WOW! Talk about Government Intrusion!

Gatekeeper

Nov 11, 2009
New Jersey
Proposal: All New Yorkers Become Organ Donors

Is this a move by to make the final most personal of all intrusions, right into one's own body parts? Just because other countries do it.

New York State Assemblyman Richard Brodsky introduced a new bill in Albany that would enroll all New Yorkers as an organ donor, unless they actually opt out of organ donation. It would be the first law of its kind in the United States.

"Overseas, 24 nations have it. Israel has it. Others have it. And it works without a lot of controversy," Brodsky said.

Proposal: All New Yorkers Become Organ Donors - wcbstv.com

Even with the 'opt out' clause what do you all think? Are we next?

I have heard others say, if your in a serious accident and someone nearby needs a body part or two, could YOU be harvested for it? I have very mixed feelings with this issue.

I would make a slight amendment that you can will your dead body and the recipients can sell your organs.

I donate Assemblyman Richard Brodsky for dissection

And for the betterment of the collective average IQ of the nation, we could 'donate' Bfgrn for vivisection

Gee Dave, the fact that I am at least 100 times smarter than you doesn't mean I should be forced to have a lobotomy just to cut that advantage in half.

Those who are willing to donate their organs should get a discount on their health insurance because they are providing a valuable resource to the health industry.

If you don't want to donate your organs but are still willingto accept a donation from someone else...you should pay more

This is not right. It's outrageous. It's enough that there's already all kinds of black market organ"donation" is going on. Seems like this could open all kinds of loopholes for unscrupulous people to become even more so.

Not to mention that people should have control over their own bodies. Hell, women have had that right to choose for years with the abortion laws. If a woman has the right to choose what to do with her body then everybody else should have the right to choose whether to donate any of their body parts.

This Brodsky guy is a real piece of work. Glad I don't live in NY anymore.

So the government has shifted from residing mainly in our wallets literally getting a boot in our asses. This is fuxxing ridiculous and it is fallout of Liberalism from the past decade of unbelievably increasing default levels of government rule. The bill is essentially saying:

"By default the government owns your body."

That philosophy is how America has operated for a long time. There are no homeowners in America. We all pay rent to the government and, just like our bodies, they are saying to obey or be confiscated like everything else we falsely believe we own.

Those who are willing to donate their organs should get a discount on their health insurance because they are providing a valuable resource to the health industry.

If you don't want to donate your organs but are still willingto accept a donation from someone else...you should pay more

If an insurance company wanted to offer that... good for them...

But not any government mandate standard on such a price action

Can you imagine the hissy fits if a private insurance company actually did that?

Can you imagine the hissy fits if a private insurance company actually did that?

Yeah... just as we see hissy fits with various other business decisions by companies in every sector out there.... but that is fine.... the government mandate of it is not fine

Now THIS is a gr8 idea RW major discount on Health Care for the organ donors.

I have another proposal, Politicians should be the first, so as to 'set the example', which organ part(s) should we suggest THEY donate, before they have gone 'critical'? :D

It's illegal to sell your organs but some jackass Pol wants the government to be able to take em for free. This is too much like the government outlawing gambling......except for those State issued lottery tickets.

The best part of the Bill? If the government fucks up and takes your organs even after you've opted out, they won't have to worry about you threatening to write your Rep or go to the media.

It's illegal to sell your organs but some jackass Pol wants the government to be able to take em for free. This is too much like the government outlawing gambling......except for those State issued lottery tickets.

The best part of the Bill? If the government fucks up and takes your organs even after you've opted out, they won't have to worry about you threatening to write your Rep or go to the media.

Gives a new meaning to "No Guts No Glory" to "No Guts no Lawsuits".

I donate Assemblyman Richard Brodsky for dissection

And for the betterment of the collective average IQ of the nation, we could 'donate' Bfgrn for vivisection

Gee Dave, the fact that I am at least 100 times smarter than you doesn't mean I should be forced to have a lobotomy just to cut that advantage in half.

Hey, you should love that. It's redistribution of wealth in the most immediate sense!

Gives a new meaning to "No Guts No Glory" to "No Guts no Lawsuits".

Lawyers will love the new work.

I support this, you are dead, you have no rights to your organs, as they just decay and become worm food. Its completely stupid to let people die because of stupid superstition that some people have about needing their organs in the afterlife. I never get why people care so much about what happens to their body when they are dead.

Imagine how many people will get much needed organs if selfish relatives and loved ones allowed their dead relative's organs to go to someone to survive.

Although I don't think it could ever hold up. It's despicable if you ask me how many refuse organ donation that they would even want to suggest this./ Everybody should be an organ donor.

Last edited:
This is not right. It's outrageous. It's enough that there's already all kinds of black market organ"donation" is going on. Seems like this could open all kinds of loopholes for unscrupulous people to become even more so.

Not to mention that people should have control over their own bodies. Hell, women have had that right to choose for years with the abortion laws. If a woman has the right to choose what to do with her body then everybody else should have the right to choose whether to donate any of their body parts.

This Brodsky guy is a real piece of work. Glad I don't live in NY anymore.

They are dead, what rights does a dead person have?

They are dead, what rights does a dead person have?

They aren't dead now. Why should the State usurp the right of a LIVING PERSON to decide on the disposition of his remains.

Forum List

Back