WSJ: “Is Obama Smart?”

Nope, Carter and Clinton. Hillary is very smart and so is Obama.

Reagan, Bush/Bush and their VPs were quite stupid.

Now if you want to get into the level of competence in congress, it gets even more laughable. Boehner and Cantor - dumb and dumber.

I don't know why Rs keep bringing this up, they know they are on the losing end of this argument. :lol:
Anyone who is willing to believe that claptrap is as dumb as a stump.

The last two Democraps that ran against Bush had lower GPAs then Bush. We can't prove what Obama's was because somehow he got them sealed like a national secret.

Ether he's paranoid or dumb as shit.

There's no way that Bush had a higher IQ than either Kerry or Gore, his grades were bought and paid for. He was drunk all the time for one thing.

You're such a talking point winger..

Bush's GPA was higher then both Kerry and Gore. Course that's not hard to believe.

And Bush wasn't drunk all of the time. The guy was a cheerleader and led an active social life. He was a hard partier though.....not a reprobate or a loner in college.....and he graduated from F-102 fight school, which is no small feat. The physical and mental requirements for flight school are extremely rigid. Bush was and still is an athlete. At age 64 he finished a 62.5 mile bike ride with wounded soldiers earlier this year with Lance Armstrong in Big Bend National Park and spent 3 days with the soldiers.

Sorry if that bugs you.

If he want to Harvard I am assuming he is smart, however being smart does not mean you can run a country otherwise congress would be full of rocket scientists and mathemiticians.

In a perfect world going to Harvard would be a sign of intelligence. In reality it is a sign of money, luck, or both.

In all reality though, I doubt obama is in the top 25. Nixon and Clinton are most likely the most intelligent in the recent history. Nixon had the highest IQ of any President, if I'm not mistaken. Kind of funny that they both had major ethical issues associated with their presidency.

Now if you want to get into the level of competence in congress, it gets even more laughable. Boehner and Cantor - dumb and dumber.

I don't know why Rs keep bringing this up, they know they are on the losing end of this argument. :lol:

Oh now, don't be too harsh, he does read a teleprompter well and can pronounce words correctly- except for navy corpsman. :lol::lol:

The last two Democraps that ran against Bush had lower GPAs then Bush. We can't prove what Obama's was because somehow he got them sealed like a national secret.

Oh now, don't be too hard on him, he can read a teleprompter well and pronounce most words correctly except for corpsman.:lol:

I don't understand why people expect presidents to be humble and bad mouth themselves. What purpose would that serve....

I don't understand why you think that arrogance is something we should look for in a president. Being humble does not mean you bad mouth yourself, it means you realize that there are people who are better at things than you are.

There is always someone who is better.

A humble man would understand that he is not the smartest man on the planet, and is rarely the smartest one in the room. The most intelligent man I personally know drives a truck for a living. The smartest man in America used to work as a bouncer on Long Island, and now owns a horse ranch in Missouri. Both of them are very humble, and either of them can beat the crap out of most dumb people.

Next to Bush I would say Obama looks like a genius....but is just above avg i would say.

Bush averaged 5% unemployment.
Obama is averaging over 9%.

Bush had a AAA rating.
Obama lost his and was the first POTUS to get an AA+ downgrade even though we've had a Depression and a World War since they started the rating system in 1917.

Yeah, what a fucken brain.

like that had something to do with Bush's intelligence? Really?

I don't understand why people expect presidents to be humble and bad mouth themselves. What purpose would that serve....

Being humble is a good strategy. Being arrogant never is.
That's something else I don't get. He keeps getting called arrogant but I don't see it. The only credible quote in the OP by him is just playful banter.

All presidents and people in power get labelled arrogant whether they are or not. The alternative is Jimmy Carter.

What was wrong with Jimmy Carter?

Except Standard & Poor's started in 1941. Moody's started in 1917, and they still rate us as AAA (outlook: negative). In other words, the ones who gave us the rating originally still hold us as AAA.

