black, they have no moral authority when it comes to combating racism in other manifestations.

I cannot say how much I agree with this statement. I think the whole idea that because he isn't like all the other people of his skin color then he is fair game for such racism is simply another way to enforce the whole idea that everybody MUST think as they do or they are 'not diverse', they've corrupted the definition of 'diverse' until it means 'Democrat thoughts welcome only'.

William Joyce said:
But when the issue of race comes up, that's when the left, and more, the neocons, get out the knives. They will find a jail cell for whites who dare say what shan't be said, that is, that whites have legitimate group interests that are harmed by immigration, affirmative action, forced integration and so forth. If you think I'm just an Internet crackpot, try it out for size: try speaking in defense of whites as a group at the office, at school, on FreeRepublic.com. Try calling through to Sean Hannity or getting your GOP congressman to answer your letter. You'll get silence, or referred to law enforcement. It's when your enemy frowns, friends, that you know you're starting to hit him where it hurts.

But right now, the left just laughs.

That was an excelent commentary WJ. All of it I agree with totally. Until you get to what's quoted above. Maybe it's just the people I associate with, but my opinion of blacks as a whole is not very rosey, and I've expressed those views on ocassion to what I've gaged as an agreeable response. Take this board for example. I think most here know damn well what the score is, and you yourself WJ I think are part of the reason why. You were chastised a "racists" when you first got here. But now, through your own efforts, have shown at least the population of this board and those who are not members but read it, that you're more just for white people being able to do what blacks do, and not be condemned for it. On that level, you and I are on the same page. The double standard for blacks is painfully evident, and I hate it. Therefore, that makes me despise blacks. No one in America should get "special" treatment, but blacks do. They've had it for so long that they now "expect" it. And the liberal left is very aware of that. They KNOW they have the blacks bamboozeled, and blacks continue to swallow it. So when a black comes out and says, "these policies are bad", then that's taken by the liberals as an ATTACK on them. Because if blacks were to start turning "conservative", then the liberals won't have anyone left to vote for them. Liberalism would essentially die off, because losing the blacks would constitute losing their core. They'd have no one left to lie to that would believe their SHIT. (Maybe bully'pullit.) So the left is going to use whatever shitty little tricks it has to fight a conservative movement of blacks. Their very exsistance depends on it.

All I can add is I hope to live long enough to see the day when blacks finaly realize the liberal left has been using them like a blow up doll, and turn conservative. However, that day may never come.

Forum List

Back