Wow, Harris is out of her mind.

It's fine with me if people want to elect people of their same religion, but when nutjobs like this woman, Harris, say that god has put people like bush in power, myself (and anyother sane person) has to take a step back and realize how psychotic that sounds. Even "political and christian officials" were amazed at how outlandish and untruthful her comments were.

Christians would tend to believe the Bible:

1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you.

It's natural that non-believers to rebel against principles of God, so I don't blame you for your ignorance of THE truth. My heart goes out to ya.

Fuck you, i'm a producer as most conservatives are, you take your welfare state leach ass and leave.

Really? I'd put my education, income and productivity up against yours any day of the week. (Although you do have an awful loud mouth... I'll give you that much). I'd put's Grump's productivity up against yours any day of the week. as well.

So you can piss up a rope, dearie. :finger3:

There is something wrong with wanting to be detached or intolerant of immoral acts? Jesus taught us to reject sin, not to embrace it as part of a more "global" view of the world. And yes, when you believe you're right about something you try to spread the idea, don't tell me secular liberals don't do the same.

Nothing wrong with trying to live by a certain life code... so long as you only impose it on yourself. And, frankly, while Jesus said a lot of very good stuff, I don't care to have his "teachings" imposed on me. Thanks very much. Hence, sin shouldn't ever be the subject of legislation.

BTW, "secularism" isn't a belief system. It's the ABSENSE of faith from GOVERNMENT mandates. What people choose to believe in their personal lives is up to them.

And I'll thank you to keep yours away from me cause every time religious zealots get going, bad stuff happens to everyone else until the normal folk can get them under control again.

There you go again. Trying to ram your beliefs down my throat.

RAM? huh...That's stupid. Honestly it's stupid.

Please - ANYONE - explain to me why, when countered with OTHER beliefs, some people are weak-minded to the point where they feel the opposing view point is being 'rammed down their throat'.

Hillarious.

Nothing wrong with trying to live by a certain life code... so long as you only impose it on yourself. And, frankly, while Jesus said a lot of very good stuff, I don't care to have his "teachings" imposed on me. Thanks very much. Hence, sin shouldn't ever be the subject of legislation.

BTW, "secularism" isn't a belief system. It's the ABSENSE of faith from GOVERNMENT mandates. What people choose to believe in their personal lives is up to them.

And I'll thank you to keep yours away from me cause every time religious zealots get going, bad stuff happens to everyone else until the normal folk can get them under control again.

It is impossible to separate religious and philosophical beliefs from legislation. Every piece of legislation is a values judgment.

Really? I'd put my education, income and productivity up against yours any day of the week. (Although you do have an awful loud mouth... I'll give you that much). I'd put's Grump's productivity up against yours any day of the week. as well.

Shhhh, don't enlighten those that don't want to be enlightened. That's the same thing as them pushing their religion on the non-religious.

Nothing wrong with trying to live by a certain life code... so long as you only impose it on yourself. And, frankly, while Jesus said a lot of very good stuff, I don't care to have his "teachings" imposed on me.

Being 'told' Jesus' teachings is NOT 'imposing' them upon you. I believe you honestly think Freedom OF religion means freedom FROM religion, in government.

So in America we should be tolerant of things thar are wrong in most eyes? Why? Because we might offend the offender?

Your attitude is an absolutely pefect example of what is wrong in America.

I think more of us would say the same about yours. And your assumption that "most" think like you is really sad for a young'un. Maybe when you grow up, you'll get some wisdom to go along with that mouth.

Being 'told' Jesus' teachings is NOT 'imposing' them upon you. I believe you honestly think Freedom OF religion means freedom FROM religion, in government.

It DOES mean freedom from religion. And while it might be interesting to discuss theology over a cup of coffee with people who have curiosity and knowledge about such things, I'm really not interested in being proselytized. And I particularly want anyone trying to proselytize my son as far away from him as humanly possible.

That answer your question?

Please - ANYONE - explain to me why, when countered with OTHER beliefs, some people are weak-minded to the point where they feel the opposing view point is being 'rammed down their throat'.

Hillarious.

How is it any different than the claims of homosexuality being rammed down peoples' throats?

How is it any different than the claims of homosexuality being rammed down peoples' throats?

Who is 'forcing' people to accept christianity? Who is forcing Schools to Teach kids to accept, condone, and celebrate 'christianty'? What centuries-old practices and traditions and laws is Christianity trying to over-turn because of a 'behaviour'?

You know the difference.

Hillarious.

"weak-minded" lol

When you tell me that what the bible says is "THE truth" (caps mean you're putting force into the words), you are telling me that I am wrong and you are right. If that's not ramming your beliefs, then I don't know what is, outside of physical force.

"weak-minded" lol

When you tell me that what the bible says is "THE truth" (caps mean you're putting force into the words), you are telling me that I am wrong and you are right. If that's not ramming your beliefs, then I don't know what is, outside of physical force.

I'm saying "You are wrong, and The Bible is Right."

Honey, you are a lawyer, how are you productive in any way, shape or form?

Why do you always speak for Grump? Why does Grump let women speak for him? Very unmanly.

I produce circles around your ass, honey.

I'm saying "You are wrong, and The Bible is Right."

From another of your posts in this thread:

1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you.

Do you honestly believe that this applies to our government and elected officials? How would you explain the establishment of the Nixon, Carter, and Clinton administrations then?

Forum List

Back