WSJ: Saddam's Files Show 'Direct' 9/11 Link

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains

Newly uncovered files examined by U.S. military investigators in Baghdad show what is being described as "a direct link" between Saddam Hussein's elite Fedayeen military unit and the terrorist attacks on America on Sept. 11, 2001.

Ahmed Hikmat Shakir, who attended a January 2000 al-Qaida summit in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where the 9/11 attacks were planned, is listed among the officers on three Fedayeen rosters reviewed by U.S. probers, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.

"Our government sources, who have seen translations of the documents, say Shakir is listed with the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel," the paper said.

Though the Journal doesn't mention it, Saddam's Fedayeen has been identified in previous reports as the group that conducted 9/11-style hijack training drills on a parked Boeing 707 airliner at the south Baghdad terrorist camp Salman Pak.

In a post obtained through Saddam's Mukhabarat intelligence service, Shakir was stationed at the Iraqi Embassy in Kuala Lumpur at the time of the 9/11 planning session.

Also in attendance were 9/11 hijackers Khalid al Midhar and Nawaz al Hamzi, who were piloting American Airlines Flight 77 when it crashed into the Pentagon.

Full Story

This is pretty big news IMO! Has it been reported much? I haven't seen too much of the news with moving into the new house. I know,it probably hasn't because it would be even more reason to back up the war. I don't doubt that Iraq had something to do with 9-11,I really don't.

Originally posted by MtnBiker

Newly uncovered files examined by U.S. military investigators in Baghdad show Full Story

This story is from Newsmax. In Nazi Germany, Dr Joseph Goebbels was in charge of propaganda. Goebbels official
title was Minister of Propaganda and National Enlightenment. In the U.S.A. we have Newsmax.

Consider the source.

That is supposed to be 'news'? You didn't know that?

Originally posted by st8_o_mind
This story is from Newsmax. In Nazi Germany, Dr Joseph Goebbels was in charge of propaganda. Goebbels official
title was Minister of Propaganda and National Enlightenment. In the U.S.A. we have Newsmax.

Consider the source.

But if its on Moveon its legit right?

Consider the source.

That's great :rolleyes:

Are you going to call The Wall Street Journal Nazi Propaganda also?

Saddam's Files
New evidence of a link between Iraq and al Qaeda.

Thursday, May 27, 2004 12:01 a.m. EDT

One thing we've learned about Iraq since the fall of Saddam Hussein is that the former dictator was a diligent record keeper. Coalition forces have found--literally--millions of documents. These papers are still being sorted, translated and absorbed, but they are already turning up new facts about Saddam's links to terrorism.

We realize that even raising this subject now is politically incorrect. It is an article of faith among war opponents that there were no links whatsoever--that "secular" Saddam and fundamentalist Islamic terrorists didn't mix. But John Ashcroft's press conference yesterday reminds us that the terror threat remains, and it seems especially irresponsible for journalists not to be open to new evidence. If the CIA was wrong about WMD, couldn't it have also missed Saddam's terror links?

One striking bit of new evidence is that the name Ahmed Hikmat Shakir appears on three captured rosters of officers in Saddam Fedayeen, the elite paramilitary group run by Saddam's son Uday and entrusted with doing much of the regime's dirty work. Our government sources, who have seen translations of the documents, say Shakir is listed with the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel.

This matters because if Shakir was an officer in the Fedayeen, it would establish a direct link between Iraq and the al Qaeda operatives who planned 9/11. Shakir was present at the January 2000 al Qaeda "summit" in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, at which the 9/11 attacks were planned. The U.S. has never been sure whether he was there on behalf of the Iraqi regime or whether he was an Iraqi Islamicist who hooked up with al Qaeda on his own.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110005133

st8, newsmax is a magazine that by its own admission leans more to the right on opinion articles and op eds. But i find there straight news to be much more objective then most if not ALL of the major LMM networks.

Go to their site and just look at some fo the stories theyve broken and tell me they arent legit.

If this story was even somewhat credible, don't you think the Bush Admin would be rejoicing like crazy right now.

For they'd finally be able to legitimately link Iraq II with the war on terror.

Why is it that the blame for the abuse prisoners at Abu Ghraib is by a few and the action of 1 men represent Iraq? I see where you are coming from.

Did what this man say represent the United State of America?

HEAR THE LIES: (incredibly powerful website)

http://www.kaicurry.com/gwbush/remindus.swf

If what you are insinuating is to be a fact than you are a bloody liar?

Consider the source.

Spoken like a true Komrade!

Why do we need Goebbels when we have Pravda (i.e. CNN, CBS, NBC etc)?

Ah yes....the classic liberal reaction when confronted with facts that don't conform to their world view

1. Dismissal of the facts as not important
2. Denounce the source as being part of a vast right wing conspiracy (so the Wall Street Journal is part of a Nazi propaganda effort --- wow, who would have thought it?)
3. Deny the reality of the facts

My namesake would be proud of you!

BTW .... This would make a good study topic for some psych major's PhD thesis...."Liberal psychology and delusion"

Unfortunately, most psychologists, psychiatrists etc are left wing whackos themselves.

P.S. All you right wing conspirators out there, our weekly meeting to come up with ideas on how to completely control the press has been moved from the basement of Our Lady of Religious Extremists church to Joe's Garage. We'll be serving cofffee and sandwiches after the meeting. :)

Originally posted by KarlMarx
P.S. All you right wing conspirators out there, our weekly meeting to come up with ideas on how to completely control the press has been moved from the basement of Our Lady of Religious Extremists church to Joe's Garage. We'll be serving cofffee and sandwiches after the meeting. :)

I'll bring the cookies and milk. :D

Originally posted by menewa
Can I bring Ralph Nader?

Only if you can get that hypocrite to drive a Corvair . You know , the car that he worked so closely with Ford to destroy . He is easily as full of crap as Fatboy Moore (excuse me Harley Davidson).

Originally posted by sitarro
Only if you can get that hypocrite to drive a Corvair . You know , the car that he worked so closely with Ford to destroy . He is easily as full of crap as Fatboy Moore (excuse me Harley Davidson).

Although I don't know why Nader is running now, except for the weird conspiracy idea that he's helping the Republican win, he does deserve a lot of respect for his past service to the citizens of this country.
The constraints his group Public Citizen put on corporations not interested in public safety if it could save them a couple of million has saved countless lives.

Originally posted by menewa
Although I don't know why Nader is running now, except for the weird conspiracy idea that he's helping the Republican win, he does deserve a lot of respect for his past service to the citizens of this country.
The constraints his group Public Citizen put on corporations not interested in public safety if it could save them a couple of million has saved countless lives.

Sure. . . right.He's a Saint . . . Saint Ralph . What he is really about is how to make Ralph rich without really trying . By continuing to waste time running for President , he increases his chance of getting higher fees for his speeches .He makes a tremendous amount of money each year selling speeches to the terminally naive (mostly college kids who think drinking a Budweiser is something special )badmouthing the same corporations that end up funding his diatribes indirectly.Until schools quit paying to have dildoes like he and Moore throwup their bile on our children ,I will never believe that more money is needed for schools .
Please menewa, share with us what this "incredible guy" has really done to deserve respect .

Forum List

Back