Wow... R.I.P. Junior Seau

damn...he's was a great, great, great player.

Rest in peace big guy.

Very sad.

concussive brain injury can be very painful emotionally.

Lets take care of our troops

A gunshot wound to the chest? That's a pretty unusual way to kill yourself. Usually it's the side of the head, in the mouth, or under the chin. No I am not suggesting some vast conspiracy....just pretty rare that someone does it that way. Terrible situation though. RIP Junior

As a Raider fan, I hated it when we played against him. He was one of the best in the business. So sad that we have lost him.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Immie

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/03/sports/football/03duerson.html?_r=1

The diagnosis adds a new and perhaps pivotal chapter to football’s still-unfolding narrative surrounding concussions. Duerson shot himself Feb. 17 in the chest rather than the head, presumably so that his brain could be examined by Boston University’s Center for the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy, which announced its diagnosis.

Junior Seau Dead -- Cops Suspect Suicide | TMZ.com

Guy was a beast ... Could bench over 500 pounds. Wonder what happened.

Back in 2011, former NFL star Dave Duerson shot himself in the chest ... and explained in his suicide note that he wanted his brain donated to a research center because he believed the blows he took to the head during his football career caused him to become mentally impaired.

My mistake , it was another player mentioned who shoot himself in the chest.

Pretending brain injury can not lead to suicide is still pretty stupid and counter to all the medical evidence

The diagnosis adds a new and perhaps pivotal chapter to football’s still-unfolding narrative surrounding concussions. Duerson shot himself Feb. 17 in the chest rather than the head, presumably so that his brain could be examined by Boston University’s Center for the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy, which announced its diagnosis.

We know it happens and the players know it happens. They don't have to play the game if they don't want to. Football players have a much lower life expectancy than the average American. They also make much much more than the average American to play a sport, which provides entertainment but no essential need to the American way of life, unlike the military. So I can't feel sorry for these athletes knowing that they know the risks but continue to play anyway.

So? Multiple concussions have lasting effects on the brain, but I really doubt that was what made him pull the trigger.
Usually, it has more to do about being on the highs as a famous athlete, and not being able to cope with the lows in real life after the fame is gone, TM.
This is not a bash on Junior Seau, it is a reality about fame.

A gunshot wound to the chest? That's a pretty unusual way to kill yourself. Usually it's the side of the head, in the mouth, or under the chin. No I am not suggesting some vast conspiracy....just pretty rare that someone does it that way. Terrible situation though. RIP Junior
Dave Duerson ex Bear, took himself out the same way, so his brain could be used for research studies on concussion related brain injuries.

Dave Duerson ex Bear, took himself out the same way, so his brain could be used for research studies on concussion related brain injuries.

I didn't say it never happened....just that it's unusual to do it that way. Obviously this news just broke so who really knows but I have yet to see anything about Junior shooting himself because of his multiple concussions. I agree with Meister that's one hell of a stretch without any evidence to support the statement. Then again the voices in TM's head are usually enough for her to be convinced.

Forum List

Back