Wow!!!!!

Mr. P said:
It ain't over yet and Edwards got his ass kicked......

I was just told it was on, I forgot all about it! but glad to hear about Edwards!
:banana:

edwards just broke a rule TWICE in the same answer! oh my god, this guy is a LOSER!

moderator brought up the flip flopping....this is SO funny.

edwards just said they have been consistent...ok, when late night comedians are making jokes about Kerry's hobby even depends on which way the wind blows.

edwards is making this crap up as he goes along. he has NO facts to back any of this up....i wonder if he's talked to Dan Rather recently...this debate is on CBS after all.

insein said:
Edwards is blaming the divide in Washington on Bush...again. Cheney's face looks like "Im going to divide his freakin head from his shoulders this lieing sack of..."

do you see how edwards is blinking a lot? He's panicking. The eyes don't and can't lie.

so edwards, you keep telling us about all the plans...WHAT THE F*** are they???!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
insein said:
Edwards is blaming the divide in Washington on Bush...again. Cheney's face looks like "Im going to divide his freakin head from his shoulders this lieing sack of..."

I too took from Dick's body language as if he would LOVE to tell Edwards to leave the stage, go outside and play a game of hide-and-go-fuck-himself.

Edwards is coming across like a bratty kid trying to play "ha! I gotCHA!" with Cheney...

wow.

I LOVED when Dick was like:

"Look - Edwards himself said Kerry's plan would drive the nation deeper into debt, while he was running against him - now he's all on board? what the fuck, over?"

MJDuncan1982 said:
Anyone know of a good poll? MSNBC has Edwards winning huge, pre mature and I personally think wrong.

as far as polls, you have to look at who is voting in these polls. i have said it before, if you were to exclusively poll my area (Anoka, Coon Rapids, Blaine, Elk River) and then poll the exact same # of people in Minneapolis, specifically the Lyndale/Franklin Ave. area, you will get TOTALLY opposite results.

I didn't say this after the Bush-kerry debate because it would sound like sour grapes, but now that Cheney has proven once again that Dems have grossly underestimated him, I feel at liberty to make a comment.

Personally I find these debates to be nothing but a circus. They distract from the real issues and instead focus on a childish competition over who can spew out the best sound bite. The rules of the debates have caused them to be little more than competing position statements.

The Bush campaign needs to abandon the one-on-one confrontation with kerry and edwards in favor of hammering away at the issues. Republicans, even when they win a debate, are only aiding kerry. The debates allow kerry to gloss over his lack of character and to mitigate his inability to adopt a position and stick to it. Kerry may be a back-biting, lying, stealing, social-climbing, gold-digging whore, but he is a crafty bastard and he is almost as glib as Slick Willie, although he lack's Clinton's personality.

Worse, the debates favor the left. George Bush is not a good speaker, so the Democrats, ever the champions of style over substance, can crow how kerry made Bush look bad and claim victory on the basis of the fact that their candidate was more eloquent. The philosophy of the left is - never mind WHAT he said, it's HOW he said it that matters.

I loved the put down about being in the Senate every tuesday and this was the first time he ever met Edwards.

Watch Edwards eyebrows the more he lies the higher they rise.

Blinking a lot is the first sign of a lair.

Mr. P said:
The only poll that really matters will be on Nov. 2nd.

Dick Morris predicted on O'Reilly tonight that Bush will win. He believes the substance of the Bush Campaign will outweigh the rhetoric of the Democrat line, "We are Consistent!"

Hell we need a bit more than Consistent Mr. Senator!

I can't wait to vote against Kerry.

Merlin1047 said:
I didn't say this after the Bush-kerry debate because it would sound like sour grapes, but now that Cheney has proven once again that Dems have grossly underestimated him, I feel at liberty to make a comment.

Personally I find these debates to be nothing but a circus. They distract from the real issues and instead focus on a childish competition over who can spew out the best sound bite. The rules of the debates have caused them to be little more than competing position statements.

The Bush campaign needs to abandon the one-on-one confrontation with kerry and edwards in favor of hammering away at the issues. Republicans, even when they win a debate, are only aiding kerry. The debates allow kerry to gloss over his lack of character and to mitigate his inability to adopt a position and stick to it. Kerry may be a back-biting, lying, stealing, social-climbing, gold-digging whore, but he is a crafty bastard and he is almost as glib as Slick Willie, although he lack's Clinton's personality.

Worse, the debates favor the left. George Bush is not a good speaker, so the Democrats, ever the champions of style over substance, can crow how kerry made Bush look bad and claim victory on the basis of the fact that their candidate was more eloquent. The philosophy of the left is - never mind WHAT he said, it's HOW he said it that matters.

but if the Reps back down from a debate that the libbies want, it would make them look bad or not up to the challenge. It's a double edged sword. Debates favor liberals, but backing down would not help their cause of being up front.

i actually think the debates (this one in particular) are going to further the Bush camp because of the front lines focus on Kerry/Edwards inconsistencies. I hope they use people like the current moderator, because she hit some GREAT questions that i had on my own mind, that i want(ed) to ask Kerry/Edwards.

merlin said:
The rules of the debates have caused them to be little more than competing position statements.

They are so incredibly orchestrated, but I suppose that's more a symptom of our culture than anything else. There was no real argument, whenever Sen. Edwards was pressed he simply changed directions, and the structure of the debate prevented any real challenge to that strategy. Obviously, this applies to either participant, I only point to Sen. Edwards because he was the one engaging in it.

Republicans, even when they win a debate, are only aiding kerry.

Again true, typically the lagging candidate clamors loudest for debates.

he is almost as glib as Slick Willie,

This reminds me, I hadn't noticed this before, but to be honest I haven't paid all that much attention to Sen. Edwards (he's a lawyer and every ounce of him oozes the fact), but did any else notice how his hand gesticulations (thumb pointing) and other mannerisms mimicked our previous President? As I said, I never noticed that before, this could be something he's been doing for awhile, but I got the distinct impression that it was a calculated effort.

gaffer said:
Blinking a lot is the first sign of a lair.

True, but not always. When the question concerning Vice Pres. Cheney's daughter came up, I noticed quite a bit of blinking on his part, and I don't believe he was lying.

Forum List

Back