WSJ writer blasphemes...

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
... will burn in the Hellfire with the demons poking him with sharp sticks and the ugly fat Hooters waitress' serving him burnt wings during lunch break while the TV's get terrible reception etc etc.

Why Soccer Is Better Than Football - WSJ.com

... I've made the switch from American football to real football. After years of trying to sneak away from the National Football League—with its weaponized linemen, bounty-hunting defenses and periodic bursts of action to break up the commercials—I am finally, completely finished with it. You may be ready for some football, but I'm so bored with the NFL.

As an American, this puts me at loggerheads not just with my countrymen—this year's Super Bowl was the most watched program in U.S. history—but also my colleague and boss, Wall Street Journal deputy editor in chief Gerard Baker.

What a roob. What a ninconpoop. What a maroon. Get a clue ya euro-whipped pansy.

See article above for details. My rebuttal is below.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynn7VGY2Asc]Marshawn Lynch[/ame]

Soccer appeals to people who enjoy professional wrestling. The problem is that slow motion and instant replay continue to demonstrate that theatrics are very much a part of the game. A phantom tackle that has the player rolling in agony for the length of the field and miraculously healed as soon as the opposing team player has been shown a card or a penalty has been awarded for the role of "best actor". It's no wonder that there is violence in the stands and that soccer hooligans run amok seeking to right an endless stream of wrongs. Where most sports conclude with evidence that the best team won on that day, soccer is nothing more than a modern day court of miracles, all too obvious in its deceit.

Isn't Soccer the game where you fall to the ground and scream if someone gets within 10 feet of you?

I get sick and tired of ESPN continually shoving soccer highlights down our throats on SportsCenter.

ENOUGH ALREADY!

REAL American men don't like soccer, and sure as hell don't PLAY soccer. Soccer is for pansies! Period!

Let the WOMEN play soccer. The game is PERFECT for females!

When I was a kid (a LONG time ago), "soccer" was called "kickball", and it was played by elementary school kids.

I couldn't give a rat's ass if "Man U." lost to "Man City" yesterday, or if "Pablo Escobar United" beat "Juan Valdez City" today.

REAL football players don't wear gym shorts, high socks, bounce balls off their heads, and take off their shirts when they score!

Out of respect for my friend and fellow poster, manu1959, I choose to refrain from stating my thoughts about the boring piece of shit came known as soccer.

Soccer's a great sport. Stop being mindless Jim Rome drones and realize it. There's nothing like the World Cup and all of the haters would get owned on a soccer field.

Soccer's a great sport. Stop being mindless Jim Rome drones and realize it. There's nothing like the World Cup and all of the haters would get owned on a soccer field.

Some people like soccer and some don't. That pretty much fits with any sport. This claim that one sport is great and one is terrible is simply someone spouting their opinion like it matters.

As for the haters getting owned on the field at the World Cup, that pretty much fits all sports.

The haters would get owned at the Super Bowl, the World Series or the NBA Finals.

Some people like soccer and some don't. That pretty much fits with any sport. This claim that one sport is great and one is terrible is simply someone spouting their opinion like it matters.

As for the haters getting owned on the field at the World Cup, that pretty much fits all sports.

The haters would get owned at the Super Bowl, the World Series or the NBA Finals.

I just mean you have to have great conditioning to play soccer. When was the last time you saw a fat soccer player? You see plenty of fat guys in the other sports.

Soccer is like the metric system. Every few years some a-holes decide that America must embrace it, but it doesn't work out.

The rest of the world is more than welcome to tear their hair out and set themselves on fire because they are so excited about Glenbarren vs Peathill or some such thing, but soccer here is mainly a game for young children. It dwindles in popularity from there on up. Just the way it is. The best athletes gravitate to other sports. No matter how many times some sweaty European says, "do you know how many people watch the World Cup?!" it won't change that.

Soccer is like the metric system. Every few years some a-holes decide that America must embrace it, but it doesn't work out.

The rest of the world is more than welcome to tear their hair out and set themselves on fire because they are so excited about Glenbarren vs Peathill or some such thing, but soccer here is mainly a game for young children. It dwindles in popularity from there on up. Just the way it is. The best athletes gravitate to other sports. No matter how many times some sweaty European says, "do you know how many people watch the World Cup?!" it won't change that.

