Wow, this is WILD!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
PHONE REPAIR

Lawrence, Kansas, December 12, 2008

A Kansas farm wife called the local phone company to report her telephone failed to ring when her friends called - and that on the few occasions, when it did ring, her dog always moaned right before the phone rang.

The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog or senile lady. He climbed a telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the subscriber's house.

The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned and the telephone began to ring.

Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:

1 . The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire with a steel chain and collar.

2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.

3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the number was called.

4. After a couple of jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate.

5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.

Which demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by pissing and moaning.

Thought you'd like to know. :eusa_whistle:

PHONE REPAIR

A Kansas farm wife called the local phone company to report her telephone failed to ring when her friends called - and that on the few occasions, when it did ring, her dog always moaned right before the phone rang.

The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog or senile lady. He climbed a telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the subscriber's house.

The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned and the telephone began to ring.

1 . The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire with a steel chain and collar.

3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the number was called.

demonstration please ? :lol:

PHONE REPAIR

Technically, this problem was solved by moaning and pissing.

I still hold fast to my conviction that pissing and moaning (in that order) is counterproductive in accomplishing tasks.

funny-pictures-kitten-was-right-about-dog-having-no-brains2.jpg

PHONE REPAIR

Actually it proves that no matter how much pissing and moaning, it takes a qualified professional earning a decent wage to properly diagnose the problem and address the issue.

:lol:

-Joe

PHONE REPAIR

Actually it proves that no matter how much pissing and moaning, it takes a qualified professional earning a decent wage to properly diagnose the problem and address the issue.

:lol:

-Joe

Repair people get decent wages? Not the ones I have had get the job right the first time like that.

What dog moans when he is shocked?

Wouldn't it be a yelp?

Yeah, that's how the story used to go. It barked or cried out, not moaned, and I'm not sure I remember peeing but otherwise same. It's probably on Snopes.

Alrighty mister "avoid three actual debates" ... that makes you what ... an amoeba? Oh, and "I have only one screenshot that I keep using because I'm just that lame" also suits you.

Would that be a reference to your lame little threads in the General Discussion forum? I've only seen two, not three, and only the one you just started is actually concerned with a political topic. :rolleyes:

Alrighty mister "avoid three actual debates" ... that makes you what ... an amoeba? Oh, and "I have only one screenshot that I keep using because I'm just that lame" also suits you.

Would that be a reference to your lame little threads in the General Discussion forum? I've only seen two, not three, and only the one you just started is actually concerned with a political topic. :rolleyes:

No, the first one had two topics, since you avoided the first I changed it to a political but related topic, then you proceeded to avoid that one as well. Tried again, now you are just ignoring it completely, even though I gave you the benefit of choosing the specific topic within a general category, a true debater would not have avoided even the first one, like you did.

Poor pup. People who tie dogs up should have to try it for a few days themselves.

Forum List

Back