WSJ writer blasphemes...

Soccer's a great sport. Stop being mindless Jim Rome drones and realize it. There's nothing like the World Cup and all of the haters would get owned on a soccer field.

Some people like soccer and some don't. That pretty much fits with any sport. This claim that one sport is great and one is terrible is simply someone spouting their opinion like it matters.

As for the haters getting owned on the field at the World Cup, that pretty much fits all sports.

The haters would get owned at the Super Bowl, the World Series or the NBA Finals.

I just mean you have to have great conditioning to play soccer. When was the last time you saw a fat soccer player? You see plenty of fat guys in the other sports.

Now the comment about soccer and conditioning is 100% accurate. When I was playing amateur basketball, all the guys on my team used soccer to get in "run & gun" shape for the basketball season.
Now all this hate for soccer, whats up with that? Why can't people appreciate more than one or two sports? Talk about small minds.
I seriously played basketball for several years, I have played tennis and golf for decades, I played in a Touch Football league that was more tackle than touch :)lol:) and I played league softball. And that covers my adult life. In high school I was on basketball, football and track teams! About the only sport that I found boring was track, otherwise I love all the sports I played throughout my life.
Seriously, anyone who hates soccer (the most popular sport in the world), really isn't a real sports fan.

There it is. The soccer-suckers don't seem to realize that repeating (insert generic whiny Euro-accent) "it's the most popular sport in the world!" isn't a selling point to most Americans.

w/e - you troll the political forums. And you've already blatantly trolled the sports forums. I just don't care about your opinion anyhow.

LOL. I just told you I have no cause for you. So I don't care. Nice try though.

But my posts are "the most popular in the world!" That means you have to care, right? Right? What if I fall down for no reason and pretend to be hurt? Would you care then? What if I called my posts 'The Beautiful Posts'? You'd have to care then, right? Right? What if I screamed like it was the end of the world every time I did something as exciting as typing the letter 'X'? How about then?

Be careful or I'll wave a colored piece of paper at you, precious.

I get sick and tired of ESPN continually shoving soccer highlights down our throats on SportsCenter.

ENOUGH ALREADY!

REAL American men don't like soccer, and sure as hell don't PLAY soccer. Soccer is for pansies! Period!

Let the WOMEN play soccer. The game is PERFECT for females!

When I was a kid (a LONG time ago), "soccer" was called "kickball", and it was played by elementary school kids.

I couldn't give a rat's ass if "Man U." lost to "Man City" yesterday, or if "Pablo Escobar United" beat "Juan Valdez City" today.

REAL football players don't wear gym shorts, high socks, bounce balls off their heads, and take off their shirts when they score!

You don't know shit.

Soccer's a great sport. Stop being mindless Jim Rome drones and realize it. There's nothing like the World Cup and all of the haters would get owned on a soccer field.

Some people like soccer and some don't. That pretty much fits with any sport. This claim that one sport is great and one is terrible is simply someone spouting their opinion like it matters.

As for the haters getting owned on the field at the World Cup, that pretty much fits all sports.

The haters would get owned at the Super Bowl, the World Series or the NBA Finals.

Hey look at that! Someone is trying to interject common sense! What are you doing HERE?

You cannot compare the two sports, and no one is trying to force anyone to watch or play soccer. It is growing more popular in the US therefor the sports shows are showing more of it because people, like me, are asking.

Soccer has less scoring, yes. It's like baseball in that way where there is strategy going on at all times. Fans recognize it and it is part of the excitement.

Soccer has fewer commercials, but football's stoppage allows for commercials. Businesses put their ads on rotating wallboards and the player's shirts.

Both sports require great skills and athletic ability to play at the highest levels.

I played football in junior high, and all four years of high school. I played soccer on and off for a good part of that time as well. I continued to play soccer up until I was 50 years old. It's a great game. Both are great games.

I never miss the NFL playoffs and championship, and I never miss the World Cup and Olympic Soccer games.

Both the soccer fans and football fans (some of them not all) are always trying to claim their sport is better. It's retarded is you ask me.

Last edited:
American soccer fans are pitiful in their desperation. Spitting into the wind and all that. "No, it's really good! Really! You have to like it! Everyone else likes it!"

Sorry kids, no sale.

What's the average amount of soccer highlights on SC? They don't even get WNBA time. I'm sure it's under 20 seconds on average and many shows there are no soccer highlights unless it was a slow day in sports. You have no beef.

Maybe you're right. ESPN needs to show MORE soccer highlights, and more WNBA highlights.

They also need to show more professional bowling highlights, more intercollegiate badminton highlights, more professional lacrosse highlights, more demolition derby highlights, and more skeet shooting highlights!

Dude. They cover all the baseball games. I think they treat the 'major' sports fairly. Again, I don't give an f about your Jim Rome dronery. Soccer isn't the most popular sport in the world because it 'sucks.' You just are a puppet that took your Jim Rome talking point that soccer is inferior. You couldn't be more wrong.

So why do you have this fascination with Jim Rome? Handsome fella, eh?

Sorry, lemming, but I formulate my own opinions. I haven't listened to Jim Rome in YEARS, or seen his TV show (does he still have one?).

Unlike you, I am capable of forming my own opinions based on my own tastes.

I don't like soccer, and I'm tired of ESPN trying to cram it down my throat.

If you don't like my opinion about soccer or the WNBA, I really don't care.

I get sick and tired of ESPN continually shoving soccer highlights down our throats on SportsCenter.

ENOUGH ALREADY!

REAL American men don't like soccer, and sure as hell don't PLAY soccer. Soccer is for pansies! Period!

Let the WOMEN play soccer. The game is PERFECT for females!

When I was a kid (a LONG time ago), "soccer" was called "kickball", and it was played by elementary school kids.

I couldn't give a rat's ass if "Man U." lost to "Man City" yesterday, or if "Pablo Escobar United" beat "Juan Valdez City" today.

REAL football players don't wear gym shorts, high socks, bounce balls off their heads, and take off their shirts when they score!

You don't know shit.

Bingo! I don't know shit about soccer (or the WNBA) because I DON'T CARE, along with about 95% of other Americans.

If you enjoy a bunch of men running around in shorts kicking a ball, taking their shirts off, and dropping to their knees, that's YOUR business.

Soccer will NEVER replace Little League baseball in this country, no matter how hard the "PC police" try.

American soccer fans are pitiful in their desperation. Spitting into the wind and all that. "No, it's really good! Really! You have to like it! Everyone else likes it!"

Sorry kids, no sale.

And it's only in your imagination that we care whether you like it or not.

Yeah, that's why we hear the "it's the most popular sport in the world!" whine over and over and over. :rolleyes:

I'm not a big soccer hater. I'll watch every four years if team USA has a shot to make some noise in the World Cup. (men or women) But comparisons are inevitable and there is no way on Earth that soccer can hold a candle to football. (pronounced "FOOTBALL" in my home :lol: )

Soccer is checkers with fewer rules. Football is chess... with violence. :beer:

I'm not a big soccer hater. I'll watch every four years if team USA has a shot to make some noise in the World Cup. (men or women) But comparisons are inevitable and there is no way on Earth that soccer can hold a candle to football. (pronounced "FOOTBALL" in my home :lol: )

Soccer is checkers with fewer rules. Football is chess... with violence. :beer:

Hell yeah! REAL men play American football.

Sissy-men who support gay marriage play soccer!

:lol::eek:

Forum List

Back