WSJ: “Is Obama Smart?”

Next to Bush I would say Obama looks like a genius....but is just above avg i would say.

"Next to Bush I would say Obama looks like a genius..."

So the continuation of Bush's programs including the 'Bush tax cuts,' i.e., the dummy's programs, makes the carbon-copy President a genius?

I knew this would happen once they stopped teaching logic.

The only conclusion possible is that, next to you, the kid on the porch in "Deliverance" looks like a genius.

Well you seem to like to bring that "kid" up.

But in real life he was normal.

You know?

Real life?

Something you never deal with?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

The fatal flaw of reasoning many of you are making in this thread is equating education with intelligence.

Haven't any of you ever met someone with multiple degrees that didn't know shit from Shinola?

The fatal flaw of reasoning many of you are making in this thread is equating education with intelligence.

Haven't any of you ever met someone with multiple degrees that didn't know shit from Shinola?

That would be your flaw. Obama can speak intelligently on most any topic whereas Bush could barely put a complete sentence together. Not sure if it was the heavy alcohol abuse but Boehner is an addictive personality and he is also stupid.

Look at your candidates, Palin and Bachmann plus your people in leadership positions like Cantor. They get these teapartiers to vote them in and then they are beholden to them. They have even dumber people calling the shots.

Obama is standing up to this bunch and attempting to get them to comprehend what will get America working again. Of course they have better things to do like tanning themselves to a nice, bright, tangerine color and drinking themselves into a stupor.

That would be your flaw. Obama can speak intelligently on most any topic whereas Bush could barely put a complete sentence together. Not sure if it was the heavy alcohol abuse but Boehner is an addictive personality and he is also stupid.

Look at your candidates, Palin and Bachmann plus your people in leadership positions like Cantor. They get these teapartiers to vote them in and then they are beholden to them. They have even dumber people calling the shots.

Obama is standing up to this bunch and attempting to get them to comprehend what will get America working again. Of course they have better things to do like tanning themselves to a nice, bright, tangerine color and drinking themselves into a stupor.

Actions speak louder then words.

Obama's words are worthless because they're just meant to mislead people.

We comprehend what Obama is all about and finger-pointing never solved anything.

Just another irrelevant attempt to criticize our President. Did these people examine Bush's mind I wonder? Was Bush smart enough to be president? If knowledge equals smart, are Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann smart or dumb? Seems the right wing while in power fails, but out of power they sure can nitpick? Is nitpicking a sign of intelligence? In life it is what you do that matters, what you say often means little and often amounts to less.

"The collapse of the Bush presidency, in other words, is not just due to Bush's incompetence (although his administration has been incompetent beyond belief). Nor is it a response to the president's principled lack of intellectual curiosity and pitbull refusal to admit mistakes (although those character flaws are certainly real enough). And the orgy of bribery and special-interest dispensation in Congress is not the result of Tom DeLay's ruthlessness, as impressive a bully as he was. This conservative presidency and Congress imploded, not despite their conservatism, but because of it." "Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

Just another irrelevant attempt to criticize our President. Did these people examine Bush's mind I wonder? Was Bush smart enough to be president? If knowledge equals smart, are Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann smart or dumb? Seems the right wing while in power fails, but out of power they sure can nitpick? Is nitpicking a sign of intelligence? In life it is what you do that matters, what you say often means little and often amounts to less.

"The collapse of the Bush presidency, in other words, is not just due to Bush's incompetence (although his administration has been incompetent beyond belief). Nor is it a response to the president's principled lack of intellectual curiosity and pitbull refusal to admit mistakes (although those character flaws are certainly real enough). And the orgy of bribery and special-interest dispensation in Congress is not the result of Tom DeLay's ruthlessness, as impressive a bully as he was. This conservative presidency and Congress imploded, not despite their conservatism, but because of it." "Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

LOL, so what is your take on the collapse of the Obama Presidency?
And talk about nitpicking, what did you just post.?:lol:

Last edited:
I don't understand why people expect presidents to be humble and bad mouth themselves. What purpose would that serve....

I don't understand why you think that arrogance is something we should look for in a president. Being humble does not mean you bad mouth yourself, it means you realize that there are people who are better at things than you are.

