Wow, I can't believe Chis Christie slammed Mitt Romney. He won't be VP now.

Does anyone have the full context of what prompted Christie's words? The article certainly didn't.

Apparently Sallow does.
He's saying it was advice directed towards Romney.

Well, Rderp's saying that, too, but we all know how HE is!
:cuckoo:

Good grief.. Christie was talking about HIMSELF. The democrats desperation is almost funny. The remarks quoted begin around the 9 minute mark.

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie Speech at Brookings Institute: “We Need Leaders Who Are Willing To Take Risks” – 7/9/12 « Unedited Politics

Does anyone have the full context of what prompted Christie's words? The article certainly didn't.

Apparently Sallow does.

I saw the tape.

He was basically telling Romney to stop listening to his handlers and speak from his heart.

Unless of course..you think he was saying that to Obama.

Which...while not completely out of the field of possiblities..is highly unlikely.

Honestly?

I'll take YOUR word for it.

As a rule, I don't click on Rtard's links.
:thup:

Apparently Sallow does.

I saw the tape.

He was basically telling Romney to stop listening to his handlers and speak from his heart.

Which...while not completely out of the field of possiblities..is highly unlikely.

Nonsense. He was describing leadership as it applies to himself. Why must democrats forever try to attach ulterior motives to others? The man was giving a speech about LEADERSHIP and describing how his leadership allows him to get things done in New Jersey.

Apparently Sallow does.

I saw the tape.

Honestly?

I'll take YOUR word for it.

As a rule, I don't click on Rtard's links.
:thup:

Well of course not. Learning things from the Christian Science Monitor and USA Today and Time are BAD. Actually, for right wing "ilk", learning anything at all is bad. They even put it in their GOP State platforms:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/texasgop_pre/assets/original/2012Platform_Final.pdf

We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs - Seems kids might question their parents. Hilarious.

"We shouldn't be listening to political consultants whispering in our ears, 'Say as little as possible,' we shouldn't be listening to those voices that say, 'Just use the party doctrine and don't stray.' We should be telling people how we think and how we feel and let them judge us up or down," Christie said....

Jesus Christ! What has Christie been smoking? Everyone knows that would be the death of Mitt Romney's candidacy.

:eusa_clap:

"We shouldn't be listening to political consultants whispering in our ears, 'Say as little as possible,' we shouldn't be listening to those voices that say, 'Just use the party doctrine and don't stray.' We should be telling people how we think and how we feel and let them judge us up or down," Christie said....

Jesus Christ! What has Christie been smoking? Everyone knows that would be the death of Mitt Romney's candidacy.

and obama's and just about every pol in the known world

jimmy stewart won't be down for breakfast, you know

Leave Jimmy Stewart out of this. I know Jimmy Stewart from the movies, and del, you are no Jimmy Stewart.

got that Pilgrim?

Apparently Sallow does.

I saw the tape.

Nonsense. He was describing leadership as it applies to himself. Why must democrats forever try to attach ulterior motives to others? The man was giving a speech about LEADERSHIP and describing how his leadership allows him to get things done in New Jersey.

I saw it..and yeah..he was talking about how he was successful..and how <Romney> could be successful.

He didn't mention Romney by name..but I have an inkling..it was a "tough love" sort of thing.

I saw the tape.

I saw it..and yeah..he was talking about how he was successful..and how <Romney> could be successful.

He didn't mention Romney by name..but I have an inkling..it was a "tough love" sort of thing.

There was nothing there that indicated that Christie was referring to ANYONE other than himself. Any chastisement of Romney seems to be imagined by those looking for it.

Leave Jimmy Stewart out of this. I know Jimmy Stewart from the movies, and del, you are no Jimmy Stewart.

got that Pilgrim?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAjDmw6IrFg]Mr Smith Goes to Washington-"Lost Causes" - YouTube[/ame]

:D

There was nothing there that indicated that Christie was referring to ANYONE other than himself. Any chastisement of Romney seems to be imagined by those looking for it.

Don't ever go into politics..

