WOW! That Was Weird!!! Seattle 14 GB 12

The blown call was the FAILURE to call the interference. But that was not subject to booth review once blown.

It is still quite fully debatable that the ball was caught. It sure looked like a fucking interception to me. But, give the devils their due. If it was a simultaneous "catch" then maybe the call (booth review and all) was just a tough call, not a blown call.

The game was still officiated miserably.

Get the real zebras back.

That was the biggest robbery I've seen in the NFL!

How much money could the real refs be asking for? Just give them their damn money!

Close but I have seen worst. I remember the Seahawks/Jets playoff game when the Jets quarterback was stopped short of the line and then reached out with the ball after he was down and it was ruled a touchdown. There was no official video review in those days but that play was the major reason that the reviews were put in place.

It's been a while for sure. Seattle has a very powerful defense that harassed and stifled green bay all night long. 8 sacks in the first half? Wow. And in reality, while green bay was able to move the ball better in the second half they really never had a legitimate drive that resulted in a touchdown. Seattle was able to hold off that attack...and twice green bay should have been punting instead of scoring....but here we go back to the refs. Lol.

The biggest difference in the first half and the second half was Green Bay was able to adjust both their offense and defense and Seattle couldn't. 8 sacks in the first half and none in the second, Green Bay with two running plays in the first half and Green bay shorted up the pass routes to take advantage of Seattle DB playing back.

From what I've been reading on Facebook, even Seattle fans are unhappy with those refs.

You are absolutely correct. Being a Seattle fan for about 40 years when I first saw the play agreed that the DB caught the ball but after several replays I wasn't so sure.

But overall refereeing though out this game, not only this game but all the NFl games over the first three weeks, the refereeing really was about highschool level.

There were 24 penlites called on both teams. And I don't remember how many reviews of plays.

Last edited:
From what I've been reading on Facebook, even Seattle fans are unhappy with those refs.

You are absolutely correct. Being a Seattle fan for about 40 years when I first saw the play agreed that the DB caught the ball but after several replays I wasn't so sure.

But overall refereeing though out this game, not only this game but all the NFl games over the first three weeks, the refereeing really was about highschool level.

There were 24 penlites called on both teams. And I don't remember how many reviews of plays.

Pretty good to be a fan of the Seahawks for 40 years, since they have been around for 36 years.

I am waiting for Lakhota to explain why this whole situation is Bush's fault.

Well...that can't be if they are the one that claims bush drops the ball....no balls dropped monday night lol

True...and remember....the NFL didn't build their league on their own. Obama did it.

Of course. He is the alpha and omega of his mind. How silly of me to forget that. Wasn't it he who said no one comes to the father but thru me? Oh excuse me that was JESUS! I guess Obama will claim that Gods kingdom was not built by the lord now.

It's been a while for sure. Seattle has a very powerful defense that harassed and stifled green bay all night long. 8 sacks in the first half? Wow. And in reality, while green bay was able to move the ball better in the second half they really never had a legitimate drive that resulted in a touchdown. Seattle was able to hold off that attack...and twice green bay should have been punting instead of scoring....but here we go back to the refs. Lol.

The biggest difference in the first half and the second half was Green Bay was able to adjust both their offense and defense and Seattle couldn't. 8 sacks in the first half and none in the second, Green Bay with two running plays in the first half and Green bay shorted up the pass routes to take advantage of Seattle DB playing back.

That's true for the most part. I did a quick preview of the game on another thread where i argued that in order for Green Bay to be successful they would have to utilize the TE and slot receivers in short passes directed at the LBs which is the only real weakness Seattle has on defense. In the second half they did that more....BUT Green Bay also engaged in one of the most aggressive holding campaigns I have seen since Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XL (very few of which ever got flagged). That had a lot to do with it too.

The other things I saw was that Green Bay got a lot more effective with their run when they began to employ counters. Seattle seemed to struggle to pick up the cut back

Pretty good to be a fan of the Seahawks for 40 years, since they have been around for 36 years.

Note the word "about" in his post. "About 40 years" means 40 years give or take a few years. 36 years is "about 40 years". Don't be ridiculous Papa.

Note the word "about" in his post. "About 40 years" means 40 years give or take a few years. 36 years is "about 40 years". Don't be ridiculous Papa.

Funny how I know how many years the Bucs and the hawks came into the NFL but a hawks fan doesn't. I guess it's that devotion they have there in Seattle.

Well it looks like Duh MFL will have regular Refs at the next games. So now you guys can't blame it on the refs when your teams lose! :D

Bad call. Tate obviously shoved off - and the TD should not have counted. Although in a scrum in the endzone everbody is pushing and shoving.

Tate should not have been fined for the clean block on the Cowboys LB the previous week.

Nowhere near as bad as the Vinny Testeverde phantom TD -NY Jets at home against the Seahawks in Dec 1998,in the final seconds, that cost Seattle a chance at the playoffs, ushered in Instant Replay in the NFL.

Testeverde was about 2 yards shy of the goal line.

I' m glad the regulars are back.

Even with instant replay they give it to the other team, come on! Did no one watch super bowl 40? How about big tall and uglys yard and a half touchdown that clearly wasn't? Seattle has been shafted so many times over the years. None so bad as the Super Bowl but seriously...many wonder why Seattle fans are so bitter and it is because of things like this.

Are you being a smart ass on purpose? I said around 40 years.

Even with instant replay they give it to the other team, come on! Did no one watch super bowl 40? How about big tall and uglys yard and a half touchdown that clearly wasn't? Seattle has been shafted so many times over the years. None so bad as the Super Bowl but seriously...many wonder why Seattle fans are so bitter and it is because of things like this.

If the roles had been reversed on MNF - if GB had been awarded a TD on the same play - it would all be "much ado about nothing."

As this Seahawk fan mentioned in his F -Bomb rant - Seattle outplayed GB most of the game.

If the roles had been reversed on MNF - if GB had been awarded a TD on the same play - it would all be "much ado about nothing."

As this Seahawk fan mentioned in his F -Bomb rant - Seattle outplayed GB most of the game.

Yep they did and it is unfortunate that the talk of the game is not about settles defense instead.

Funny how I know how many years the Bucs and the hawks came into the NFL but a hawks fan doesn't. I guess it's that devotion they have there in Seattle.

Yes rooting for a loser for 36 years like Tampa Bay is a good thing.

Forum List

Back