There is always someone who is better.

A humble man would understand that he is not the smartest man on the planet, and is rarely the smartest one in the room. The most intelligent man I personally know drives a truck for a living. The smartest man in America used to work as a bouncer on Long Island, and now owns a horse ranch in Missouri. Both of them are very humble, and either of them can beat the crap out of most dumb people.

6004153_bjy7MPxx_c.jpg

He also hates the teaparty and the teaparty suckups in the House. McConnell is conservative and he knows how to negotiate and also how to size people up.

Of course Obama is very smart, the wingnut posters here know they have nobody who can beat him in 2012 so they try and try hard to convince people that he's stupid. :blahblah:

Go figure.

McConnell is a political elite, of course he hates the Tea Parties. Obama isn't so smart, should have been obvious to even you yesterday.

Politically elite and savvy, it's a quality that will be missed if the teaparty hicks take over.

Your Rovian potshots make you seem petty.

ROVE!! Booga booga!!

:lol:

So, it looks like your sole criterion for determining someone's intelligence is "What party does he belong to?"

Do you consider yourself intelligent?

Personally I don't find the Obama to be all that smart. He sees his polling numbers sliding into the crapper and he still stands up there acting like there isn't a problem and he should just continue on his merry way with trying to implement his "visions" on the American People.

The people spoke loud and clear in the November elections yet he just poo poo's them and acts like they don't know just how good they have it.

I find him to be arrogant, cold, uncaring, unbending, lazy, and he feels as if he is entitled because he the President.

I don't understand why people expect presidents to be humble and bad mouth themselves. What purpose would that serve....

I don't understand why liberals put so much effort into defending the indefensible.

UUUHHHH UMMMMMMM I I I I and let me be perfectly clear, ummmmmm uhhhhhhh

Yeah real intelligent.

Personally I don't find the Obama to be all that smart. He sees his polling numbers sliding into the crapper and he still stands up there acting like there isn't a problem and he should just continue on his merry way with trying to implement his "visions" on the American People.

The people spoke loud and clear in the November elections yet he just poo poo's them and acts like they don't know just how good they have it.

I find him to be arrogant, cold, uncaring, unbending, lazy, and he feels as if he is entitled because he the President.

Congressional polling is worse than Obama's. Exactly which candidate do you suppose stands a chance against Obama? Of even coming close?

Congressional polling is worse than Obama's. Exactly which candidate do you suppose stands a chance against Obama? Of even coming close?
They all seem to have a better chance then last week.

Don't tell me you don't think results matters anymore to you.

If results were any kind of a gage Obama is already a lame-duck President.

If he want to Harvard I am assuming he is smart, however being smart does not mean you can run a country otherwise congress would be full of rocket scientists and mathemiticians.

In a perfect world going to Harvard would be a sign of intelligence. In reality it is a sign of money, luck, or both.

Hey... I got into Harvard....well, it was 3 in the morning, and I had to use a crowbar...but still.....

Being humble is a good strategy. Being arrogant never is.
That's something else I don't get. He keeps getting called arrogant but I don't see it. The only credible quote in the OP by him is just playful banter.

All presidents and people in power get labelled arrogant whether they are or not. The alternative is Jimmy Carter.

What was wrong with Jimmy Carter?

Jimmy had due reason to be humble.

McConnell said Obama is very smart, but he was just sucking up.

He also hates the teaparty and the teaparty suckups in the House. McConnell is conservative and he knows how to negotiate and also how to size people up.

Of course Obama is very smart, the wingnut posters here know they have nobody who can beat him in 2012 so they try and try hard to convince people that he's stupid. :blahblah:

Go figure.

Not every politician believes in compromise.

"President Obama listened to Republican gripes about his stimulus package during a meeting with congressional leaders Friday morning - but he also left no doubt about who's in charge of these negotiations. "I won," Obama noted matter-of-factly, according to sources familiar with the conversation."

But perhaps taking a cue from Obama’s “I won” line when Democrats were asked if they were concerned about Republicans blocking the package, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid had a swift one-word answer: “No.”