Who's deciding that America must embrace it? Sports Center has hardly any soccer highlights. But people are embracing it slowly. That's why the MLS is expanding and building new stadiums. And the more we do embrace it, the better talented players and competition we'll see. I speak from a macro perspective. But I could care less about cramming soccer down anybody's gullet. Conversely, I'm uninterested in hearing pretentious bitches complain about soccer either. I say that with all due respect.

... will burn in the Hellfire with the demons poking him with sharp sticks and the ugly fat Hooters waitress' serving him burnt wings during lunch break while the TV's get terrible reception etc etc.

Why Soccer Is Better Than Football - WSJ.com

... I've made the switch from American football to real football. After years of trying to sneak away from the National Football League—with its weaponized linemen, bounty-hunting defenses and periodic bursts of action to break up the commercials—I am finally, completely finished with it. You may be ready for some football, but I'm so bored with the NFL.

As an American, this puts me at loggerheads not just with my countrymen—this year's Super Bowl was the most watched program in U.S. history—but also my colleague and boss, Wall Street Journal deputy editor in chief Gerard Baker.

What a roob. What a ninconpoop. What a maroon. Get a clue ya euro-whipped pansy.

See article above for details. My rebuttal is below.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynn7VGY2Asc]Marshawn Lynch[/ame]

I'm not going to say this moran should be tarred, feathered, fired from his job, blackballed from getting another job then road out on a rail.

I will, however, imply the hell out of it.

Kickball is dull as dirt and the games are Two long.

It's one step above shuffle board and one below ping pong.

I get sick and tired of ESPN continually shoving soccer highlights down our throats on SportsCenter.

ENOUGH ALREADY!

REAL American men don't like soccer, and sure as hell don't PLAY soccer. Soccer is for pansies! Period!

Let the WOMEN play soccer. The game is PERFECT for females!

When I was a kid (a LONG time ago), "soccer" was called "kickball", and it was played by elementary school kids.

I couldn't give a rat's ass if "Man U." lost to "Man City" yesterday, or if "Pablo Escobar United" beat "Juan Valdez City" today.

REAL football players don't wear gym shorts, high socks, bounce balls off their heads, and take off their shirts when they score!
Real football players don't wear pads or helmet either.

Who's deciding that America must embrace it? Sports Center has hardly any soccer highlights. But people are embracing it slowly. That's why the MLS is expanding and building new stadiums. And the more we do embrace it, the better talented players and competition we'll see. I speak from a macro perspective. But I could care less about cramming soccer down anybody's gullet. Conversely, I'm uninterested in hearing pretentious bitches complain about soccer either. I say that with all due respect.

What are you talking about? SportsCenter is ALWAYS trying to cram soccer highlights down our throats!

When SportsCenter starts with their soccer "lovefest" bullshit, that's my signal to go take a dump.

You obviously don't watch SportsCenter very often.

What are you talking about? SportsCenter is ALWAYS trying to cram soccer highlights down our throats!

When SportsCenter starts with their soccer "lovefest" bullshit, that's my signal to go take a dump.

What's the average amount of soccer highlights on SC? They don't even get WNBA time. I'm sure it's under 20 seconds on average and many shows there are no soccer highlights unless it was a slow day in sports. You have no beef.

What's the average amount of soccer highlights on SC? They don't even get WNBA time. I'm sure it's under 20 seconds on average and many shows there are no soccer highlights unless it was a slow day in sports. You have no beef.

Maybe you're right. ESPN needs to show MORE soccer highlights, and more WNBA highlights.

They also need to show more professional bowling highlights, more intercollegiate badminton highlights, more professional lacrosse highlights, more demolition derby highlights, and more skeet shooting highlights!

Maybe you're right. ESPN needs to show MORE soccer highlights, and more WNBA highlights.

They also need to show more professional bowling highlights, more intercollegiate badminton highlights, more professional lacrosse highlights, more demolition derby highlights, and more skeet shooting highlights!

Dude. They cover all the baseball games. I think they treat the 'major' sports fairly. Again, I don't give an f about your Jim Rome dronery. Soccer isn't the most popular sport in the world because it 'sucks.' You just are a puppet that took your Jim Rome talking point that soccer is inferior. You couldn't be more wrong.

Forum List

Back