WS Clergy Nag Walker: Where are the squeals of "separation of church and state" now?

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Jan 3, 2009
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
Well?

Where are the cries for these clergy to but out of politics now, huh?

Anyone?

Beuller?

Equality Wisconsin Fund’s Voices of Faith Project today released a letter signed by 33 pastors and rabbis from across WI calling on Gov. Scott Walker to maintain Wisconsin’s domestic partner protections.

“As leaders in the faith community, we are committed to seeing that all families are given the opportunity to thrive and contribute to the welfare of Wisconsin’s children,” the letter states, calling Wisconsin’s domestic partner registry and state employee domestic partner health benefits measures that “not only protect the rights of LGBT families, but also strengthen our state’s economy, making it an open and welcoming community in which to further one’s education, to work, and to raise children.”

Pastors and rabbis from congregations hailing from Racine to Superior signed the letter. They were contacted by Voices of Faith, a project of Equality Wisconsin Fund that helps congregations speak up for lesbian, gay, and transgender equality from a faith perspective. Wisconsin became one of 15 states that provide some or all of the legal protections of marriage to same-sex couples in 2009.

WisPolitics.com: Equality Wisconsin Fund: Wisconsin clergy urge Walker to preserve domestic partner protections

It's different that these Christians are coming to bat for gay people.

Here's part of the letter from the OP:

" As clergy who believe God loves all people created in the divine image, and that God, alone, will judge our ability to emulate divine love, we urge you to listen to voices of faith as you govern.

Looking ahead to the next four years, we hope you and your administration will continue to support and protect the important gains made for equal rights in our state, including those for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender citizens.

As leaders in the faith community, we are committed to seeing that all families are given the opportunity to thrive and contribute to the welfare of Wisconsin’s children. In that effort we applaud the work of Equality Wisconsin Fund, along with other state organizations, in passing laws creating the state domestic partner registry and domestic partner benefits for state employees. These measures not only protect the rights of LGBT families, but also strengthen our state’s economy, making it an open and welcoming community in which to further one’s education, to work, and to raise children. "

Last edited:

" As clergy who believe God loves all people created in the divine image, and that God, alone, will judge our ability to emulate divine love, we urge you to listen to voices of faith as you govern.

Looking ahead to the next four years, we hope you and your administration will continue to support and protect the important gains made for equal rights in our state, including those for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender citizens.

As leaders in the faith community, we are committed to seeing that all families are given the opportunity to thrive and contribute to the welfare of Wisconsin’s children. In that effort we applaud the work of Equality Wisconsin Fund, along with other state organizations, in passing laws creating the state domestic partner registry and domestic partner benefits for state employees. These measures not only protect the rights of LGBT families, but also strengthen our state’s economy, making it an open and welcoming community in which to further one’s education, to work, and to raise children. "
but i thought Christians hated gays?

but i thought Christians hated gays?

Some do, some don't. I've never said ALL Christians hate gays. I have even posted which groups support gays and which groups don't. LDS, Family Research Council, Westboro Baptist Church, American Family Association, RCC, Vegas-based Canyon Ridge Christian Church, proudly supporting the people in Uganda who want to enact a law that will kill or imprison LGBT people. These Christians hate gays.

United Methodist Church, Presbyterian Church, United Church of Christi, Ecumenical Catholic Church, Reform Jews, Reconstructionist Jews, Unitarian Church, Quakers all support marriage equality and accept gays.

Some Christians here accuse me of hating Christians. I don't. I like some of them, I don't like others. Hate isn't a part of the equation.

Last edited:
Let me get this right....

Christians shouldn't be allowed to teach children or participate in politics, and politicians should not encourage them to do so..

UNLESS they're hooked up to the queer agenda?

Perfect Skysense.

Christians shouldn't be allowed to teach children or participate in politics, and politicians should not encourage them to do so..

Perfect Skysense.

They wouldn't want there to be a double standard, would they!!

Perfect Skysense.

I never said that Christians should not be allowed to teach in public school. Christian teachers should not be leading religious services in school. Churches that preach politics from the pulpit and use their churches for political activity should lose their tax exempt status.

I work in a school and many of the teachers I am fondest of are Christian. Don't let the truth interfere in your misrepresentation of my views, Allie. Keep hating me if you must. Keep lying about what I've said.

Last edited:

Perfect Skysense.

Lol..I see Sky, who claims to only give neg reps for name calling, neg repped me for this one...for allegedly lying.

So I guess you were lying when you said you only neg rep for name calling?

Lol. Liar.

Perfect Skysense.

Lol..I see Sky, who claims to only give neg reps for name calling, neg repped me for this one...for allegedly lying.

So I guess you were lying when you said you only neg rep for name calling?

Lol. Liar.

"Christians shouldn't be allowed to teach children or participate in politics, and politicians should not encourage them to do so.."

This is what you posted. I NEVER SAID THIS. IT'S A LIE.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back