Wrong man (again) shot dead in Marijuana raid.

do they still have the no knock law? i remember the dude in dc...they broke in on him and his family...he pulled a gun and shot the cop....no knock is just crazy o btw it was the wrong house too

Bottom line, even when serving a no knock warrant LEO is required to identify themselves as they are coming through the door, or window. so there is no " I didn't know it was a cop"

Most of the time, yes.

There are cases where this does happen though, and the resident is not aware that the police are the ones breaking into the house. Happened in Atlanta here about 2-3 years ago.

Cops executed a no-knock on a residence, based on information that the "task force" fabricated, and wound up busting in, literally, on an elderly lady. The lady lived in a "bad" part of town, and had a small caliber gun by her, so she popped off a couple of shots that went waaay wide (she was thinking that hoodlums were busting in to her house, and it is unclear whether she was trying to fire shots into the ceiling to scare whoever she thought was entering). Cops killed her deader than shit. No drugs in house.

FBI investigated, task force was disbanded and a bunch of the cops went to trial. Couple of them I think are behind bars for fabricating the evidence, and then trying to doctor the scene to make it look like she was a threat to them when they fired. An acquaintance of mine was on the task force, but luckily not on this raid. He was suspended (with pay) for 2 freaking years. Just went back to work about 6 months ago.

Radio,

You probably also know of all the Robberies in ATL, that the perps (not real cops) kick in a door and yell Cops and proceed to rob, murder and rape the homeowners.

No knock warrants should be outlawed!

Bottom line, even when serving a no knock warrant LEO is required to identify themselves as they are coming through the door, or window. so there is no " I didn't know it was a cop"

Most of the time, yes.

There are cases where this does happen though, and the resident is not aware that the police are the ones breaking into the house. Happened in Atlanta here about 2-3 years ago.

Cops executed a no-knock on a residence, based on information that the "task force" fabricated, and wound up busting in, literally, on an elderly lady. The lady lived in a "bad" part of town, and had a small caliber gun by her, so she popped off a couple of shots that went waaay wide (she was thinking that hoodlums were busting in to her house, and it is unclear whether she was trying to fire shots into the ceiling to scare whoever she thought was entering). Cops killed her deader than shit. No drugs in house.

FBI investigated, task force was disbanded and a bunch of the cops went to trial. Couple of them I think are behind bars for fabricating the evidence, and then trying to doctor the scene to make it look like she was a threat to them when they fired. An acquaintance of mine was on the task force, but luckily not on this raid. He was suspended (with pay) for 2 freaking years. Just went back to work about 6 months ago.

Radio,

You probably also know of all the Robberies in ATL, that the perps (not real cops) kick in a door and yell Cops and proceed to rob, murder and rape the homeowners.

No knock warrants should be outlawed!

I've heard of them, yes.

It's a tragic case of damned if you do, damned if you don't, re: no knock warrants.

Most of the time, yes.

I would guess that one of the things they got busted for was failing to identify themselves as they came in the door/window.

:confused:

W T F ????

You are a class A moron
Keepers at NYC's Bronx Zoo have installed plexiglas barriers beyond the bars of some cages in the primate exhibit because the monkeys there are known to shit in their hands and throw it when something upsets them. The monkeys do this when they are frustrated because all that a monkey in a cage can do when he doesn't like something is throw shit.

Ignorance and stupidity are metaphorical cages. Personal insults and empty ad hominem comments are analogous to handfuls of shit to be tossed out in place of intelligent, reasoned, logical arguments.

Most of the time, yes.

I would guess that one of the things they got busted for was failing to identify themselves as they came in the door/window.

From what I was able to find, no, that was not one of the things they were busted on.

Most likely is that they did identify themselves, but an old lady, confused as to what was going on, didn't understand, and all she knew was that people were invading her home.

W T F ????

You are a class A moron
Keepers at NYC's Bronx Zoo have installed plexiglas barriers beyond the bars of some cages in the primate exhibit because the monkeys there are known to shit in their hands and throw it when something upsets them. The monkeys do this when they are frustrated because all that a monkey in a cage can do when he doesn't like something is throw shit.

Ignorance and stupidity are metaphorical cages. Personal insults and empty ad hominem comments are analogous to handfuls of shit to be tossed out in place of intelligent, reasoned, logical arguments.

So thats what your problem is?

Most of the time, yes.

From what I was able to find, no, that was not one of the things they were busted on.

Most likely is that they did identify themselves, but an old lady, confused as to what was going on, didn't understand, and all she knew was that people were invading her home.

In my ten years doing that type work, we did occasionally end up at the wrong house. It happens and it isn't always someone in the field's fault. A typo in the DA's office, numbers transposed somewhere along the line. It happens. There isn't anyway to eliminate the issue. And in my experience , LEO show great restraint, for the most part. But I guess Mike would kill anyone opposed to drugs if he could.

In my ten years doing that type work, we did occasionally end up at the wrong house. It happens and it isn't always someone in the field's fault. A typo in the DA's office, numbers transposed somewhere along the line. It happens. There isn't anyway to eliminate the issue. And in my experience , LEO show great restraint, for the most part.

From the investigation, it seems that these LEO's were seriously fucked up. More interested in padding their stats to justify their existence. Which is where the warrant under false pretenses comes from, and the planting of "evidence" at the scene.

You're right, in that they do show restraint IMO most times. But when they go off the reservation, they go WAAAAAY off and seriously fuck things up and hurt innocent people.

