Wrecking a Nation

Here's how the economic and political system of a nation is destroyed.

Every price increase of just a dime per gallon of gasoline at the pump extracts approximately $5 billion from the pockets of U.S. consumers over the course of a year.

On top of killing family budgets, with a dollar per gallon jump at the pumps picking our pockets of $50 billion per year, there is on the macro level an inverse relationship between the price of oil and the overall health of the economy -- oil price hikes deliver less job growth, less demand for labor, more unemployment, more poverty, more inequality, more inflation, lower real income increases, and smaller advances in the standard of living.

Additionally, higher oil prices directly cause greater amounts of U.S. capital to be exported, both to pay the higher prices and to pay for the growing levels of imported oil.

In 1985, the U.S. imported 25 percent of its oil usage. Today, it's 61 percent. And still we are placing restrictions on increases in domestic production, both for oil and other sources of energy.

A few days back, President Obama, rather than sticking around a couple hours to explain to the American people or to the U.S. Congress why we were going to war in Libya, flew off to Brazil to hand out a permit to allow deep sea oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico to Brazil's state-run oil company, Petrobras. Capitalist companies in America need not apply.

This particular foreign deal was an especially snug and nostalgic fit for Obama. Brazilian president Dilma Rousseff is somewhat of a Latin form of Obama's old Weather Underground chum Bernardine Dohrn.

The American Spectator : Wrecking a Nation

Around here gas prices today were from 3.69-$3.97. I noticed while my daughter was driving to Home Depot and Lowe's to get some stuff to fix up my home to sell. Why sell? Well I can't afford to keep it, coming up on 1 year out of work, no insurance. I'm lucky to substitute, but summer is coming and I know I can't keep up. So, tomorrow I fill up at one of the least expensive around these parts, park it in garage, and start setting the stage.

National Avg: 3.58 IL Avg: 3.72

Very sorry to hear that Annie.

What a novel idea....why didn't we think of that? :eusa_whistle:

They actually own their own oil and do not sell it for less than peanuts to multinationals like we do with ours.

Some of you just don't get it. There is NO incentive to make oil cheaper delivered to the refinery because they make a percentage of what they sell. The profit on $4 a gallon gas is four times what it would be at $1 a gallon gas with NO difference in the costs of delivery.

It's a scam you halfwits...pure and simple.

All this psyco babble doesn't make the price of a gallon of gas more than 15 cents in Venezuela today. It isn't supply morons. It is production at the refinery. They produce more than they need to. THAT keeps the ability to price VERY low. All of our price pressure is demand based and phony demand at that what with all of the "unexpected" refinery problems and maintenance. Ya my grandfather built and owned a refinery...I know a little about it. There are NO surprises in a well run refinery including maintenance.

Fuck..Never mind you people are to stupid to talk to. I'm getting a head ache.

Here's the other funny thing. They complain about prices but do everything they can to raise consumption.

They go out and by SUVs, big trucks, Hummers..and other gas guzzlers. THEN they complain about prices going up.

Hilarious.:lol:

And we have SCADS of oil on our own...why does Obama continue to tell us we can't drill?

Precisely to affect behaviour so they WON'T buy the big SUV's...and by some shitty Prius or Chevy VOLT from Government Motors.

It's Control shithead. You like Gubmint telling you or shaping events that make you do what you don't want to?

Every price increase of just a dime per gallon of gasoline at the pump extracts approximately $5 billion from the pockets of U.S. consumers over the course of a year.
What.....you got something against Capitali$m?????

:eusa_eh:

tricycle.gif

PDVSA

Because they have the OIL and Drill, Baby, DRILL?

They actually own their own oil and do not sell it for less than peanuts to multinationals like we do with ours.

Some of you just don't get it. There is NO incentive to make oil cheaper delivered to the refinery because they make a percentage of what they sell. The profit on $4 a gallon gas is four times what it would be at $1 a gallon gas with NO difference in the costs of delivery.

All this psyco babble doesn't make the price of a gallon of gas more than 15 cents in Venezuela today. It isn't supply morons. It is production at the refinery. They produce more than they need to. THAT keeps the ability to price VERY low. All of our price pressure is demand based and phony demand at that what with all of the "unexpected" refinery problems and maintenance. Ya my grandfather built and owned a refinery...I know a little about it. There are NO surprises in a well run refinery including maintenance.