Being humble is a good strategy. Being arrogant never is.
That's something else I don't get. He keeps getting called arrogant but I don't see it. The only credible quote in the OP by him is just playful banter.

All presidents and people in power get labelled arrogant whether they are or not. The alternative is Jimmy Carter.

carter is a deeply underrated president. he was handed a massive shit sandwich with the mideast conflict and the economic aftershocks of vietnam, and he did what he could, quite courageously in my opinion, to try and change the direction of the country toward frugality and energy independence. folks didn't cotton to that, mainly because most people seem to prefer happy talk, facile nationalism and chicken-in-every-pot talk, so they went with reagan. obviously the hostage crisis was a problem but i've never heard a con explain to me what THEY would have done to solve it, except they would talk tough. i'll give carter props over obama on that, at least he never negotiated with the hostage takers the way obama did during the debt ceiling debate.

carter isn't going to go down as a great president, but i think he'll be remembered as better than average, esp. given the hand he was dealt. reagan, on the other hand, was a joke. but he really tapped into a cheap, facile nationalist streak among the hyper-con flag fetishists that's really easy to exploit.

In all reality though, I doubt obama is in the top 25. Nixon and Clinton are most likely the most intelligent in the recent history. Nixon had the highest IQ of any President, if I'm not mistaken. Kind of funny that they both had major ethical issues associated with their presidency.

It's obvious Mud, dumb as shit, who would spend $780+BILL and declare unemployment would stay at 8% or lower, this past week alone he endorsed Tim "Turbo Tax" Geithner to remain on as Treasury Secretary, the "I guarantee we will not lose our AAA Bond rating", another narcissistic idiot.....

carter is a deeply underrated president. he was handed a massive shit sandwich with the mideast conflict and the economic aftershocks of vietnam, and he did what he could, quite courageously in my opinion, to try and change the direction of the country toward frugality and energy independence. folks didn't cotton to that, mainly because most people seem to prefer happy talk, facile nationalism and chicken-in-every-pot talk, so they went with reagan. obviously the hostage crisis was a problem but i've never heard a con explain to me what THEY would have done to solve it, except they would talk tough. i'll give carter props over obama on that, at least he never negotiated with the hostage takers the way obama did during the debt ceiling debate.

carter isn't going to go down as a great president, but i think he'll be remembered as better than average, esp. given the hand he was dealt. reagan, on the other hand, was a joke. but he really tapped into a cheap, facile nationalist streak among the hyper-con flag fetishists that's really easy to exploit.

Better than average? I would hate to see what you consider average, you must have a pretty low standard....

Carter, (he is a distant relative) was lost the day he arrived in DC, like a fish out of water, leadership requires a God given talent, you do not learn it in a Ivy League school, or any school for that matter, some of society's brightest could not lead you to the bathroom....

At this point, Obama has relieved Carter of the Worst POTUS in the last 100 years, history will clarify this in short order....

Better than average? I would hate to see what you consider average, you must have a pretty low standard....

Carter, (he is a distant relative) was lost the day he arrived in DC, like a fish out of water, leadership requires a God given talent, you do not learn it in a Ivy League school, or any school for that matter, some of society's brightest could not lead you to the bathroom....

At this point, Obama has relieved Carter of the Worst POTUS in the last 100 years, history will clarify this in short order....
nice vent. hope you feel better, friend. i do continue to think that carter will be remembered as a better president than reagan, but that's just because i actually know a tad of history and i'm not just going on about "god given talent." but if that makes you feel better, god speed to you.

nice vent. hope you feel better, friend. i do continue to think that carter will be remembered as a better president than reagan, but that's just because i actually know a tad of history and i'm not just going on about "god given talent." but if that makes you feel better, god speed to you.

Far from a vent, I felt great all day highway, still do, how do you feel? Fever? A little lite headed? Need to take off those rose colored glasses, I lived thru the Carter debacle, thats all the history I needed, today is eerily familiar, you need to live it to understand, reading about it will never be the same....

