Wow, the Tea Party forum is kind of like a ghost-town!

I used to like the TEA party until they got taken over by religious nut jobs, started taking an interest in other people's personal lives. Their social issues platform blows.

I did not enjoy the fact that they were the "watchdogs" of the republican party. They weren't an official party, but they told everyone else what to do - it's called "supervising."

I see that all the time at work - five supervisors and one guy actually doing something.

The Tea Party's popularity has been on the decline since 2011.
tea Party.png

The overweight middle aged white men and women dressed in 18th Century Garb provided some comic relief for a time, then the clothes came off and we saw the wolf.

Do I need to answer my own question: "What does the Tea Party stand for and want"?

Or are its members simply interested in dressing in costumes and pretending they are part of something substantive? In Jr. High School students one might dismiss such behavior as part of the process of growing up; in middle aged adults it is both pitiful and laughable.
They've taken so long to figure it out, I don't think anyone cares anymore.

:banghead:If the Tea Party ultimately fails, so to does America. There will be no turning back.

-Geaux

Obviously, the Tea Party's message isn't being accepted or they are not doing a good job of getting their message out.
Not only have they lost public support, they have lost the major financial support from the business community that they once enjoyed.
I think it's relatively clear that the further to the right the Tea Party got the more support they lost. Plus the fact that they had a appeal during the biggest financial downturn In the Great Depression but as the recovery started warming up, the appeal for the Tea party seriously started to wane.
Radicalism gains strength during major crisis but when crisis ebb, radicalism also ebbs.

I had no problem with their message initially. I don't like their stance on social issues at all though, or at least those from supposed "tea party candidates" that I have heard of.

:banghead:If the Tea Party ultimately fails, so to does America. There will be no turning back.

-Geaux

You better get ready for it then. Most of them have already gone down with broken hips. That's what happens to the elderly.

-Geaux

Um, I don't think so. America has survived for a very long time without a TEA party. :) I think a problem is that the TEA party was infiltrated by a bunch of extremists, and there message got lost.
I can agree in part. While indeed the reigns needed pulled hard in efforts to correct our path of descent. And perhaps to far right is a problem. However, some of the CORE TP values used to be respected by both sides of the isle. Some of us are having a hard time identifying the new face of America. I fought against it and saw lives sacrificed. Now we're just pissing on their graves

-Geaux

I think a point absent is the fact if indeed the TP is a flash in the pan, and some say more of an explosion, it took an unarguably lawless POTUS for it to manifest itself.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Um, I don't think so. America has survived for a very long time without a TEA party. :) I think a problem is that the TEA party was infiltrated by a bunch of extremists, and there message got lost.
I can agree in part. While indeed the reigns needed pulled hard in efforts to correct our path of descent. And perhaps to far right is a problem. However, some of the CORE TP values used to be respected by both sides of the isle. Some of us are having a hard time identifying the new face of America. I fought against it and saw lives sacrificed. Now we're just pissing on their graves

-Geaux

I always agreed with the TP about taxes and out of control spending and waste in government.

I think a point absent is the fact if indeed the TP is a flash in the pan, and some say more of an explosion, it took an unarguably lawless POTUS for it to manifest itself.

-Geaux
That is just dumb, Geaux, The TP has "manifested" itself or what you really mean is it has annoyed the shit out of even the Republican party. It's comparable to the Neocons who were around and then they weren't. Same for the next extreme faction of the party.

These factions always attract the crazies.

Forum List

Back