Wrong History - What surprises you?

The only Leninists and Marxists in this country are those who worship John and Groucho.

There are no American commies like Vladmir or Josef or bripat.

The far right fascists, such as Rik, who are big government progressives trying to instill their principles by government fiat and force, are the far right reactionaries.

Last edited:
What are the most common errors that people make when talking about history with you?

Here are a few of mine.

-They don't know that the Soviet Union was allies with the US during WWII.

-They say that the South didn't really care about slavery. They just wanted states rights.

-They are completely ignorant of the fact that Democrats and Republicans realigned their parties over the Civil Rights Act (or issue in general, if you prefer).

The following:

People that are still arguing against Edward Gibbon and those that still think he is the best source.

People that think Stuart Lake is an excellent source.

People that think that there was a more moral time period in history.

People that think that the atomic bombing of Japan was necessary.

More on the Big Lie of the Southern Strategy. Facts, awful inconvenient facts getting in the way of a great liberal narrative. Damn these facts:

The Democratic Party controlled the Legislature and most political offices in West Virginia since the Great Depression. Occasionally a Republican governor gets in, but is frustrated by the trial lawyer-loving, union-friendly, business-hating, rent-seeking, corrupt and incompetent legislative branch. Slowly the state has in this century shaken off the Democrats and on Tuesday voters wiped out House Democrats, flipping 16 seats for a 63-37 Republican House of Delegates. The state Senate wound up split 17-17. I wrote about that yesterday.

Last night, the other shoe hit the floor. State Senator Daniel Hall from deep blue Wyoming County flipped parties. Republicans will control the state Senate as well, come January -- barring any more drama. They can thank a Democrat who drank and drove for this sudden change of events.

You see, West Virginia is the last of the Confederacy (which it left in 1863) to flip Republican at least one house in its legislature. The other 11 states were Democratic going further, all the way back to Reconstruction.

Tennessee's House did it in 1968, but flipped back in 1970 and stayed that way until 2008. The other House flips: North Carolina in 1994, South Carolina and Florida in 1996, Virginia in 2000, Texas in 2003, Georgia in 2005, Louisiana in 2008, Alabama in 2010, and Arkansas and Mississippi in 2012.

The notion that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 turned the South Republican is a lie. Democrats kept power in those states for 40 years or more in most cases, which retarded economic growth.​

More on the Big Lie of the Southern Strategy. Facts, awful inconvenient facts getting in the way of a great liberal narrative. Damn these facts:

The Democratic Party controlled the Legislature and most political offices in West Virginia since the Great Depression. Occasionally a Republican governor gets in, but is frustrated by the trial lawyer-loving, union-friendly, business-hating, rent-seeking, corrupt and incompetent legislative branch. Slowly the state has in this century shaken off the Democrats and on Tuesday voters wiped out House Democrats, flipping 16 seats for a 63-37 Republican House of Delegates. The state Senate wound up split 17-17. I wrote about that yesterday.

Last night, the other shoe hit the floor. State Senator Daniel Hall from deep blue Wyoming County flipped parties. Republicans will control the state Senate as well, come January -- barring any more drama. They can thank a Democrat who drank and drove for this sudden change of events.

You see, West Virginia is the last of the Confederacy (which it left in 1863) to flip Republican at least one house in its legislature. The other 11 states were Democratic going further, all the way back to Reconstruction.

Tennessee's House did it in 1968, but flipped back in 1970 and stayed that way until 2008. The other House flips: North Carolina in 1994, South Carolina and Florida in 1996, Virginia in 2000, Texas in 2003, Georgia in 2005, Louisiana in 2008, Alabama in 2010, and Arkansas and Mississippi in 2012.

The notion that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 turned the South Republican is a lie. Democrats kept power in those states for 40 years or more in most cases, which retarded economic growth.​

The Democratic party is dying in the south among white Southerner. I am the last Democrat in my family.

The Democratic party is dying in the south among white Southerner. I am the last Democrat in my family.

It's dying everywhere whites live and vote, the South is just the canary in the coal mine. Democrats don't offer anything to white Americans, they just harm the interests of whites.

Forum List

Back