Wt!!! Omg!!!

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
'Party trumps race' for Steele foes
By S.A. Miller
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
November 2, 2005

Black Democratic leaders in Maryland say that racially tinged attacks against Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele in his bid for the U.S. Senate are fair because he is a conservative Republican.
Such attacks against the first black man to win a statewide election in Maryland include pelting him with Oreo cookies during a campaign appearance, calling him an "Uncle Tom" and depicting him as a black-faced minstrel on a liberal Web log.
Operatives for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) also obtained a copy of his credit report -- the only Republican candidate so targeted.
But black Democrats say there is nothing wrong with "pointing out the obvious."
"There is a difference between pointing out the obvious and calling someone names," said a campaign spokesman for Kweisi Mfume, a Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate and former president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
State Sen. Lisa A. Gladden, a black Baltimore Democrat, said she does not expect her party to pull any punches, including racial jabs at Mr. Steele, in the race to replace retiring Democratic U.S. Sen. Paul S. Sarbanes.
"Party trumps race, especially on the national level," she said. "If you are bold enough to run, you have to take whatever the voters are going to give you. It's democracy, perhaps at its worse, but it is democracy."
Delegate Salima Siler Marriott, a black Baltimore Democrat, said Mr. Steele invites comparisons to a slave who loves his cruel master or a cookie that is black on the outside and white inside because his conservative political philosophy is, in her view, anti-black.
"Because he is a conservative, he is different than most public blacks, and he is different than most people in our community," she said. "His politics are not in the best interest of the masses of black people."
During the 2002 campaign, Democratic supporters pelted Mr. Steele with Oreo cookies during a gubernatorial debate at Morgan State University in Baltimore.
In 2001, Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr. called Mr. Steele an "Uncle Tom," when Mr. Steele headed the state Republican Party. Mr. Miller, Prince George's County Democrat, later apologized for the remark.
"That's not racial. If they call him the "N' word, that's racial," Mrs. Marriott said. "Just because he's black, everything bad you say about him isn't racial."

This week, the News Blog -- a liberal Web log run by Steve Gilliard, a black New Yorker -- removed a doctored photo of Mr. Steele that depicted him as a black-faced minstrel.
However, the blog has kept its headline "Simple Sambo wants to move to the big house." A caption beneath a photo of the lieutenant governor reads: "I's Simple Sambo and I's running for the Big House."
A spokesman for the Maryland Democratic Party denounced the depiction as being "extremely offensive" and having "no place in politics or in any other aspect of public discourse," The Washington Post reported. Democrats have denied any connection to the News Blog.
Still, Mfume spokesman Joseph P. Trippi said Mr. Steele opens himself to such criticism by defending Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. for holding a Republican fundraiser in July at the all-white Elkridge Club in Baltimore.
"The facts are the facts. Ehrlich went to that country club, and Steele said it didn't bother him," Mr. Trippi said. "I think that says something ... and should be part of this debate."
Several club members told the Baltimore Sun that, though blacks are welcome as guests and there is no policy banning blacks from membership, the club never has had a black member in its 127-year history.
Democrats also have used the club for various events, including Peter O'Malley, brother of and adviser to Baltimore Mayor Martin O'Malley, a Democratic candidate for governor. Peter O'Malley held his wedding reception there in 2003.
State Sen. Verna Jones, Baltimore Democrat and vice chairman of the General Assembly's legislative black caucus, said black Republicans deserve criticism because the Republican Party has not promoted the interests of the black community.
"The public policies supported by Democratic principles are the ones that most impact the African-American community," she said. "I'm not saying [Mr. Steele] is a sell-out. That's not for me to say."
In July, however, Mr. Mfume noted how Republicans were rallying for Mr. Steele but his party had ignored his historic candidacy. "More voters in Maryland are carrying the impression that the Democratic Party talks the talk, but doesn't always walk the walk. People may find a way to cross over in the fall," he said.
Steele campaign spokesman Leonardo Alcivar said state Democrats are afraid of losing the black vote to Mr. Steele.
"That has caused a great tremble throughout the Maryland Democratic Party," he said. "Of course [they are] going to condone racism. It's nothing new, and it's not surprising."

I am shocked by this from the Democrat's. What with the stunt they pulled today in the Senate, and reading this.. All I can do anymore is shake my head and think how sad..That they've sunk to the level that they have..

KKKEEEEEERRRRRAPPPPP!!!

Can you imagine if some white guy called the candidate "Simple Sambo"????

If anyone thinks that Blacks, the NAACP, and the Dems are not racist, they need to read this article with an objective mind. It is glaringly obvious that those entities use both sides of the race card to further their own ends.

Leftists --- no matter what their color is on the outside, they're still red on the inside

he is different than most public blacks, and he is different than most people in our community," she said.