There's no way that Bush had a higher IQ than either Kerry or Gore, his grades were bought and paid for. He was drunk all the time for one thing.

And HE'S the talking point winger after you parroted that BULLSHIT? Are you for real? OMG you sound like a MORON and clearly someone who buys his own side's lying ass propaganda unquestioningly!! Wow, you really do serve as the useful idiot Marx said the left could count on!

YOU don't know what the fuck you are talking about -but did prove what a totally mindless PARROT you are. First of all -how were his grades "bought and paid for"? You have ANY evidence that his grades did not reflect what he earned? Has even ONE of his former professors claimed they gave him a grade he did not earn? Considering both of those schools just reek of liberalism, surely you can find ONE of his professors who is claiming he gave Bush a grade he didn't earn. For that matter do you have ANY evidence that either Harvard or Yale allow politicians to BUY grades for their kids? Really? Gee, wouldn't that kind of detract from that "prestigious" label both schools like to parade around? Because aside from the fact Harvard and Yale refuse to take the offspring of politicians ALL THE TIME, Harvard also didn't have a problem with expelling that REAL DRUNK Ted Kennedy for cheating. So no problem expelling a Kennedy but they debased their reputation by putting a price on Bush's grades and just "socially passing" him and gave him TWO prestigious advanced degrees? You buy that, huh? You are really THAT much of moron to believe that? You are nothing but a scummy ass LIAR. Just imagine if it had been Bush expelled for cheating. And hey Kennedy nephew got kicked out too. But BUSH they not only kept but allowed "someone" to buy higher grades than he actually earned? REALLY -you have some kind of dying NEED to believe that bullshit and prove what a total moron you really are? Just in case someone wasn't yet convinced here? Isn't it odd that college grades ONLY matter when its a Republican -and when its a Democrat, they get BURIED. Which is why we aren't allowed to see Obama's grades. Believe me, if that guy had higher grades than Bush, those grades would have been DISPLAYED like a flag! ROFL! But they are buried -FOR A REASON. Truly the double standard from people like you and your handlers is beyond immoral.

If you want to pretend college grades are indisputable proof of someone's intelligence and claim the Republican candidate is SOOOOO stupid -maybe next time don't put up two people who provably did even worse in college! That PATHOLOGICAL LIAR Gore attended Harvard where unlike Bush, he was in the bottom 1/5th of his class for the first two years. His GPA was lower than Bush's. He flunked out of his next school and dropped out the one after than and in fact he has LESS education than Bush who has the more advanced degree. And isn't it ODD that Gore's father -a SENATOR -couldn't buy better grades for HIS son, but a lowly Congressman could? ROFL! And Kerry -seriously get real if you think LURCH is smarter than Bush. That FUCKING TRAITOR is beyond stupid. He is truly a MORON. He had only ONE A in college. And that class was .....no surprise here -FRENCH! Oh wow a real heavy weight there, huh.

Bush's GPA was above average and higher than either Gore or Kerry and probably higher than Obama's too. He is certainly more intelligent than Obama who is THE most unqualified person to hold the office in my life. There is no such thing as "buying grades" at either school and no such thing as "social passing" as exists in our public school system. These two schools REJECT the offspring of politicians and celebrities ALL THE TIME and every year. Ask a Kennedy about all their extended family members who COULDN'T get accepted -because its far more than the number who were. Perhaps you think Bush's father was a well known politician at the time and that gave him a special edge here that made a huge difference -WRONG. His father didn't become VP until 3 years after Bush was out of school and had only been a Congressman. You know -the kind where there are also 434 OTHER ones at the same time -to say nothing of the hundreds and hundreds of former ones too?

And because YOU are too fucking stupid to educate yourself about it and need to regurgitate whatever your handlers fed you -Bush's drinking problems didn't start until after he was married and they ended years before he ran for Texas governor. He was not a drunk in college and he did not waste his years at Harvard and Yale drinking. There are no "social passing grades" at either school like there is in our public school system -and neither school would have allowed him to continue there, much less graduate and receive advanced degrees. GET REAL YOU STUPID, STUPID ASSHOLE.

