WSJ: The Clear and Present Danger of Trump

Ignore the Trolling No-Content Clown above.
TROLLING Children like him should not be tolerated

The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump
Should mental health professionals get involved with diagnosing the president?
Psychology Today - Jan 5, 2018
The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump

The issue is not really about diagnosis; it is about the professional’s ethical duty to warn. It is about a developed expertise in assessing danger to self and other. I highly recommend this courageous new book edited by Dr. Bandy Lee called The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump that compiles chapters written by prominent and articulate psychiatrists and mental health professionals.

When George W. Bush came into office, I felt a strong sense of dread. I feared that his lack of thoughtfulness and his motivation to war, driven partly by his father issues, pointed to a dangerous situation—as, in fact, the wars in Iraq and Afganistan have turned out to be. I wrote letters to the editor raising the question of danger to self or others, but none were published.

Authors in The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump elaborate on the question of dangerousness by strongly asserting that it is, in fact, an ethical matter of duty to warn. Respecting the Goldwater Rule, or Section 73 of the APA code of ethics, citing the dangers of a malignant society becoming “normalized,” Robert J. Lifton issues a call to action; it is urgent that voices of those who assess danger to self or other must speak up."
[......]

serlin.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back