Wow, new numbers out: Middle class income tops $59,000 under Obama

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
The middle class gets another raise

Americans enjoyed their largest two-year raise in decades.
Median household income rose to just over $59,000 in 2016, up 3.2% from a year earlier,according to data released by the U.S. Census Bureau Tuesday. That comes on top of a 5.2% increase in 2015.

"This has been two consecutive years of very strong income growth," said Trudy Renwick, assistant division chief at Census.

The strong job market drove the income increase, experts said. The U.S. economy added a total of 2 million jobs last year, ending with a 4.7% unemployment rate, down from 5% at the close of 2015.

Americans have benefited from the strengthening economy. Black families saw their median income climb 5.7% in 2016 to $39,500, while Hispanic households had a 4.3% increase to $47,675. The median income of whites rose 2% year-over-year to $65,000. Asians, who have the highest median income of $81,500, did not see a statistically significant change in income.

Also, the poverty rate ticked down to 12.7% in 2016 from 13.5% a year earlier. Some 40.6 million Americans were in poverty, 2.5 million fewer than a year earlier.

------------------------------------------

And now Trump is lying to the ignorant GOP base hoping he will bring back jobs that have been automated.

6.2 million jobs available. Companies are partnering with colleges to train for new and modern jobs.

Delta Re-Writes The Book On College Partnerships

Get the job from Delta and your salary is over a hundred grand and all the travel you want.

But remember, Republicans think college is BAD for America.

The majority of Republicans say colleges are bad for America (yes, really)

Personally, I am doing far better so far this year under Trump than I did annually for the eight years of Obummernomics, but I only give credit for that to myself.

• Banned
Personally, I am doing far better so far this year under Trump than I did annually for the eight years of Obummernomics, but I only give credit for that to myself.
Trump desperately trying to take credit for what Obama left him.

My portfolio is swollen like Puffy the Pufferfish.

gubmint jobs.PNG

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/ceshighlights.pdf

Not quite.

The middle class gets another raise

Americans enjoyed their largest two-year raise in decades.
Median household income rose to just over $59,000 in 2016, up 3.2% from a year earlier,according to data released by the U.S. Census Bureau Tuesday. That comes on top of a 5.2% increase in 2015.

"This has been two consecutive years of very strong income growth," said Trudy Renwick, assistant division chief at Census.

The strong job market drove the income increase, experts said. The U.S. economy added a total of 2 million jobs last year, ending with a 4.7% unemployment rate, down from 5% at the close of 2015.

Americans have benefited from the strengthening economy. Black families saw their median income climb 5.7% in 2016 to $39,500, while Hispanic households had a 4.3% increase to $47,675. The median income of whites rose 2% year-over-year to $65,000. Asians, who have the highest median income of $81,500, did not see a statistically significant change in income.

Also, the poverty rate ticked down to 12.7% in 2016 from 13.5% a year earlier. Some 40.6 million Americans were in poverty, 2.5 million fewer than a year earlier.

------------------------------------------

And now Trump is lying to the ignorant GOP base hoping he will bring back jobs that have been automated.

6.2 million jobs available. Companies are partnering with colleges to train for new and modern jobs.

Delta Re-Writes The Book On College Partnerships

Get the job from Delta and your salary is over a hundred grand and all the travel you want.

But remember, Republicans think college is BAD for America.

The majority of Republicans say colleges are bad for America (yes, really)
Numbers like liberals and their fake media, lie.

Obama was a great president! Probably one of the 10 best presidents we ever had! He took a cluster fuck from the republicans and turned it into gold.

He should have came out big time for unions and higher wages. If he would have done that he'd have been top 3. One of the big downfalls that led Trump is the reality that Trump used the trade issue against Clinton.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back