Wrong time for jokes

menewa

Jun 2, 2004
Denton, Texas
At yesterday's press conference with Bush and the Iraqi PM, Bush demonstrated he does not understand the gravity of the situation in Iraq.

He was completely irreverent. He took every opportunity he could to crack a joke. He acted like he was back at the frat house.

I just think his privileged life prevents him from connecting with the reality in Iraq. He cracks jokes while Iraq is in a civil war due to his actions.

I think his behavior was disrespectful to the US Armed Forces and the Iraqis.

Did anybody else watch this? Opinions.

menewa said:
At yesterday's press conference with Bush and the Iraqi PM, Bush demonstrated he does not understand the gravity of the situation in Iraq.

He was completely irreverent. He took every opportunity he could to crack a joke. He acted like he was back at the frat house.

I just think his privileged life prevents him from connecting with the reality in Iraq. He cracks jokes while Iraq is in a civil war due to his actions.

I thought it was great, bring a little brevity to things. It not like he cracked jokes at the expense of the military. Lighten up sparky.

menewa said:

I thought it was great, bring a little brevity to things. It not like he cracked jokes at the expense of the military. Lighten up sparky.

"Well, if you really want to get one single book that will show you what it really looks like pick up one of the Army Field Manuals on injuries. It wasn't exactly banned, but a few journalists got a hold of it and they tried to make it kind of hard to get, because it's for doctors and it shows the wounds in country, like, you know, the leg gone, veins and bone hanging out, like what happens when you step on, or an IED [improvised explosive device] goes off. And then it shows the guy at Rammstein and then eight months later, as far as like, what was done reconstructive. It's for doctors, so it is high-resolution clinical shots of stuff that is pretty mind-blowingly graphic as far as injuries. I bought the book. It is the only thing I've seen where you really get a chance to see what this stuff really looks like. And it really cuts thorough all the "keeping us safe" and all this. It's just a bunch of young men, their bodies torn apart and the reconstructive surgery and that's the only time I've ever seen anything that graphic besides that Baghdad ER documentary on HBO. And I think, there is a concerted effort to keep you and me, you know, the people, away from what it really looks like, 'cause when you're selling war, when it's such a big industry, you know, the military industrial complex, you've got to keep "Johnny" signing up for this and if you look at ads for the military it looks like a kick ass video game, with like some bitchin' metal riff going and it appeals to young hormonal rage, you know, men with good cheekbones holding kick ass weapons. What they don't tell you is the rest of it and the down side of it. And so obviously there is a lot of money and a lot of time and effort being spent on that campaign "perpetual war for perpetual peace," as [the late] Gore Vidal said. Anyway, if they showed you too much of the gooey stuff then you wouldn't show up for another dose of it and so I think that's why you don't get to see bodies of American dead, that's why Bush didn't go to funerals. To his credit, he did do a lot of Walter Reed visits under the radar, which I found out by going there a lot, I go there a lot myself, they said, "Bush did come here a lot" he just didn't always talk about it, he'd make surprise visits. Which is kind of cool. It was the least he could do. But I think there is a real effort to not bring the war home too much. Why would you want to talk about it, when you want to sell the next chapter, which will be obviously leveling Tehran?"

finger.jpg

....WAR!!!

:clap2:

Last edited:
menewa said:

"Well, if you really want to get one single book that will show you what it really looks like pick up one of the Army Field Manuals on injuries. It wasn't exactly banned, but a few journalists got a hold of it and they tried to make it kind of hard to get, because it's for doctors and it shows the wounds in country, like, you know, the leg gone, veins and bone hanging out, like what happens when you step on, or an IED [improvised explosive device] goes off. And then it shows the guy at Rammstein and then eight months later, as far as like, what was done reconstructive. It's for doctors, so it is high-resolution clinical shots of stuff that is pretty mind-blowingly graphic as far as injuries. I bought the book. It is the only thing I've seen where you really get a chance to see what this stuff really looks like. And it really cuts thorough all the "keeping us safe" and all this. It's just a bunch of young men, their bodies torn apart and the reconstructive surgery and that's the only time I've ever seen anything that graphic besides that Baghdad ER documentary on HBO. And I think, there is a concerted effort to keep you and me, you know, the people, away from what it really looks like, 'cause when you're selling war, when it's such a big industry, you know, the military industrial complex, you've got to keep "Johnny" signing up for this and if you look at ads for the military it looks like a kick ass video game, with like some bitchin' metal riff going and it appeals to young hormonal rage, you know, men with good cheekbones holding kick ass weapons. What they don't tell you is the rest of it and the down side of it. And so obviously there is a lot of money and a lot of time and effort being spent on that campaign "perpetual war for perpetual peace," as [the late] Gore Vidal said. Anyway, if they showed you too much of the gooey stuff then you wouldn't show up for another dose of it and so I think that's why you don't get to see bodies of American dead, that's why Bush didn't go to funerals. To his credit, he did do a lot of Walter Reed visits under the radar, which I found out by going there a lot, I go there a lot myself, they said, "Bush did come here a lot" he just didn't always talk about it, he'd make surprise visits. Which is kind of cool. It was the least he could do. But I think there is a real effort to not bring the war home too much. Why would you want to talk about it, when you want to sell the next chapter, which will be obviously leveling Tehran?"

finger.jpg

....WAR!!!

:clap2:

Still cant get over Florida? fair and square, libtards keep on whining!

Forum List

Back