Wow! This Is An Incredible Photo

i read the article....its all rah rah rah.....give it time....elvis...one of us is right ( me , me , me) one of us is wrong (you, you, you)

we need to wait for snopes.....lol

Okay, here's why I absolutely LOVE this photo, in case you were wondering. The bald eagle is the symbol of this nation. I mean we have other symbols, the flag, Uncle Sam, and others. But the bald eagle, is the symbol of this great nation that some of us have served and unfortunately, some have given the last measure for. It is the only symbol that is alive. It has weathered it's own ups and downs. After going almost extinct in the 60's, it fought back and has been taken off of the endangered list. If you've ever been really close to a bald eagle, you can't help but be in awe of the simple majesty of this incredible bird; the incredible beauty; and the power that it exudes without really even trying. Each time I get close to an eagle it's like they KNOW what they are and what they symbolize; confidence, strength. It's not the biggest or the baddest in the forest, but you really don't want to piss it off. Because of it's majesty it is a fitting symbol for a country that isn't perfect by a long shot, but is by far the best country in the world. We fight, we argue, we even call each others names. But in the symbol of that eagle there is an exceptionalism that IS this nation.

And there it sits on the headstone of a man who gave his life for what that bird symbolizes. It's like a recognition in effect. It's like a small tip of the hat. It's nothing really, but it is everything. It's those small and insignificant things that in the end, mean so much.

I was driving my car the other day and I have a "Vietnam Vet" sticker on the bumper. A young guy, must have been in his 20's, pulled up beside me and he looked over at me. He saw the sticker, looked back at me and then gave me a very crisp salute. You could tell he was civilian because it was wrong, but that was not the point.

That picture is EXACTLY like that. Sorry... when you get old like me, you tend to see meaning in a lot of things that you would never have given a second glance to when you were young. I love that photo... for those we left behind and never came home with us, it is a fitting tribute.

i dont mean any disrespect here old....not at all...it is simply a debate on the photoshopping...i think there are many true photos that show much more than this.....i think this is a rah rah thing.....and i still feel one of our biggest shames is the issue of pow/mia's being left in vietnam. blame whomever you want....both parties let down our soldiers.

i dont mean any disrespect here old....not at all...it is simply a debate on the photoshopping...i think there are many true photos that show much more than this.....i think this is a rah rah thing.....and i still feel one of our biggest shames is the issue of pow/mia's being left in vietnam. blame whomever you want....both parties let down our soldiers.

I understand and no disrespect taken. Photoshopped or not, I like the picture, that's all I'm saying.

Don't get me started on POW/MIA's...

Eagle craps on tombstone?

If one actually knows about the habits and traits of eagles whry realize how appropriate they are for our national symbol.
One trait they like to steal food from other birds.

Last edited:
The first nano second I saw it I thought vulture until it registered Eagle.

It left me feeling like they were preyed on by their own countrymen.

Which is just what Bush and team did to this country and our bravest.

Remember Pat Tillman

At the risk of repeating myself, stop using our war dead for your political games, you pathetic little shit.

Why? The republicans do it all the time, democrats as well. Are you one of the suckers who falls for that shit?

The first nano second I saw it I thought vulture until it registered Eagle.

It left me feeling like they were preyed on by their own countrymen.

Which is just what Bush and team did to this country and our bravest.

Remember Pat Tillman

Pat Tillman enlisted, you stupid fuck. Bush didn't shove him into the Army, you flaming racist idiot.

Yes he did...and when killed by friendly fire, the administration tried very very hard to cover that up.

Awesome.

eagle-on-tombstone.jpg

A point I just looked up....Bald Eagles in Minnesota come down to the Mississippi in winter. I'm not seeing snow, are you? And yes, the trees are bare, but no snow? In Minnesota? In winter?

Forum List

Back