Wreckage of Hawaii tour helicopter carrying 7 has been found, officials say

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
The wreckage of a Hawaii tour helicopter carrying seven people that went missing Thursday evening has been found, and crews are continuing to search for possible survivors, officials said.

The helicopter was found about 9:30 a.m. Friday in a mountainous area on the east side of the island of Kauai, authorities said. A pilot and six passengers, including two children, were on board.

Authorities said in a news release that they were sending additional resources to search for survivors.
Wreckage of Hawaii tour helicopter carrying 7 has been found, officials say

I wonder if any of them are alive.

Oh Dear goodness! I hope they are still alive!!!
-------------------------------
I won a trip to Hawaii at my job, Matt and I took a tourist helicopter ride one of the days, over Haleakala, a volcano, in Maui...

IT IS THE MOST scariest, unnatural thing I have ever done in my life!!! We both became closer to our creator during that ride... :eek: and thought we were destined to die, in that sucker! We got on our knees and kissed the ground after we landed and got off, thanking the good lord that we were still alive! :lol:

It's a really weird feeling, that's just not right... idling, at a standstill, or moving 10,000 feet directly up in the air, over the ground...

in an airplane, ones mind can handle it, can reason the propulsion in a forward movement with wings and a tail can move you forward thru the sky....

but this helicopter thing.... my mind could not reason through it, or the feelings of lift and decent with little forward movement was just plain wrong.. no other way to put it

A week after we got home, there was a tourist helicopter crash that killed 7... that sealed the deal, we would never, ever, ever do that again!

You don't see many civilian helicopter crashes these days. I hope it wasn't sabotage.
In Hawaii there have been a few-
Third helicopter crash in 2019
The incident is the third helicopter crash in Hawaii so far this year.

In April, a helicopter went down on a busy Kailua street, killing all three people onboard.

That same month, a state-contracted helicopter crashed in Sacred Falls Valley on Oahu’s North Shore. Four people in the craft escaped injury.

Other recent incidents include:

Wreckage of missing tour helicopter found on Kauai; all 7 onboard feared dead

So, there may not be any survivors at all.

I won a trip to Hawaii at my job, Matt and I took a tourist helicopter ride one of the days, over Haleakala, a volcano, in Maui...

IT IS THE MOST scariest, unnatural thing I have ever done in my life!!! We both became closer to our creator during that ride... :eek: and thought we were destined to die, in that sucker! We got on our knees and kissed the ground after we landed and got off, thanking the good lord that we were still alive! :lol:

It's a really weird feeling, that's just not right... idling, at a standstill, or moving 10,000 feet directly up in the air, over the ground...

in an airplane, ones mind can handle it, can reason the propulsion in a forward movement with wings and a tail can move you forward thru the sky....

but this helicopter thing.... my mind could not reason through it, or the feelings of lift and decent with little forward movement was just plain wrong.. no other way to put it

A week after we got home, there was a tourist helicopter crash that killed 7... that sealed the deal, we would never, ever, ever do that again!
Wow, Care, that had to be threatening. Thank God you are safe. I am praying for those who crashed. Your intuition was right. It was dangerous!

You don't see many civilian helicopter crashes these days. I hope it wasn't sabotage.

In April, a helicopter went down on a busy Kailua street, killing all three people onboard.

That same month, a state-contracted helicopter crashed in Sacred Falls Valley on Oahu’s North Shore. Four people in the craft escaped injury.

WOW! You would think that the Transportation people would stop this.

Holy cow. That had to be crazy.

Same thing when that tour boat got too close to the lava flow. Heard from other operators that tour company was known for being reckless yet nothing was ever done about it.

Same thing when that tour boat got too close to the lava flow. Heard from other operators that tour company was known for being reckless yet nothing was ever done about it.
Hawaii has to do something about that.

Wow, Care, that had to be threatening. Thank God you are safe. I am praying for those who crashed. Your intuition was right. It was dangerous!
It is just a really strange feeling, not just the intuition of something being 'not right', but a feeling of simply floating in the air, looking down on earth, 10,000 feet below, waiting for some uneasy ledge you feel like you are sitting on, be pulled out from underneath you, then a free fall to your death! :eek:

:lol: we both can laugh at it now...but back then, it was a real scare, for both of us not just little ole me!

Hawaii has to do something about that.
LOL ya lets cut off a perfectly safe business cause they had a few accidents, tell ya what sparky get a list of all the helicopters flown in Hawaii in a year and then tell us what 3 crashes out of that total amounts too. Sure an accident is devastating for those involved but statistically speaking it is a nothing burger. You are part of the problem, I bet you think 10000 murders a year out of 320 million is a real problem too. Of course you ignore the fact that about 80 percent of those murdered were criminals fighting other criminals and you ignore the fact that over 600 million firearms are in private hands do the math on that I will even let you pretend every murder was with only one forearm.

Stop what? Helicopters from crashing? I'm sure if they could they would.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back