:cool:

"Without naming him"

Sounded to me like Christie was talking about Obama.

nice try though
:lol:

Really? Funny how I know where Obama stands, just from listening to him - and you don't.

Or do you refuse to listen to Obama.

Romney hasn't said shit about shit. It's all pointing at Obama. Nobody knows what he's going to do, and the little he has said doesn't make any sense.

"Without naming him"

nice try though

Really? Funny how I know where Obama stands, just from listening to him - and you don't.

Romney hasn't said shit about shit. It's all pointing at Obama. Nobody knows what he's going to do, and the little he has said doesn't make any sense.

I listen to his stump speeches.

You read ThinkProgress e-mails.

Apparently Sallow does.

Good grief.. Christie was talking about HIMSELF. The democrats desperation is almost funny. The remarks quoted begin around the 9 minute mark.

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie Speech at Brookings Institute: “We Need Leaders Who Are Willing To Take Risks” – 7/9/12 « Unedited Politics

Dude. It's after midnight here. Next time you're going to say something hysterically funny, please do so before the household goes to bed.

Talking about himself. :rofl: :lmao:

Wow.

Good one!

"Without naming him"

nice try though

I listen to his stump speeches.

You read ThinkProgress e-mails.

However, the OP was from US News & World Report.

Rebekah Metzler is a political writer for U.S. News & World Report. You can contact her at [email protected] or follow her on Twitter.

Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure that's not ThinkProgress.

Silly people! We don't want to be making progress!

At least part of the problem for Christie is that his most salient and appealing traits – including his blunt talk and his willingness to shake up the status quo – seem anathema to Romney’s painstakingly thoughtful and cautious approach. Even those who believe Christie would make an energizing, crowd-pleasing member of the GOP ticket acknowledge the downsides.

“His personality certainly has the potential to take attention away from Romney – and it’s never a good thing for a nominee to be overshadowed by his No. 2,” says political scientist Chris Ellis of Bucknell University. “Christie’s style, while it works for New Jersey, won’t play as well in the heartland, or in places like New Hampshire.”

“There are many reasons Romney might want to keep Christie off the ticket,” wrote the Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg in a column for Bloomberg View. “Christie has an excessively large mouth. He is easily provoked. He turns up late to speeches on occasion. He doesn’t quit when he’s ahead. He is no one’s idea of a deputy. He comes from a state the Republicans can’t win, no matter what Romney does. He is a Northeastern laissez-faire Republican mistrusted by social conservatives. And, of course, he is unwieldy and overweight and makes Romney look anorexic by comparison.”

“He was always a second-tier choice because there is real risk in picking him,” said University of Virginia political scientist Larry Sabato. “He doesn’t add New Jersey [to the GOP column], and he’s likely to generate controversies along the trail. Romney wants to keep the focus on Obama and the economy.”

Another factor working against Christie is one of personal chemistry – or the lack thereof. “Romney and Christie are friendly, but they just don't seem like a match to me,” Sabato said. “Romney is super-controlled, an ultra-planner. Christie can be volatile, somewhat unpredictable and uncontrolled, and cut from a very different cloth in most respects.”

“I also noted the Romney staff leaked that Christie had been late to a meeting with Romney,” Sabato added. “Tardiness is a no-no in Romney World, a sign of insufficient organization and courtesy. In sum, I just don’t see the fit being a good one.”

Craig Shirley, a Ronald Reagan biographer, told The Fiscal Times that while Christie fits the bill at one level, because he has “a populist appeal outside of the elite country-club wing of the Republican Party” that Romney represents, “a lot of conservatives hold him at arm’s length because of his views on [social] issues. There are questions on the part of the right.”

Shirley added, “At some point, you get beyond personality politics and you start wearing out your welcome. There are only three resources in any presidential campaign: people, time and money. Romney needs time to make a case against Barack Obama. And every day that’s focused on Bain Capital, or focused on Romney in the Hamptons, or on Romney hobnobbing with elites, or on the personality of a Chris Christie, that’s one less day to make the case against Barack Obama.”

Is Chris Christie Off Romney

Forum List

Back