Wow!

The exact phrases:

"It has both democratic and republican support"

it does not.

And:

"it enjoys the support of people from both parties".

It enjoys the support of ONE republican. That is not the support of the republican party.

There were hundreds of amendments proposed by REPUBLICANS that were in the Senate Finance bill.

As for how many will vote on a final bill, no one yet knows. Jeezus, isn't that bone chewed bare by now? Move on!!
There. I fixed it for you.

Care to enlighten the crowd on how many of those proposed amendments made it into the committee bill that was passed with ONE republican vote?

Twenty-nine, of which I can only find reference to a few right now.

Wonk Room » Baucus Accepts Numerous Republican And Democratic Amendments, Brings Cost Of Bill To $900 Billion

And you heard the word bipartisan when it wasn't there either.

I reiterate: Nothing Obama said was a lie.
It is in fact, a complete lie. He did not use the word, bipartisan, thats true. Most likely, when I heard him say it held the support of both parties, I just substituted the word bipartisan, which I'm sure was his intent.

I'll reiterate. The man is a bold faced liar.

Wah, wah, waaaahaaaa........ It's a done deal. We will get a health care bill quite soon. Not as good of one as we need, but better than many of us had hoped for. And they are quite likely to add a public option.

Then you can really whine, snivel, and otherwise demonstrate your adolescent mindset. You people lost in 2008 big time because of demonstrated incompetance in every sphere of governance. Do you think that we find your rants in any way revelant?

I don't see anything passing until December, and I also don't think it will include a public option. But as long as they regulate the shit out of insurance companies, I'll be happy.

Exactly my point.
It will be interesting to see if one of them actually tried to make the case that The Obama (May the sun smile upon his children) has read the bill right after it was voted on and that is what he really meant by republican support for this bill.

At this point? I don't think his Omnipotents' even gives a shit. As long as it gets the Federal Government's Camel's NOSE under the tent, the proverbial foot in the door to later deal the DEATH BLOW to the Free Market?

He'll sign ANYTHING at this point.

Oh would YOU PEOPLE stop yammering about "reading" the bill. You know damned well you wouldn't READ the fucking thing if you got a personal copy from one of your legislators. I can count on one hand those who actually READ the House version, and none of them are posting within this thread. They are long, tedius, filled with legal mumbo-jumbo and, at least when attempting to discuss proposed provisions in the House bill, there were parts taken out of context to suit one's personal agenda (both sides). So it's counterproductive for novices to READ these bills before they are presented in FINAL DRAFT for debate on the respective floors of Congress.

There were hundreds of amendments proposed by REPUBLICANS that were in the Senate Finance bill.

As for how many will vote on a final bill, no one yet knows. Jeezus, isn't that bone chewed bare by now? Move on!!

The Republicans had at least six years they could have passed anything. And they did. Tax cuts for the rich.
Well, your partially right. They passed tax cuts for all Americans. Including the rich. But why on earth would they want to pass a disaster like healthcare reform as envisioned by 'The Obama' (May his seed be forever fruitful)

And may your health care costs stay flatlined forever, rather than increasing by 10+ percent every year by the "free markets" who would screw you over in a heartbeat (pun intended).

New Topics

Forum List

Back