But when the conversation got down to other specifics, it was clear that some of the Republican ideas were clearly non-starters with the new president –Obama to GOP: 'I won' - Jonathan Martin and Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com

I hope you will now see that 'Republicans can't legislate,...don't know how to compromise...Tea Party is too inflexible...."
are simply Democrat talking points and have no standing in reality.

That's something else I don't get. He keeps getting called arrogant but I don't see it. The only credible quote in the OP by him is just playful banter.

All presidents and people in power get labelled arrogant whether they are or not. The alternative is Jimmy Carter.

What was wrong with Jimmy Carter?
carter is a deeply underrated president. he was handed a massive shit sandwich with the mideast conflict and the economic aftershocks of vietnam, and he did what he could, quite courageously in my opinion, to try and change the direction of the country toward frugality and energy independence. folks didn't cotton to that, mainly because most people seem to prefer happy talk, facile nationalism and chicken-in-every-pot talk, so they went with reagan. obviously the hostage crisis was a problem but i've never heard a con explain to me what THEY would have done to solve it, except they would talk tough. i'll give carter props over obama on that, at least he never negotiated with the hostage takers the way obama did during the debt ceiling debate.

carter isn't going to go down as a great president, but i think he'll be remembered as better than average, esp. given the hand he was dealt. reagan, on the other hand, was a joke. but he really tapped into a cheap, facile nationalist streak among the hyper-con flag fetishists that's really easy to exploit.

"...i think he'll be remembered as better than average,..."
The glaring error in your quote is the first two words.

Unless you can find one teensy-weensy error in the following, retreat back into the corner, and be satisfied that you will be watered twice a day with the other vegetables.

“1980…Carter was the bumbling, egotistical coward bent on surrendering to the Soviets, who claimed to have been attacked by a giant swimming rabbit. Carter’s economic policies had produced a 21% interest rate, a 17% mortgage rate, and a 15% inflation rate in a ‘hat trick’ of presidential incompetence. Not only that, but he had produced skyrocketing unemployment.

Carter’s brilliant strategic ploy of abandoning the shah of Iran, an important American ally, soon led to soaring oil prices and, of course, Islamic lunatics holding fifty-two Americans hostage in Tehran, where they remained for 444 days, until Carter was safely removed from office by the American people. (Carter’s abandonment of the shah also gave rise to the global Islamofascist movement we’re still dealing with today.)

Under Carter, Americans were permitted to put gas in their cars only on alternate days, based on whether the last number of their license plates wan an even or odd number. The price of oil had risen 154% since the beginning of Carter’s presidency.

With all that going for them- plus that old Mondale magic- Democrats were dumbstruck that they lost the 1980 election. (Nor could they understand why gas prices, inflation and interest rates shot down and the nation enjoyed peace and prosperity soon after Reagan became president.) Naturally liberals asked themselves” What other than a dirty trick could explain Carter’s loss?

The Left’s theory was that in October, one month before the 1980 presidential election, members of Reagan’s campaign clandestinely met with representatives of the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini and offered to sell him weapons in exchange for his promise not to release the hostages before the election. By delaying the release of the hostages, the theory went, Reagan would deprive Carter of a triumphant victory on the eve of the vote. In other words, liberals believed the Islamofascist cutthroats who had been toying with Carter like a cat with a ball of yarn for the past year wanted Carter replaced by someone stronger, like Reagan.
But it seemed like a perfectly plausible theory to the editorial board of the New York Times.”
Coulter, “Demonic,” p. 84-85

BTW...those were Carter's good points!

Add this:

"to Make a Just Peace." In it, he let it all hang out as an apologist for Arafat and a bulldog against Sharon. Before getting to that piece, however, we should be clear about just how attached to Arafat and his cause the ex-president is. As Brinkley writes in his book The Unfinished Presidency — about Carter's celebrated post-White House years — "there was no world leader Jimmy Carter was more eager to know than Yasir Arafat." The former president "felt certain affinities with the Palestinian: a tendency toward hyperactivity and a workaholic disposition...."
Jay Nordlinger on Jimmy Carter on National Review Online

And, in his book, Brinkley pointed out that Carter wrote speeches for Arafat.

"...i think he'll be remembered as better than average,..."

Bonehead.

Forum List

Back