The left likes to PRETEND their own are smarter but what they base that on isn't REALITY. No one in their right mind comparing the college records of Bush, Gore and Kerry would claim Gore and Kerry were the smart ones of the bunch. Their belief Gore and Kerry are smarter is ENTIRELY based on their political affiliation. The left are elitists and believe only a stupid person would not be a liberal -and that is entirely the basis for the claim EVERY SINGLE ELECTION that the Republican is stupid. They actually believe this too -which only proves just how stupid they THEMSELVES really are.

And HE'S the talking point winger after you parroted that BULLSHIT? Are you for real? OMG you sound like a MORON and clearly someone who buys his own side's lying ass propaganda unquestioningly!! Wow, you really do serve as the useful idiot Marx said the left could count on!

YOU don't know what the fuck you are talking about -but did prove what a totally mindless PARROT you are. First of all -how were his grades "bought and paid for"? You have ANY evidence that his grades did not reflect what he earned? Has even ONE of his former professors claimed they gave him a grade he did not earn? Considering both of those schools just reek of liberalism, surely you can find ONE of his professors who is claiming he gave Bush a grade he didn't earn. For that matter do you have ANY evidence that either Harvard or Yale allow politicians to BUY grades for their kids? Really? Gee, wouldn't that kind of detract from that "prestigious" label both schools like to parade around? Because aside from the fact Harvard and Yale refuse to take the offspring of politicians ALL THE TIME, Harvard also didn't have a problem with expelling that REAL DRUNK Ted Kennedy for cheating. So no problem expelling a Kennedy but they debased their reputation by putting a price on Bush's grades and just "socially passing" him and gave him TWO prestigious advanced degrees? You buy that, huh? You are really THAT much of moron to believe that? You are nothing but a scummy ass LIAR. Just imagine if it had been Bush expelled for cheating. And hey Kennedy nephew got kicked out too. But BUSH they not only kept but allowed "someone" to buy higher grades than he actually earned? REALLY -you have some kind of dying NEED to believe that bullshit and prove what a total moron you really are? Just in case someone wasn't yet convinced here? Isn't it odd that college grades ONLY matter when its a Republican -and when its a Democrat, they get BURIED. Which is why we aren't allowed to see Obama's grades. Believe me, if that guy had higher grades than Bush, those grades would have been DISPLAYED like a flag! ROFL! But they are buried -FOR A REASON. Truly the double standard from people like you and your handlers is beyond immoral.

If you want to pretend college grades are indisputable proof of someone's intelligence and claim the Republican candidate is SOOOOO stupid -maybe next time don't put up two people who provably did even worse in college! That PATHOLOGICAL LIAR Gore attended Harvard where unlike Bush, he was in the bottom 1/5th of his class for the first two years. His GPA was lower than Bush's. He flunked out of his next school and dropped out the one after than and in fact he has LESS education than Bush who has the more advanced degree. And isn't it ODD that Gore's father -a SENATOR -couldn't buy better grades for HIS son, but a lowly Congressman could? ROFL! And Kerry -seriously get real if you think LURCH is smarter than Bush. That FUCKING TRAITOR is beyond stupid. He is truly a MORON. He had only ONE A in college. And that class was .....no surprise here -FRENCH! Oh wow a real heavy weight there, huh.

Bush's GPA was above average and higher than either Gore or Kerry and probably higher than Obama's too. He is certainly more intelligent than Obama who is THE most unqualified person to hold the office in my life. There is no such thing as "buying grades" at either school and no such thing as "social passing" as exists in our public school system. These two schools REJECT the offspring of politicians and celebrities ALL THE TIME and every year. Ask a Kennedy about all their extended family members who COULDN'T get accepted -because its far more than the number who were. Perhaps you think Bush's father was a well known politician at the time and that gave him a special edge here that made a huge difference -WRONG. His father didn't become VP until 3 years after Bush was out of school and had only been a Congressman. You know -the kind where there are also 434 OTHER ones at the same time -to say nothing of the hundreds and hundreds of former ones too?

