CDZ Wow! Some Proprietary Market Indicators

^ that is what the right banked on last time. It failed.

It is unlikely that a sinking economy is simply going to sink Hillary - Trump has to control the messaging during the election for it to do so. I have serious doubts that he is capable of that.

Hillary is preparing right now to take Trump out - Trump is repeating what he has done for the last several months. One of those is a winning strategy, the other is not.

The "last time" we were at the end of a Democrat's eight years in office was the end of the Clinton presidency and we were in a recession and the Republican won

It is unlikely that a sinking economy is simply going to sink Hillary - Trump has to control the messaging during the election for it to do so. I have serious doubts that he is capable of that.

Hillary is preparing right now to take Trump out - Trump is repeating what he has done for the last several months. One of those is a winning strategy, the other is not.

The "last time" we were at the end of a Democrat's eight years in office was the end of the Clinton presidency and we were in a recession and the Republican won
The last time the right banked on the economy was in 2012 and it failed. We had some serious problems and there were some 'never happened before' numbers that did not stop Obama from getting his second term.

It is going to take more than a downturn to upset Hillary for Trump.

Hillary isn't far ahead of Trump at all, in spite of the $10's of millions spent in negative ads, hack journalism, hysterical diaper wetting from people ranging the gamut from newscaster, Hollywood dopers, and Supreme Court Justices, while Trump hasn't spent much of anything. It's hilarious. If I were a bubbled headed 'progressive democrat', I would start to examine just who these BLM thugs, Black Panthers, 'Greens', etc., were really working for, because so far they are stampeding voters into Trump's arms, especially new voters, while he's hardly lifting a finger.

The last time the right banked on the economy was in 2012 and it failed. We had some serious problems and there were some 'never happened before' numbers that did not stop Obama from getting his second term.

Running for a second term and no incumbent are entirely different. We were in recessions at the end of HW, Slick and W's last terms and the other party won each time.

This time the economy is slow but not technically in a recession. I see Republican hitting that for sure, but more focusing on Hillary's negatives, particularly for trustworthiness. Sure, Trump is more negative now, but his numbers are far less ingrained. Hillary is decades of arrogant corruption, she can't advertise her way around that

Running for a second term and no incumbent are entirely different. We were in recessions at the end of HW, Slick and W's last terms and the other party won each time.

This time the economy is slow but not technically in a recession. I see Republican hitting that for sure, but more focusing on Hillary's negatives, particularly for trustworthiness. Sure, Trump is more negative now, but his numbers are far less ingrained. Hillary is decades of arrogant corruption, she can't advertise her way around that
That is true.

It is also true , IMHO, that this particular election cycle is following an entirely different set of rules and will have little resemblance with previous ones. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out even if it is highly disconcerting where we are at.

Forum List

Back