In my ten years doing that type work, we did occasionally end up at the wrong house. It happens and it isn't always someone in the field's fault. A typo in the DA's office, numbers transposed somewhere along the line. It happens. There isn't anyway to eliminate the issue. And in my experience , LEO show great restraint, for the most part.

From the investigation, it seems that these LEO's were seriously fucked up. More interested in padding their stats to justify their existence. Which is where the warrant under false pretenses comes from, and the planting of "evidence" at the scene.

You're right, in that they do show restraint IMO most times. But when they go off the reservation, they go WAAAAAY off and seriously fuck things up and hurt innocent people.

No doubt , corrupt LEO can cause a lot of heart ache, that in noway means that Mike has a right to shoot them in the head though of course.

W T F ????

You are a class A moron

Calling for Con Hog's head to be blown off is an intelligent, reasoned, logical argument?:cuckoo:

Seriously, lay off the bong son......Moderation is the key!

Oh, and if you hate cops so much, call a fucking crack addict, or one of your stoned frat buddies to help ya' when your stupid ass is in trouble.

Hopefully more narcs will get shot more accurately. Sucking off big gov tit to kill some kid smoking pot makes the ghestapo look gingerly.

No doubt , corrupt LEO can cause a lot of heart ache, that in noway means that Mike has a right to shoot them in the head though of course.

Of course.

Hopefully more narcs will get shot more accurately. Sucking off big gov tit to kill some kid smoking pot makes the ghestapo look gingerly.

How in the hell do you have a pos rep of 11? Who can even read what you write?

Cops shot a lot of beer drinkers during prohibition. Back then like Noe our best and brightest aren't cops.

Cops shot a lot of beer drinkers during prohibition. Back then like Noe our best and brightest aren't cops.
Well then, if that were actually the case, maybe you should become a cop ya' fuckin' idiot!

One of these days, and i'm in no way going to Vegas and betting on it, you'll actually add something intelligent to a discussion.....Up to this point, we've seen nothing but abject stupidity flow through your keyboard, lil' man!

Speaking as someone who did this for a living. I can tell you that people are nuts. You go in the house yelling DEA DEA and they pop up wwith knives, guns, sic dogs on you, whatever.

One time we were serving a warrant on a farmhouse and the people had dug a giant pit filled it with snaked and covered it with a tarp and foilage hoping that someone would fall in it, luckily no one did.

I got shot at once by a neighbor who claims he thought I was a criminal trying to break into his neighbors house. Hint I was wearing cammo with a blue judicial drug task force windbreaker on.

A friend of mine was stabbed by a 12 y/o who's daddy taught him to hate cops.

Bottom line, even when serving a no knock warrant LEO is required to identify themselves as they are coming through the door, or window. so there is no " I didn't know it was a cop" and there are plenty of instances of people killing LEO. So even though some of yall would be happy with cops being killed, too bad they do have the right to protect themselves.

Busting down people's doors is not a good idea. You may as well yell "shoot me I'm stupid." When people are spooked their reflex action is to defend themselves. If people do not have time to think things out you can get your dumb ass shot up.

So, when issuing a no knock warrant at 3:00 am, breaking the door down, shooting all the pets as a precaution, and expecting the sleeping residents to be coherent enough obey your supreme authority without question is the way you guys roll huh? I mean, this is assuming you even pick the right house and don't shoot someone brandishing a gun who doesn't know what the hell is going on because some pig just threw a flash bang in his face. Hey, but as long as the police are safe that's what is most important, LOL.

The public that you're supposed to be protecting hasn't got room for your stupid mistakes or your paranoid overreactions because they'll only end up dead while you get a paid vacation only to eventually be cleared of any wrong doing. That is the way the ball rolls almost every time. So spare us the pitty party. Nobody made you sign up.

In my ten years doing that type work, we did occasionally end up at the wrong house. It happens and it isn't always someone in the field's fault. A typo in the DA's office, numbers transposed somewhere along the line. It happens. There isn't anyway to eliminate the issue. And in my experience , LEO show great restraint, for the most part. But I guess Mike would kill anyone opposed to drugs if he could.
Not quite.

Lots of people are opposed to drugs for any number of reasons, some of which are valid and some of which are either ignorant or simply stupid. I usually try to educate the ignorant ones but I ignore the stupid ones because they are hopeless. And I might agree with those who have valid reasons for opposing some drugs. But when it comes to killing in relation to the drug war I harbor the following orientation.

1) The law allows me to possess firearms for the specific purpose of defending my home against forceful invasion.

2) I am not a criminal. I harm no one, I do nothing nor do I possess anything which is categorically felonious, therefore there is no reason for anyone to be breaking down my door and I have good cause not to expect any such invasion.

3) I strongly suggest that you and your colleague home invaders take whatever steps are necessary to make goddam sure you are kicking down the right doors. Because if you kick down the wrong door, which happens to belong to some law abiding citizen who happens to be in a position to blow your head off your shoulders, the fault is your own and you deserve what you get.

So if you want to play a stupidly dangerous game, don't complain when it doesn't work out the way you think it should.

Deaths from Police officers raiding people who kill Marijuana: 1 (At least)

Deaths from directly using Marijuana: 0
Deaths from people smoking pot, going insane, and killing people?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Y5w3ukvxQ]YouTube - ‪Reefer Madness Kill Ralph‬‎[/ame]

Forum List

Back