Wow; Striking employees; Pension problems; Its hitting home for some!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Sep 25, 2012.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Seeing lots of people who raged all year long against pensions and bloated salaries.........who are now irate and demanding the NFL officials be brought back by the owners!!! They want more pay and pension, and have replaced them with less qualified officials. I suspect many Romney/GOP supporters are among those who demand the NFL owners give in to the pension to get the best officials back and stop ruining the NFL season!!!! Ironic, right?

Also, and I dont have the link you'll have to google it, an interesting incident occurred near here. A Pickens County (SC) police officer pulled over Dabo Swinney......the head football coach of Clemson University here in SC. He was going almost double the speed limit (68/35) because he was running late.

Google it, and watch the video, and the demeanor and reaction of the locals, and in Clemson, SC, rest assured they are right wing Tea party types. They are upset with the cop, making probably 30K a year and risking himself to protect them, yet, those same folks cherish and worship the government employee they are paying $1,500,000 a year to coach a local football team.

Funny how those Tea Party priorities work, right?

2. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,594
    Solution is simple: the NFL needs to FIRE all of the striking officials, and replace them with Division I college officials.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Shelzin

Shelzin Equal Opportunity Asshole

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    *laughs* Yep... That'll do it alright... hahahaha

4. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,594
    News flash: that's where most regular NFL officials come from now. An official who can handle a Division I college game can hold his own in the NFL.

5. OKTexas

OKTexas New Life Member of the NRA 12/15 Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,185
    I think we should leave it just like it is, after all isn't it the progressive way, everone gets to play regardless of ability and everyone gets a trophy in the end? If no one wants a meritocracy in real life, why should you have it in sports. Let the replacements do their thing, after all it's only fair, and isn't fair the most important thing.

I'm not saying I believe that shit, but that's Maobama line, everyone get a slice of pie. Right?

6. Shelzin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Mmmm... Yeah... Uhh... Isn't that where most, if not all, these guys came from? I know some of them did the Lingerie League, but pretty sure they did college games before that. They just didn't get the benefit of having the veterans there to help them out? I mean... This... Is... I don't know... Rookies making rookie mistakes.

7. Shelzin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I think they are getting what they pay for.

Edit: I'll be honest... It fucking kills me to say that about a union worker. I hate unions. But it's absolutely clear here that they are the better choice and deserve to be paid.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  8. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,726
    WTF? A football coach gets cited for reckless driving and the left turns it into a political issue? Rest assured they are what? Tea Party types? Geez the left is hate filled.

9. buckeye45_73

buckeye45_73 Lakhota's my *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,966
    I couldnt give a shit about NFL officials, I hate people who strike, either show up to work or get another job. Missed calls are not uncommon even with the great union officials. I watched it, it was a bad call, but I've seen worse.....the offensive player had his arms with the ball, and simultaneious possession goes to the offense

10. Shelzin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    How did they miss the offensive pass interference that happened right before that? How did ANYONE?