WOW! That Was Weird!!! Seattle 14 GB 12

I think the ignored offensive PI was far more controversial than the simultaneous catch.

What "simultaneous catch"...? The only thing the Seahawk had possession of was the Packer who had control and possession of the football. Plus, the Seahawk was BEHIND the Packer.

meh...big deal. The refs screwed Seattle and gave the Packers a TD they didn't earn and then they screwed the Packers and gave Seattle a TD they didn't earn. If you are going to act all outraged at the shitty calls on Seattle's last scoring drive at least show the same disdain for the shitty calls on the Packers' last scoring drive. Anything else is completely ignorant...of course I should consider who I am talking to.

Last edited:
g1348461193526520778.jpg

I think the ignored offensive PI was far more controversial than the simultaneous catch. When the play happened I was actually wondering if there was a simultaneous catch. I don't think that aspect of the play would necessarily be improved with the old refs.

I would agree. We forget that the play happened in real time and when it happened th very first thing that went through my mind was "tie goes to the receiver". On replay (in slow motion stopping frame by frame) I would say it was 90% an interception...BUT replay requires indisputable evidence which was not there (or I would say it was 100% an interception). The pass interference should have been called, the roughing the passer on Clay Matthews on the same play should have been called. At best...at BEST...the argument should be offsetting penalties on both sides, which results in a replay of the down, and Seattle gets another shot at it. Alas we will never know what that result would have been. Maybe Seattle scores, maybe they don't. Regardless of who won or lost I would have preferred that scenario and THAT'S what everyone should be screaming about today.

Green Bay fans will cry about how they got screwed (and I will be happy to get tissue for them and dry their tears) but as I have said countless times, by the middle of the third quarter the refs were fucking whoever was on defense and at that point the game had lost its integrity; not because the Seahawks were dirty or the Packers let one get away or anything of that nature on either side. It's because at that point it was no longer about "who was the better team measured in such a way that was indisputable...on the field...team vs. team". It was about "who will the refs fuck last?" THAT'S the tragedy...not who won or who lost but that no matter who lost that team would have a legitimate bitch about the officiating deciding the game.

People are focusing on the last play because that's what made Sportscenter and then jokers like Plasmaball, who by his own admission didn't even watch the game, formulate an opinion based on that alone and shoot off their mouth. Anyone who actually watched the game knows very well that aside from the first five minutes or so of the third quarter, the entire second half was a complete officiating debacle and at that point it was evident that someone was going to get fucked and the rest of us will never know what really would have happened..

I think it was herm Edwards brought up the point yesterday and asked...what is the primary job of the defender in that situation? Knock the ball down...not catch it. So in essence...green bay screwed themselves for not batting it down. I think it was fair and fitting it was ruled in Seattle favor given how many times they have been hosed. Super bowl XL was a complete cluster f*** of officiating and people cry and moan about this?? Calling a td that was clarly a yard and a half short in the biggest game of many players career with regular cream of the crop officials on hand....oh that was ok and there was no talk of over turning that game after the fact so everyone can just suck it up and stop crying in your beer of the injustice of the precious packers. Seattle has been taking it in the shorts for years from regular officials and the players and coaches would be fined for blaming anything on officiating. Green bay can just go buy some wine for their cheese and stuff it in their pie hole. :eusa_boohoo:

It is also disappointing how Seattle defense has been totally dismissed from that game. They schooled green bay the whole game sacking Rogers time and time again yet the only thing spoken of is the injustice of the packers. Did anyone consider tht if gb were so fantastic they should have been up by a lot more and the end would never have happened? They were also given chance after chance by officials making up stuff....when have you ever heard of a defense being called for 12 men on the field way before the ball is snapped? And as for carrol not apologizing for winning? Pfft...shut up! Seattle played hard the whole game they went up at the end and fought for it...made a play and they should apologize? Oh we are sorry we should have just bent over and dropped trou for you to screw us yet again. Would gb coach say we are sorry for winning? Seattle won the whole game by harassing the offense the whole game holding gb to two field goals before the officials got involved so heavily in their last offensive drive. The mode of the officials changed considerably in the 3rd quarter. Seems to me they got their palms greased by gb and it honestly turned into the sb XL debacle all over again. If Seattle so much as farted they were called for it.

Ok I think I am done with my rant....for now :eusa_whistle:

I think it was herm Edwards brought up the point yesterday and asked...what is the primary job of the defender in that situation? Knock the ball down...not catch it. So in essence...green bay screwed themselves for not batting it down. I think it was fair and fitting it was ruled in Seattle favor given how many times they have been hosed. Super bowl XL was a complete cluster f*** of officiating and people cry and moan about this?? Calling a td that was clarly a yard and a half short in the biggest game of many players career with regular cream of the crop officials on hand....oh that was ok and there was no talk of over turning that game after the fact so everyone can just suck it up and stop crying in your beer of the injustice of the precious packers. Seattle has been taking it in the shorts for years from regular officials and the players and coaches would be fined for blaming anything on officiating. Green bay can just go buy some wine for their cheese and stuff it in their pie hole. :eusa_boohoo:

If you look at the Detroit/Tennessee game earlier in the day the defender knocked the ball down and a Detroit player trailing the play caught the ball for a last second TD

Damned if you do, damned if you don't on Hail Marys

If Seattle loses on the field we take it in the shorts by the officials. If we win...we take it in the shorts by the media. Foeget it! I am going commando to support my team.

Last play of the game was NOT a touchdown, but an interception. Apparently the people in the booth who reviewed it were blind, as well.

It's time for the temps to go, bring back the real officials.

One of the two refs in the end zone called it an interception.

No he didn't he was signaling with his arms for the clock to stop.

ftbhs8.gif

The referee calling a interception in the endzone is.....

283442.medium.jpg

Further more the officials in the NFL commission office agreed with the call.

I wonder if Cleveland, Buffalo or St Louis were playing Seattle instead of Green Bay if there would be the up-roar about the officials.

Get over it and move on.

I knew there was going to be a blow up about this this morning, and there is. My Pack got FUCKED, and I think they should SUE the football league. THEY WON THAT GAME...

Not according to the rules that all concerned applied. The people who reviewed the play up stairs and are not replacements and the league officials agreed it was a catch by Tate.

Forum List

Back