WSJ writer blasphemes...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Ragnar, May 19, 2012.

1. Ragnar

Ragnar <--- Pic is not me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +843
    ... will burn in the Hellfire with the demons poking him with sharp sticks and the ugly fat Hooters waitress' serving him burnt wings during lunch break while the TV's get terrible reception etc etc.

Why Soccer Is Better Than Football - WSJ.com

What a roob. What a ninconpoop. What a maroon. Get a clue ya euro-whipped pansy.

See article above for details. My rebuttal is below.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynn7VGY2Asc]Marshawn Lynch[/ame]

2. TheGreatGatsby

TheGreatGatsby Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,569
    In no realm do I compare sports to blasphemy. But if I did, I wouldn't care if someone thought soccer or football was better.

3. Decus

Decus Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Soccer appeals to people who enjoy professional wrestling. The problem is that slow motion and instant replay continue to demonstrate that theatrics are very much a part of the game. A phantom tackle that has the player rolling in agony for the length of the field and miraculously healed as soon as the opposing team player has been shown a card or a penalty has been awarded for the role of "best actor". It's no wonder that there is violence in the stands and that soccer hooligans run amok seeking to right an endless stream of wrongs. Where most sports conclude with evidence that the best team won on that day, soccer is nothing more than a modern day court of miracles, all too obvious in its deceit.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Isn't Soccer the game where you fall to the ground and scream if someone gets within 10 feet of you?

5. TruthSeeker56

TruthSeeker56 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +496
    I get sick and tired of ESPN continually shoving soccer highlights down our throats on SportsCenter.

ENOUGH ALREADY!

REAL American men don't like soccer, and sure as hell don't PLAY soccer. Soccer is for pansies! Period!

Let the WOMEN play soccer. The game is PERFECT for females!

When I was a kid (a LONG time ago), "soccer" was called "kickball", and it was played by elementary school kids.

I couldn't give a rat's ass if "Man U." lost to "Man City" yesterday, or if "Pablo Escobar United" beat "Juan Valdez City" today.

REAL football players don't wear gym shorts, high socks, bounce balls off their heads, and take off their shirts when they score!

6. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,109
    Out of respect for my friend and fellow poster, manu1959, I choose to refrain from stating my thoughts about the boring piece of shit came known as soccer.

7. TheGreatGatsby

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,569
    Soccer's a great sport. Stop being mindless Jim Rome drones and realize it. There's nothing like the World Cup and all of the haters would get owned on a soccer field.

8. TruthSeeker56

TruthSeeker56 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +496
    In it's entire history, soccer has spawned TWO things................hooliganism and a cure for insomnia.

9. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,817
    Some people like soccer and some don't. That pretty much fits with any sport. This claim that one sport is great and one is terrible is simply someone spouting their opinion like it matters.

As for the haters getting owned on the field at the World Cup, that pretty much fits all sports.

The haters would get owned at the Super Bowl, the World Series or the NBA Finals.

10. TheGreatGatsby

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,569
    I just mean you have to have great conditioning to play soccer. When was the last time you saw a fat soccer player? You see plenty of fat guys in the other sports.