Wow, Joe Biden Got One RIGHT!

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Biden: 'Imagine a World in Which Hunger Is Vanquished by Crops That Don

"Imagine a world in which hunger is vanquished by crops that don't depend on the soil, water or fertilizer, or pesticides to thrive; they're just around the corner," he said.

In context he is talking about plants that dont need human beings to give them fertilizer, water, etc.

With genetic engineering, in the future we will have food crops that have the hardiness of Johnson grass (a weed almost impossible to kill). Said weeds can grow tih complete neglect, and certainly no one has to plant them.

I'm not saying that Johnson grass would be the plant used for all these modifications, though they could. There might be better plants to steal DNA from but I am skeptical.

Genetic Engineering in Agriculture

Ending World Hunger. The Promise of Biotechnology and the Threat of Antiscience Zealotry

So Bozo Biden thinks we can grow crops that don't depend on water?

And sorry but I don't want to eat genetically modified vegetables and if you were smart you wouldn't either.

And sorry but I don't want to eat genetically modified vegetables and if you were smart you wouldn't either.

Most of us already do eat such veggies, and I dont think he meant absolutely no water, but that thrive with no human provided water, like weeds do currently.

We have to dug up, burn or poison weeds, and fertilize, water, and speak gently to domesticated crops because few of them were bred for hardiness, but for other qualities.

With genetically engineered crops we can have both the hardiness of weeds and the usefulness of domesticated crops.

Most of us already do eat such veggies, and I dont think he meant absolutely no water, but that thrive with no human provided water, like weeds do currently.

We have to dug up, burn or poison weeds, and fertilize, water, and speak gently to domesticated crops because few of them were bred for hardiness, but for other qualities.

With genetically engineered crops we can have both the hardiness of weeds and the usefulness of domesticated crops.

I endeavor to buy local organic produce or grow my own.

GMO vegetables lose as much as they gain.

Compare a cardboard GMO tomato to an heirloom variety that has been unchanged in the last 100 years and I won't have to convince you not to buy GMO crap anymore.

Compare a cardboard GMO tomato to an heirloom variety that has been unchanged in the last 100 years and I won't have to convince you not to buy GMO crap anymore.

No doubt the naturally grown local veggies have far more taste and likely nutritional value.

With the GM foods we are talking quantity over quality and future costs better than current costs.

Lots of people do not have the time to grow their own.

No doubt the naturally grown local veggies have far more taste and likely nutritional value.

With the GM foods we are talking quantity over quality and future costs better than current costs.

That last line is complete and utter bullshit.

It takes very little time and very little space to grow vegetables.

Grow $700 of Food in 100 Square Feet!

Lol, YOU may have the time to do all that, but my schedule and that of many others simply wont allow going into the set up, much less the actual planting.

My wife has had vegetable gardens for years and has finally stopped a couple of years ago due to lack of time.

Just because YOU have copious amounts of time to do whatever the hell you want to doesnt mean EVERYONE has simlar time, resources and skill available.

Tens of thousands of pot growers across the country would be out of work if they did, lol.

Lol, YOU may have the time to do all that, but my schedule and that of many others simply wont allow going into the set up, much less the actual planting.

My wife has had vegetable gardens for years and has finally stopped a couple of years ago due to lack of time.

Just because YOU have copious amounts of time to do whatever the hell you want to doesnt mean EVERYONE has simlar time, resources and skill available.

Tens of thousands of pot growers across the country would be out of work if they did, lol.

Yeah I'm sure that 100% of your time is booked. NOT

I spend less than 2 hours a week in my garden. Even one in as high of demand as you surely can find a couple hours a week.

Next we need ground foliage and trees, for the Sahara, Gobi, Kalahari, Atacama, etc. If we can put that up, we get the CO2 down, and we can keep carbonic acid out of the oceans, and keep the ocean food chain.

Preventive medicine is needed. Check the die-offs, 2012.

I spend ten hours a day going to, at, and leaving work. I still have two kids living at home, a damned cat, and numerous people calling me and asking for my time.

I have a stack of books loaned to me over the years that I still have not been able to get around to reading.

YES

I spend less than 2 hours a week in my garden. Even one in as high of demand as you surely can find a couple hours a week.

And how long to do set up?

I spend ten hours a day going to, at, and leaving work. I still have two kids living at home, a damned cat, and numerous people calling me and asking for my time.

I have a stack of books loaned to me over the years that I still have not been able to get around to reading.

YES

And how long to do set up?

A Saturday afternoon.

It's only a 4 foot by 25 foot strip of earth and i grow more than enough for me and my wife to eat and can.

The "I don't have time" excuse is one of the most overused cop outs on the planet.

Some endeavors are worth making time for.

Biden must eat a lot of Monsanto cum.
I'll deal with nature as problems arise(and they do!).
GM is NOT the answer.
My Kiwi in Chile got its ass kicked with volcanic ash. The grapes seem to love it.
The guys are trying some brussel sprouts once spring arrives (confused ?) in September.

Forum List

Back