Wow, I can't believe Chis Christie slammed Mitt Romney. He won't be VP now.

R

rdean

"We shouldn't be listening to political consultants whispering in our ears, 'Say as little as possible,' we shouldn't be listening to those voices that say, 'Just use the party doctrine and don't stray.' We should be telling people how we think and how we feel and let them judge us up or down," Christie said. "You can't lead by being a mystery. You can't lead by being an enigma. You can't lead by being aloof. You can't lead by being programmed. I think you have to lead by being yourself and who you are and then people will trust you."

Romney, the Republican presidential nominee, has faced criticism throughout his career for being a political opportunist lacking core principles. He currently opposes gay marriage, supports pro-life movements, and is an advocate for Second Amendment rights, stances he did not hold during his 1994 Senate campaign or his time as Masssachusetts governor.

Perhaps Romney's most glaring reversal has been his stance on requiring individuals to purchase health insurance, a key portion of the health care reform law he passed in Massachusetts and touted as a model for national expansion. He now opposes the same mandate in President Obama's law.

Gov. Chris Christie Criticizes Mitt Romney without naming him (usnews.com)

300px-D-type_Transparent_Latch_(NOR).svg.png

Obviously he will never be VP.

"Without naming him"
:cuckoo:

Sounded to me like Christie was talking about Obama.

nice try though
:lol:

"Programmed"?

He definitely wasn't talking about Obama.

You can say lots of things about Obama..but programmed ain't one of them.

Really. Obama has made the left angry by extending the Bush tax cuts. By expanding gun rights. By not fighting for the public option. By not slamming Republicans. By making nearly half the stimulus tax cuts. A whole slew of things.

wow this is not paying attention christie doesnt care what people think. hes done it on his own he doesnt need romney and if he passed on being president hes passing on being VP or else hed have it by now.

most likely he was talking about a certain democrat but even if he was talking romney he endorsed romney i believe so hes just saying what he believes.

"Without naming him"

nice try though

"Programmed"?

Get him away from the Teleprompter and say that with a straight face
:eusa_shifty:

The Teleprompter thing is so yesterday.

No one refers to Obama as a robot.

Romney?

:badgrin:

In any case..he's not going to be giving helpful hints to the opposition. He still wants Romney to win. That's why he's telling him to "be himself"...

Which..is quite impossible..by the way.

"Without naming him"

nice try though

"Programmed"?

Lol, Obamabots.... What happens when Obama does not have a script in front of him that someone else wrote? Should we get the video?

As for the OP. For this to be an attack of Mitt wouldn't he have to you, mention his name? It sounded like it was just advice to the voters and the people we vote for...

wow this is not paying attention christie doesnt care what people think. hes done it on his own he doesnt need romney and if he passed on being president hes passing on being VP or else hed have it by now.

most likely he was talking about a certain democrat but even if he was talking romney he endorsed romney i believe so hes just saying what he believes.

I agree with you here. Christie surprised me the first time when he appointed a Muslim judge to the bench to the wails and gnashing of the Tea Party.

That was a remarkably brave and independent thing to do.

I might add..Liberal.

:eusa_whistle:

"Programmed"?

Romney?

In any case..he's not going to be giving helpful hints to the opposition. He still wants Romney to win. That's why he's telling him to "be himself"...

You really really really can't be honest about Obama can you? Remember how out of touch and retarded the Bush-bots sounded, that's you today, as an Obama-bot.

"Without naming him"

nice try though

"Programmed"?

Santorum: Romney uses teleprompters, I don't - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Oops.

Obama Goes To GOP Lions' Den -- And Mauls The Lions without a teleprompter

Double

Oops.

Romney?

You really really really can't be honest about Obama can you? Remember how out of touch and retarded the Bush-bots sounded, that's you today, as an Obama-bot.

Ah..so you think Christie is giving Obama advice on how to win the election?

Interesting.

I agree with you here. Christie surprised me the first time when he appointed a Muslim judge to the bench to the wails and gnashing of the Tea Party.

That was a remarkably brave and independent thing to do.

I might add..Liberal.

:eusa_whistle:

How was it liberal? No, really... break it down for us all... How was it liberal? Do liberals appoint minorities for the sake of appointing minorities or something? It can’t just be a Republican appointed someone based off their work history?

What it seems like to me is when Republicans do something you agree with you call it “liberal” so tomorrow you can still call Republicans white and racist.

Romney?

Yea, because defending saving the auto industry, bringing health care to millions of Americans, taking out Bin Laden and most of al Qaeda are all "bad" things.

"Good things" are the war in Iraq. Letting Bin Laden go. Deregulating the economy to the point of destruction. How people were helped after Katrina. Tax cuts for billionaires. Moving jobs to China. All right wing Republican "success" stories. They are so good at what they do.

Romney?

Ah..so you think Christie is giving Obama advice on how to win the election?

Interesting.

I said what I think, I said I think it was an open statement to politicians and voters... You read too much into it looking for targeted insulates because you’re a hack .

Does anyone have the full context of what prompted Christie's words? The article certainly didn't.

Romney?

Yea, because defending saving the auto industry, bringing health care to millions of Americans, taking out Bin Laden and most of al Qaeda are all "bad" things.

"Good things" are the war in Iraq. Letting Bin Laden go. Deregulating the economy to the point of destruction. How people were helped after Katrina. Tax cuts for billionaires. Moving jobs to China. All right wing Republican "success" stories. They are so good at what they do.

Clinton and his congress deregulated the housing markets, Bush passed TARP to save the auto industry (bullshit policy btw) Obama failed to "plug the hole" VS Bush's Katrina, Bush passed HC too and look at the retarded mess we're in and Obama started a war with Libya, expanded Afghanistan and had to be kicked the fuck out of Iraq on BUSH'S timetable or we would still be there like Obama wants.

Rtard. You’re a fucking joke. Run off Obama killed OBL, no one fucking cares but Conservatives anyways seeing as during the Bush era most you Obama-bots wanted OBL to attack us again.

Does anyone have the full context of what prompted Christie's words? The article certainly didn't.

Apparently Sallow does.
He's saying it was advice directed towards Romney.

Well, Rderp's saying that, too, but we all know how HE is!

I saw the tape.

He was basically telling Romney to stop listening to his handlers and speak from his heart.

Unless of course..you think he was saying that to Obama.

Which...while not completely out of the field of possiblities..is highly unlikely.

Forum List

Back