The Democratic Party: Proud Lovers of Diversity! :rolleyes:

Bullypulpit said:
SO are RIghties...Snerk. :teeth:

name a few instances?

(BTW... when ARE you going to answer the question I posed to you several weeks ago concerning your contradictory set of beliefs in a woman's right to choose AND ahimsa?)

Well since we're on "stating the obvious" as these black democrats are so fond of, then perhaps we can speak of the pack menatality that a majority of Blacks take to almost anything. Democrats say Conservatives are bad, therefore all these blacks say conservatives are bad. Do they know any conservatives? Have they spoken to any outside of throwing oreos at one? No but that doesnt matter. The pack has said that they are bad so they must be bad. Second, any black that doesnt follow the pack is an uncle tom. He's gotta be. He's not following the pack and walking his own path so he must be a race traitor. :rolleyes:

This is why public education is a bad thing.

http://insider.washingtontimes.com/articles/normal.php?StoryID=20051101-104932-4054r

'Party trumps race' for Steele foes

By S.A. Miller
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
November 2, 2005

Black Democratic leaders in Maryland say that racially tinged attacks against Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele in his bid for the U.S. Senate are fair because he is a conservative Republican.
Such attacks against the first black man to win a statewide election in Maryland include pelting him with Oreo cookies during a campaign appearance, calling him an "Uncle Tom" and depicting him as a black-faced minstrel on a liberal Web log.
Operatives for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) also obtained a copy of his credit report -- the only Republican candidate so targeted.
But black Democrats say there is nothing wrong with "pointing out the obvious."
"There is a difference between pointing out the obvious and calling someone names," said a campaign spokesman for Kweisi Mfume, a Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate and former president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
State Sen. Lisa A. Gladden, a black Baltimore Democrat, said she does not expect her party to pull any punches, including racial jabs at Mr. Steele, in the race to replace retiring Democratic U.S. Sen. Paul S. Sarbanes.
"Party trumps race, especially on the national level," she said. "If you are bold enough to run, you have to take whatever the voters are going to give you. It's democracy, perhaps at its worse, but it is democracy."
Delegate Salima Siler Marriott, a black Baltimore Democrat, said Mr. Steele invites comparisons to a slave who loves his cruel master or a cookie that is black on the outside and white inside because his conservative political philosophy is, in her view, anti-black.
"Because he is a conservative, he is different than most public blacks, and he is different than most people in our community," she said. "His politics are not in the best interest of the masses of black people."
During the 2002 campaign, Democratic supporters pelted Mr. Steele with Oreo cookies during a gubernatorial debate at Morgan State University in Baltimore.
In 2001, Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr. called Mr. Steele an "Uncle Tom," when Mr. Steele headed the state Republican Party. Mr. Miller, Prince George's County Democrat, later apologized for the remark.
"That's not racial. If they call him the "N' word, that's racial," Mrs. Marriott said. "Just because he's black, everything bad you say about him isn't racial."
This week, the News Blog -- a liberal Web log run by Steve Gilliard, a black New Yorker -- removed a doctored photo of Mr. Steele that depicted him as a black-faced minstrel.
However, the blog has kept its headline "Simple Sambo wants to move to the big house." A caption beneath a photo of the lieutenant governor reads: "I's Simple Sambo and I's running for the Big House."
A spokesman for the Maryland Democratic Party denounced the depiction as being "extremely offensive" and having "no place in politics or in any other aspect of public discourse," The Washington Post reported. Democrats have denied any connection to the News Blog.
Still, Mfume spokesman Joseph P. Trippi said Mr. Steele opens himself to such criticism by defending Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. for holding a Republican fundraiser in July at the all-white Elkridge Club in Baltimore.
"The facts are the facts. Ehrlich went to that country club, and Steele said it didn't bother him," Mr. Trippi said. "I think that says something ... and should be part of this debate."
Several club members told the Baltimore Sun that, though blacks are welcome as guests and there is no policy banning blacks from membership, the club never has had a black member in its 127-year history.
Democrats also have used the club for various events, including Peter O'Malley, brother of and adviser to Baltimore Mayor Martin O'Malley, a Democratic candidate for governor. Peter O'Malley held his wedding reception there in 2003.
State Sen. Verna Jones, Baltimore Democrat and vice chairman of the General Assembly's legislative black caucus, said black Republicans deserve criticism because the Republican Party has not promoted the interests of the black community.
"The public policies supported by Democratic principles are the ones that most impact the African-American community," she said. "I'm not saying [Mr. Steele] is a sell-out. That's not for me to say."
In July, however, Mr. Mfume noted how Republicans were rallying for Mr. Steele but his party had ignored his historic candidacy. "More voters in Maryland are carrying the impression that the Democratic Party talks the talk, but doesn't always walk the walk. People may find a way to cross over in the fall," he said.
Steele campaign spokesman Leonardo Alcivar said state Democrats are afraid of losing the black vote to Mr. Steele.
"That has caused a great tremble throughout the Maryland Democratic Party," he said. "Of course [they are] going to condone racism. It's nothing new, and it's not surprising."

