WS Clergy Nag Walker: Where are the squeals of "separation of church and state" now?

i have
several times, and no where has he said he wanted anyone shut up

What he is saying is that he thinks that this letter is a violation of church and state. "Where are the cries for these clergy to butt out of politics" Quote of OP
he didnt say that it was a violation
you are reading that into it without him ever saying it

key word highlighted

He wants to know why no one is calling violation of church and state to shut these clergy up.

Apparently, he feels that clergy who oppose marriage equality should not be told they violate church and state. Any reasonable person could make these inferences from the OP title and opening sentence.

What he is saying is that he thinks that this letter is a violation of church and state. "Where are the cries for these clergy to butt out of politics" Quote of OP
he didnt say that it was a violation
you are reading that into it without him ever saying it

key word highlighted

He wants to know why no one is calling violation of church and state to shut these clergy up.

Apparently, he feels that clergy who oppose marriage equality should not be told they violate church and state. Any reasonable person could make these inferences from the OP title and opening sentence.
yeah, like there have been for OTHERS

which he also opposed the others
sheeesh
you again are reading things into the post that dont exist anywhere but in your OWN MIND

Petitions from clergy is somehow a separation of church and state issue?

Petitions are sent in all the time by clergy of all faiths....I do believe.

But, to complain about this petition...well.....shocking.

It's a non-issue.

Let me get this right....

Christians shouldn't be allowed to teach children or participate in politics, and politicians should not encourage them to do so..

UNLESS they're hooked up to the queer agenda?

Perfect Skysense.

I never said that Christians should not be allowed to teach in public school. Christian teachers should not be leading religious services in school. Churches that preach politics from the pulpit and use their churches for political activity should lose their tax exempt status.

I work in a school and many of the teachers I am fondest of are Christian. Don't let the truth interfere in your misrepresentation of my views, Allie. Keep hating me if you must. Keep lying about what I've said.

so all the churches listed as signatories to the letter should lose their tax exempt status, right?

Christians shouldn't be allowed to teach children or participate in politics, and politicians should not encourage them to do so..

Perfect Skysense.

I never said that Christians should not be allowed to teach in public school. Christian teachers should not be leading religious services in school. Churches that preach politics from the pulpit and use their churches for political activity should lose their tax exempt status.

I work in a school and many of the teachers I am fondest of are Christian. Don't let the truth interfere in your misrepresentation of my views, Allie. Keep hating me if you must. Keep lying about what I've said.

so all the churches listed as signatories to the letter should lose their tax exempt status, right?
bet she didn't see THAT coming

If Pat Robertson and/or Joel Osteen were the petitioners to GOP politicians, you'd be howling to high Heaven about the Christian right trying to impose their religion on you.

And we both know it.

Sanctimony ain't pretty.

bet she didn't see THAT coming

i think it's a legitimate question.

Perfect Skysense.

um...er....duuh....

but....

THIS IS DIFFERENT! :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back