Writing From The Left

when did caring about our neighbors with compassion and generosity, which lacks judgment and negativity, stop being an american value?

Poverty rates?

"His policies worked spectacularly! The Reagan recovery started officially in November of 1982 and lasted 92 months without any more than a shallow, short recession, until July 1990, when tax increases of the ’92 budget deal killed it."
Robert Bartley, “The Seven Fat Years,” p. 135, 144.

"This was a new record for the longest peacetime expansion, the previous being 58 months. During this seven year recovery, the economy grew by nearly one third.
The poverty rate, which had started to rise under Carter, declined every year from 1984 to 1989, dropping by one sixth from its peak." The Reagan Information Page:poverty Rates

Egads PC, I thought you were old enough to remember the Reagan years? I give Reagan credit for raising taxes over and over again, and yet his voodoo economy failed as "It's the economy, Stupid," demonstrates. If your revisionist nonsense, from an obvious idiot, were correct you'd only have to recall that phrase to know he is full of shit. Come on you PC, you can do better, I'm looking for just a little commonsense and knowledge from you, but you seem to be slipping. Get out of the bubble, the air there is too stagnant for a healthy mind.

"Another major success of the Clinton years is the drop in poverty. Poverty dropped 3.8% under Mr. Clinton and 1% under Mr. Reagan (beginning term to ending term). Average poverty was 13.28% under Mr. Clinton and 15.82% under Mr. Reagan or 2.54% lower under Mr. Clinton on average (15.82-13.28=2.54). However, it should be noted the recession caused poverty to spike up 1.2% in years two and three (1982 and 1983) under Mr. Reagan."

rvc_pov.gif

"Unemployment declined on average for both presidents. The spike in years 1-3 are a result of a very severe recession. Mr. Reagan presided over the highest unemployment rate since 1941 in 1982 and 1983. Unemployment peaked in 1982 but remained historically high throughout his presidency. Average unemployment under Mr. Reagan was 7.54% and 5.20% under Mr. Clinton. Mr. Clinton gave us the lowest unemployment rate in 30 years." RVC--Graphs

"....there's a growing realization that the starting point for many of the catastrophes confronting the United States today can be traced to Reagan's presidency. There's also a grudging reassessment that the "failed"- presidents of the 1970s--Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter--may deserve more credit for trying to grapple with the problems that now beset the country." OpEdNews - Article: Ronald Reagan: Worst President Ever?

Egads PC, I thought you were old enough to remember the Reagan years? I give Reagan credit for raising taxes over and over again, and yet his voodoo economy failed as "It's the economy, Stupid," demonstrates. If your revisionist nonsense, from an obvious idiot, were correct you'd only have to recall that phrase to know he is full of shit. Come on you PC, you can do better, I'm looking for just a little commonsense and knowledge from you, but you seem to be slipping. Get out of the bubble, the air there is too stagnant for a healthy mind.

"Another major success of the Clinton years is the drop in poverty. Poverty dropped 3.8% under Mr. Clinton and 1% under Mr. Reagan (beginning term to ending term). Average poverty was 13.28% under Mr. Clinton and 15.82% under Mr. Reagan or 2.54% lower under Mr. Clinton on average (15.82-13.28=2.54). However, it should be noted the recession caused poverty to spike up 1.2% in years two and three (1982 and 1983) under Mr. Reagan."

rvc_pov.gif

"Unemployment declined on average for both presidents. The spike in years 1-3 are a result of a very severe recession. Mr. Reagan presided over the highest unemployment rate since 1941 in 1982 and 1983. Unemployment peaked in 1982 but remained historically high throughout his presidency. Average unemployment under Mr. Reagan was 7.54% and 5.20% under Mr. Clinton. Mr. Clinton gave us the lowest unemployment rate in 30 years." RVC--Graphs

"....there's a growing realization that the starting point for many of the catastrophes confronting the United States today can be traced to Reagan's presidency. There's also a grudging reassessment that the "failed"- presidents of the 1970s--Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter--may deserve more credit for trying to grapple with the problems that now beset the country." OpEdNews - Article: Ronald Reagan: Worst President Ever?

"...his voodoo economy failed....

I love proving how impervious you Lefties are to facts and data. Another round? Sure.

1. The benefits from Reaganomics:
a. The economy grew at a 3.4% average rate…compared with 2.9% for the previous eight years, and 2.7% for the next eight.(Table B-4)
b. Inflation rate dropped from 12.5% to 4.4%. (Table B-63)
c. Unemployment fell to 5.5% from 7.1% (Table B-35)
d. Prime interest rate fell by one-third.(Table B-73)
e. The S & P 500 jumped 124% (Table B-95) FDsys - Browse ERP
f. Charitable contributions rose 57% faster than inflation. Dinesh D’Souza, “Ronald Reagan: How an Ordinary May Became an Extraordinary Leader,” p. 116

A little more?

2. Let’s be clear: the broadest and most accurate measure of living standard is real per capita consumption. That measure soared by 74% from 1980 to 2004. The Equality Of Reaganomics - Forbes
U.S. Department of Commerce. Bureau of Economic Analysis

a. A study of table 7.1 would show that between 1973 and 2004, it doubled. And between 1929 and 2004, real per capita consumption by American workers increased five fold. The fastest growth periods were 1983-1990 and 1992-2004, known as the Reagan boom.
see Ferrara, "America's Ticking Bankruptcy Bomb."

"...his voodoo economy failed..."
Pretty funny, huh?

Poor middy.....blinded by ideology.

And, hey...even if I wasn't old enough to know the Reagan years, I'm
a pretty good reader.

I wrote this earlier:

Not facts, nor data, nor experience, nor rational debate will convince individuals such as you....

Explaining to a Liberal is like trying to tell a devout Muslim that Al-Buraq didn't carry the prophet Muhammad from Mecca to Jerusalem and back during the Isra and Mi'raj or "Night Journey."

Shoe fit, middy?
Wadda ya' think?

Forum List

Back