It sickens me how the Democratic Party uses minorities to further their own agenda. They aren't about helping them at all, their policies do the exact opposite.

theHawk said:
It sickens me how the Democratic Party uses minorities to further their own agenda. They aren't about helping them at all, their policies do the exact opposite.
They won't admit, not even to themselves, but isn't it obvious? The attitude of the liberals elites is that the majority of black are dumb n-i-g-g-e-r-s that should be ready, willing and able to do Massa's bidding.

KarlMarx said:
They won't admit, not even to themselves, but isn't it obvious? The attitude of the liberals elites is that the majority of black are dumb n-i-g-g-e-r-s that should be ready, willing and able to do Massa's bidding.

And stupid enough to believe that a policy that focuses on their race will be beneficial in ending racism...

Bonnie said:
The liberal creedo..........Diversity through arm twisting :thup:

Democrat Dictionary:

Diversity (n). - (d-vûrs-t) -

a. The fact or quality of having an even larger group of Democrats preaching the party line.
b. A point or respect in which more people are Democrats.
2. Variety or multiformity of ideas in which a group of people agree with the Democratic Party.

no1tovote4 said:
Democrat Dictionary:

Diversity (n). - (d-vûrs-t) -

a. The fact or quality of having an even larger group of Democrats preaching the party line.
b. A point or respect in which more people are Democrats.
2. Variety or multiformity of ideas in which a group of people agree with the Democratic Party.

That's pretty good :)

KarlMarx said:
name a few instances?

(BTW... when ARE you going to answer the question I posed to you several weeks ago concerning your contradictory set of beliefs in a woman's right to choose AND ahimsa?)

We all bleed whether on the left or right. I actually had to explain that to you? :wtf:

I am not an adherent of ahimsa, never have been, as can be attested to by the number of squirrels suffering acute cases of lead poisoning as they tried to raid our garden this summer.

http://news.search.yahoo.com/news/s...Detroit,+Michigan&ei=UTF-8&fl=0&c=news_photos

Obviously you had to have a Democrat political agenda to speak at Rosa Parks' funeral today. It doesn't appear any Republicans were invited.

U.S. Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) pauses as he speaks at a funeral for civil rights activist Rosa Parks in Detroit, Michigan, November 2, 2005............

Another one of those uppity mixed race guys.

United States Representative John Conyers (D-MI) speaks at a funeral for civil rights activist Rosa Parks in Detroit, Michigan November 2, 2005. ..........

So What?

U.S. Senator John Kerry (D-MA) speaks at a funeral for civil rights activist Rosa Parks in Detroit, Michigan, November 2, 2005.?????????????

Did this guy feel out of place, just having to go to Detroit must of sickened his pompous ass.

U.S. Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY) speaks at a funeral for civil rights activist Rosa Parks in Detroit, Michigan, November 2, 2005. ...............

She better be corting them black people, Cindy Sheehan is making sure she doesn't get the antiwar vote.

Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm salutes at a funeral for civil rights activist Rosa Parks in Detroit, Michigan, November 2, 2005.........

She saw Kerry do it at the Dem convention and somehow didn't get how lame he looked.

Former United States President Bill Clinton pauses as he speaks at a funeral for civil rights activist Rosa Parks in Detroit, Michigan November 2, 2005.......

Of course it goes without saying that the first Black President would not miss an opportunity to show the world how diverse and progressive he is, whore.

Mourners file past the bus that U.S. Civil Rights activist Rosa Parks was arrested in 50 years ago, outside the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History in Detroit, Michigan November 1, 2005........

Even the bus showed up.

Sure looks like a lot of planned photo-ops.

Throwing objects at someone can constitute battery, and since the Oreo cookies are meant to send a negative racial message, these people should be arrested for hate crimes against the Lt. Governor. If we're going to have hate crimes on the books, let's start using it in this situation too.

Abbey Normal said:
Throwing objects at someone can constitute battery, and since the Oreo cookies are meant to send a negative racial message, these people should be arrested for hate crimes against the Lt. Governor. If we're going to have hate crimes on the books, let's start using it in this situation too.

But it's "black-on-black" - I'm sure the hate-crime definition doesn't cover black-on-black crime; if it did, imagine how many hate crime cases there would be every single day.

GotZoom said:
But it's "black-on-black" - I'm sure the hate-crime definition doesn't cover black-on-black crime; if it did, imagine how many hate crime cases there would be every single day.

I am no fan of hate crime laws, and your point just adds one more reason to the list. But if we must have them, then I would maintain that what these people are doing is arguably more offensive than if a person of a different race were to do it. How awful to be ridiculed and hated by your own race.

Forum List

Back