Your giving me a headache with your arrogance and name calling.
Calling people stupid from someone who has poor spelling skills as you, I find laughable, Huggy. :lol:

Calling people stupid from someone who has poor spelling skills as you I find laughable, Huggy. :lol:

No one is perfect. I've never pos repped someone with a dumb ass rude ass comment and then removed it either. Nice touch ass wipe. Good use of your mod access.

Calling people stupid from someone who has poor spelling skills as you I find laughable, Huggy. :lol:

No one is perfect. I've never pos repped someone with a dumb ass rude ass comment and then removed it either. Nice touch ass wipe. Good use of your mod access.

And SOME DAY Gunny might see fit to pick...

:lol:

See, your not so bright....no mod access...moron, just have to do it in a timely manner....try it sometime. At least you looked at what I said. :lol:

See, your not so bright....no mod access...moron, just have to do it in a timely manner....try it sometime. At least you looked at what I said. :lol:

First I would have to neg rep someone but that is for pussies. You know how that is don't you. Did you pee on yourself at the same time? :lol: :lol: When I rep somebody I do it for a reason and I don't make mistakes. Don't like my spelling? Fix it then bitch. I could use a secretary around here. Make yourself useful. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

First I would have to neg rep someone but that is for pussies. You know how that is don't you. Did you pee on yourself at the same time? :lol: :lol: When I rep somebody I do it for a reason and I don't make mistakes. Don't like my spelling? Fix it then bitch. I could use a secretary around here. Make yourself useful. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Typical liberal....always wants someone to do it for them. :lol:
May I be so bold as to suggest you go back to school and learn how to spell at an 8th grade level?

Typical liberal....always wants someone to do it for them. :lol:
May I be so bold as to suggest you go back to school and learn how to spell at an 8th grade level?

Nope!.. not a lib...Just trying to be arrogant as you like it! :lol::lol: More pos reps please!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's the other funny thing. They complain about prices but do everything they can to raise consumption.

They go out and by SUVs, big trucks, Hummers..and other gas guzzlers. THEN they complain about prices going up.

so how is your Smart Car holding up Sallow?....im serious.....

On top of killing family budgets, with a dollar per gallon jump at the pumps picking our pockets of $50 billion per year, there is on the macro level an inverse relationship between the price of oil and the overall health of the economy -- oil price hikes deliver less job growth, less demand for labor, more unemployment, more poverty, more inequality, more inflation, lower real income increases, and smaller advances in the standard of living.

Additionally, higher oil prices directly cause greater amounts of U.S. capital to be exported, both to pay the higher prices and to pay for the growing levels of imported oil.

In 1985, the U.S. imported 25 percent of its oil usage. Today, it's 61 percent. And still we are placing restrictions on increases in domestic production, both for oil and other sources of energy.

A few days back, President Obama, rather than sticking around a couple hours to explain to the American people or to the U.S. Congress why we were going to war in Libya, flew off to Brazil to hand out a permit to allow deep sea oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico to Brazil's state-run oil company, Petrobras. Capitalist companies in America need not apply.

This particular foreign deal was an especially snug and nostalgic fit for Obama. Brazilian president Dilma Rousseff is somewhat of a Latin form of Obama's old Weather Underground chum Bernardine Dohrn.

The American Spectator : Wrecking a Nation

Around here gas prices today were from 3.69-$3.97. I noticed while my daughter was driving to Home Depot and Lowe's to get some stuff to fix up my home to sell. Why sell? Well I can't afford to keep it, coming up on 1 year out of work, no insurance. I'm lucky to substitute, but summer is coming and I know I can't keep up. So, tomorrow I fill up at one of the least expensive around these parts, park it in garage, and start setting the stage.

National Avg: 3.58 IL Avg: 3.72
shit i paid 3.93 for regular yesterday.....who should i thank?.....:eusa_eh:

And we have SCADS of oil on our own...why does Obama continue to tell us we can't drill?

Precisely to affect behaviour so they WON'T buy the big SUV's...and by some shitty Prius or Chevy VOLT from Government Motors.

It's Control shithead. You like Gubmint telling you or shaping events that make you do what you don't want to?
On the contrary, Obama announced today 7 new permits for deep water drilling. Granting permits without any plan for dealing with spills, as was done prior to the BP spill was irresponsible. As I recall the administration took quite a bit heat over this.

Since oil is traded on an international market, additional wells in the gulf will make little difference in the price of gas.

Forum List

Back