Wrap up of Coons lies from last night's debate

Revere

Rookie
Jan 23, 2010
Watching you in my profile page
Hat tip to Riehl World View.

Riehl World View: Coons Lied Repeatedly In Debate With O'Donnell

Coons Lied Repeatedly In Debate With O'Donnell
First, one of the most ironic bits of information I found when researching behind last night's debate, was that Coon's original family filed bankruptcy and lost their home. Funny that all the critics of O'Donnell's personal finances have never mentioned that.

His parents were forced to declare bankruptcy and sell their home in the mid-1970s after his father, a food industry executive, fell on hard times. His parents later divorced.

His Mother later remarried into money. If we're going to use the same standard the media applies to Christine O'Donnell, perhaps we should assume the money was the only reason she remarried in the first place. Coons also bragged about his private industry experience - which is limited to his having worked for his stepfather at W. L Gore.

Coons lied when O'Donnell confronted him on how his family stands to profit from Cap and Trade, which will increase the need for newer technologies in the alternative energy area.

O'DONNELL: I'd like to know if your family business stands to have a financial gain if Cap and Trade is passed and if so, would you recuse yourself in the lame duck sessions from voting with Harry Reid?

COONS: Fascinating question. No, to the best of my knowledge there is no direct financial benefit. And I do think it's important for folks in public office to conduct themselves ethically, to be transparent and to be accountable for decisions they make and for votes that they cast.

All one need do is check the website of Gore/Coons' family firm. See here for much more.

Gore solutions are at the forefront of technical advancement in the energy-production industry. Products include filtration devices for demanding trash-to-steam energy production, membranes and electrodes for energy storage in batteries and capacitors, sensors for non-invasive geochemical hydrocarbon prospecting and membranes for superior fuel cell performance.

Finally, he also lied about his adoption of a Marxist ideology.

BLITZER: Because a lot of people remember, because they've learned in last few weeks you did once describe yourself when you were in college a long time ago as a bearded Marxist.

COONS: Great question, Wolf. I hope folks will go and read the article. It’s an article that I wrote as a senior the day of our commencement speech and the title and the content of that clearly makes it obvious that it was a joke.

Go read it, I posted it weeks ago. It was not a joke. He rejected Reagan and free markets, adopting a Marxist view, instead. Blitzer and his colleague put in one of the most biased peformances I've ever seen as moderators. And now the media is headlining that Coons claims O'Donnell wasn't truthful. The fact is, Chris Coons lied repeatedly.

I came to suspect, through these and other courses, that the ideal of America as “a beacon of freedom and justice, providing hope for the world” was not exactly based in reality.

I realize that Kenya and America are very different, but experiences like this warned me that my own favorite beliefs in the miracles of free enterprise and the boundless opportunity to be had in America might be largely untrue.

The point that others ignore is that I was ready to change. Experiences at Amherst my first two years made me skeptical and uncomfortable with Republicanism, enough so that I wanted to see the Third World for myself to get some perspective on my beliefs. Certainly Kenya provided a needed catalyst; I saw there poverty, and oppression more naked than any in America, and I studied under a bright and eloquent Marxist professor at the University of Nairobi. Nevertheless, it is only too easy to return from Africa glad to be an American and smugly thankful for our wealth and freedom. Instead, Amherst had taught me to question, so in return I questioned Amherst, and America.

Some of the “Leftists” that I met early on were terrifyingly persuasive, although I never admitted that. A few became my friends and provided a constant nagging backdrop of doubt, for which I am now grateful. More importantly, during sophomore year, several professors challenged the basic assumptions about America and the world relations with which I had grown up. Cultural Anthropology inspired a fascination with other peoples, and undermined the accepted value of progress and the cultural superiority of the West.

more...

She did pretty good against him. Not that it is going to help her win.

She made him look like a fool on the whole witchcraft thing.

After all she said it on a COMEDY show, a long time ago, and she was talking about something from even longer ago.

Coons wants to be able to make that an issue and have everyone ignore his Marxist comments.

She also exposed the Mediator as a hack on the Evolution question.

he kept saying the Voters want to know what she believes and trying to not let he explain that all she wants is states to be able to decided if they want to include Creationism as an alternative along with Evolution.

She also exposed the Mediator as a hack on the Evolution question.

he kept saying the Voters want to know what she believes and trying to not let he explain that all she wants is states to be able to decided if they want to include Creationism as an alternative along with Evolution.

Hey...at least she wasn't asked why she opposes Masterbation

O'Donnell looked like a fumbling bimbo parroting Tea Party one liners.

How come Conservatives are allowed to play the "sexism" card whenever they want (and the "racism" card, as long it applies to Obama), but Liberals are called out constantly for the same thing?

But's let's compare apples to apples. Who has made a sexist denigration of a lefty woman?

I know Rush Limbaugh said Sarah Palin was a babe.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/83429-michelle-obama-first-lady-or-queen-3.html#post1383135
http://www.usmessageboard.com/779941-post6.html

I could keep going, but I don't really feel like it...

Well, it would help if Michelle could stop from looking like an extra from planet of the apes when she makes a weird smirk. Just saying. Once those pics get spread around they're hard to remove from memory.

I recall some President having sex with a teenager in the oval office..

Democrats thought that was just great at the time.. degrading women .. nah

How come Conservatives are allowed to play the "sexism" card whenever they want (and the "racism" card, as long it applies to Obama), but Liberals are called out constantly for the same thing?

Maybe because it's not a card and you are really treating her in inappropriate and demeaning ways.

Forum List

Back