And because YOU are too fucking stupid to educate yourself about it and need to regurgitate whatever your handlers fed you -Bush's drinking problems didn't start until after he was married and they ended years before he ran for Texas governor. He was not a drunk in college and he did not waste his years at Harvard and Yale drinking. There are no "social passing grades" at either school like there is in our public school system -and neither school would have allowed him to continue there, much less graduate and receive advanced degrees. GET REAL YOU STUPID, STUPID ASSHOLE.

The left likes to PRETEND their own are smarter but what they base that on isn't REALITY. No one in their right mind comparing the college records of Bush, Gore and Kerry would claim Gore and Kerry were the smart ones of the bunch. Their belief Gore and Kerry are smarter is ENTIRELY based on their political affiliation. The left are elitists and believe only a stupid person would not be a liberal -and that is entirely the basis for the claim EVERY SINGLE ELECTION that the Republican is stupid. They actually believe this too -which only proves just how stupid they THEMSELVES really are.

Two words: Anger management. :lol:

Psycho.

McConnell said Obama is very smart, but he was just sucking up.

He also hates the teaparty and the teaparty suckups in the House. McConnell is conservative and he knows how to negotiate and also how to size people up.

Of course Obama is very smart, the wingnut posters here know they have nobody who can beat him in 2012 so they try and try hard to convince people that he's stupid. :blahblah:

Go figure.

He also hates the teaparty and the teaparty suckups in the House. McConnell is conservative and he knows how to negotiate and also how to size people up.

Of course Obama is very smart, the wingnut posters here know they have nobody who can beat him in 2012 so they try and try hard to convince people that he's stupid. :blahblah:

Go figure.

McConnell is a political elite, of course he hates the Tea Parties. Obama isn't so smart, should have been obvious to even you yesterday.

Go figure.

McConnell is a political elite, of course he hates the Tea Parties. Obama isn't so smart, should have been obvious to even you yesterday.

Politically elite and savvy, it's a quality that will be missed if the teaparty hicks take over.

Your Rovian potshots make you seem petty.

To hear Carter's administration, certainly the worst in history up till 2009, defended, irepresents a breath-taking disregard for the truth - EVEN coming from obamabots.

Highlights of Carter's record, from a previous post:

- Made BO look like a Talleyrand in the area of foreign policy by comparison: In 1977, he called the shah of iran "an island of stability" in the Middle East.

- Gave away the Panama Canal.

- Tossed the Republic of China over the side, and recognized the PRC. US policy for many years, under democrat and republican presidents alike, had been recognition of the PRC in exchange for a non-aggression against the ROC pact. In return, he got from the PRC - nothing. Even the PRC dictators were startled.

- Hugely ramped up the modern era of "affirmative action".

- Was the first US president to support the Abortion Holocaust.

- Abandoned the pro-US rebels in Angola to the communist dictators and soviet proxy army of cubans.

- Unilaterally withdrew all but a token force of US military from our south korean allies, who faced one of the world's most formidable armies.

- Bailed out the anachronistic chrysler corporation.

- Presided over huge interest rates and inflation.

- Signed the camp david accords, resulting in the assassination of president anwar sadat, and the birth of the modern islamofascist movement.

- Signed a nuclear weapons treaty (SALT II) so unfavorable to the US, that even his own leftwing congress refused to ratify it.

- Botched the iranian hostage rescue.

- Responded to the soviet invasion of afghanistan by boycotting the 1980 Moscow olympics. THAT fixed 'em!

- Lost re-election to Reagan in one of the biggest landslides in history.

Sidelights:

- Once reported that he sighted a UFO.

- Once beat off a "killer rabbit" that was "attacking" him in a boat. :lol:

Forum List

Back