Wreckonciliation

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
wre.jpg

Some cold water thrown on the cramdown, ram-through, promise-we’ll-amend-it-later plans of the Democrat ruling majority. Curses, foiled again:
RollCall.com

What now? With the Slaughter solution toast, Philip Klein reports on the House Dems’ next move coming Monday:
Rep. Paul Ryan says that Democrats are ready to ram a “shell” health care bill through the Budget Committee, on which he serves as ranking Republican member, to use as a vehicle to impose national health care.

In a phone interview with TAS Thursday afternoon, Ryan said that he expects Democrats to begin the complex process on Monday, under which they would have the Budget Committee approve a phantom bill by midnight, which they will then send over to the Rules Committee. At that point, the Rules Committee will strip out all of the language in the phantom bill, and insert the changes to the Senate bill that Democrats have negotiated.

“They don’t have the votes right now, but they’re creating the vehicle so that they can airdrop in whatever changes they want,” Ryan said.

The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : Ryan: Dems Ramming "Shell" HC Bill Through Committee Monday
Michelle Malkin A wrench in Dems’ Wreckonciliation plans, but…

I saw that and have to wonder what a "phantom bill" is.
I also wonder why they can't just pass a "phantom bill" with "phantom votes", or is there too much "phantom opposition"?

maybe next election we should just elect a "phantom congress", I maintain it would be much better for our country than the current crop of pretend leaders.......

OH

It is time for Joe Biden to overrule the parliamentarian.

So it is really a Detour folks. Don't look!! You are not suppose to know until AFTER you pass it!!

Lots of smoke and mirrors......but if they manage to get the Senate version passed during all this hoopla.....it's all over folks....Obama will take it, sign it, and run...and there will not be another peep from him about health care...

Last edited:
Even if they were somehow able to smuggle this thing through Congress, the States are already lining up to fight them on it. Virginia's legislature has already passed a bill that says that Washington can't lay an individual mandate on Virginia citizens. Thirty-four other states have similar measures in the works.
washingtonpost.com

Obama, of course, in his infinite... um... wisdom, has conveniently pissed off the Supreme Court, not once but twice. :lol:
They'll be lucky if they don't get Medicare/Medicaid and Social Security overturned in their haste to socialize our healthcare system.

It will never pass with tricks.

Its time the Dems faced reality, if they really want reform, it has to be done correctly from the start, and the first step is to burn all 2,000+ pages of 'Barrycare.'

Even if they were somehow able to smuggle this thing through Congress, the States are already lining up to fight them on it. Virginia's legislature has already passed a bill that says that Washington can't lay an individual mandate on Virginia citizens. Thirty-four other states have similar measures in the works.
washingtonpost.com

Obama, of course, in his infinite... um... wisdom, has conveniently pissed off the Supreme Court, not once but twice. :lol:
They'll be lucky if they don't get Medicare/Medicaid and Social Security overturned in their haste to socialize our healthcare system.

Good for Virginia. I hope that every other state does the same. I just can't believe that we have the United States federal government trying to require private citizens to buy a product just simply for being alive.

Its time the Dems faced reality, if they really want reform, it has to be done correctly from the start, and the first step is to burn all 2,000+ pages of 'Barrycare.'

It cannot be done correctly.
Too many lobbyist and political irons in the fire for our govt to actually concentrate on what is best for us.

Our politicorp govt is impotent as far as being for the people goes.

washingtonpost.com

Wouldn't that just be a hoot.

I wonder how much money we would save if there were no Medicare/Medicaide, SS. If folks actually had to take care of themselves??

If it were up to me I would give everyone back every dime they have in invested in Medicare and SS and lets just see what would happen.

Gee all those folks that sorta forgot to get a job would have to assume responsibility for THEIR kids. They would have to buy their food and pay the rent with THEIR own money. They would have to pay for the doctor and the dentist for THEIR kids.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone had to take care of their own responsibilities and not have the taxpayers of America do it for them??

Last edited:
[

Wouldn't that just be a hoot.

I wonder how much money we would save if there were no Medicare/Medicaide, SS. If folks actually had to take care of themselves??

If it were up to me I would give everyone back every dime they have in invested in Medicare and SS and lets just see what would happen.

Gee all those folks that sorta forgot to get a job would have to assume responsibility for THEIR kids. They would have to buy their food and pay the rent with THEIR own money. They would have to pay for the doctor and the dentist for THEIR kids.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone had to take care of their own responsibilities and not have the taxpayers of America do it for them??

These entitlement programs already take up about two-thirds of the federal budget. They're unsustainable in their current form.

If Obamacare is passed, there's no telling what Constitutional challenges it will face or what questions those challenges will encompass. The only thing certain is that it WILL be challenged.

Social welfare is NOT among the 17 enumerated powers authorized to Congress under the Constitution. I doubt FDR could have got Social Security past SCOTUS without his threats to pack the court, and all this other social spending is pretty much based on that ruling. It'll be interesting to see if that decision still stands the scrutiny when it's picked apart to the degree that it will no doubt be picked apart.

None of the Cons complained when their party pushed through Bush's tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, using reconciliation.

One of the purposes of Reconciliation is to adjust tax rates (the other to adjust spending). There was nothing wrong with using it in the instance you cite. Perhaps you should read up on it before jumping to the conclusion that it is wrong in all instances.

Tell that to Nancy and Harry...
Why?

They know it also.

That is why Nan said no vote by the 18th.

Even now, teh dems are again making backroom deals to get votes, the very thing that made this bill hated.

It will be the fast repealed in US history, if the Dems pass it they might just give the GoP a veto proof majority in both houses.

None of the Cons complained when their party pushed through Bush's tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, using reconciliation.

I am conservative in some ways, but have never been a republican, still I
voiced my opposition to the 'bush tax cuts' you speak of, and some of my republican friends did as well.

What purpose does it serve to paint everyone who opposes the use of reconcilaition with such a broad brush?

I disagree. They know what we need better than we know what we need (at least they think they do) and they are bound and determined to force you to get what you do not want or need even if they have to shove it down our throats.

This will pass and our asses will be very sore when they complete it.

Immie

Forum List

Back