WOW! GOP caught on video lying about reconciliation.

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Rachel Maddow Show

If you watch this, the host shows clips of GOP leaders speaking out of all sides of their mouths. Even better...she shows FOX News news programs doing what they say only opinion shows do...take partisan swipes and feed propaganda.

I am no great fan of the host, but the facts speak for themselves.

:evil:

Rachel Maddow Show

If you watch this, the host shows clips of GOP leaders speaking out of all sides of their mouths. Even better...she shows FOX News news programs doing what they say only opinion shows do...take partisan swipes and feed propaganda.

GOP says reconciliation should not be used for an entitlement issue.

1) deficit reduction act 2005 with VP Cheney making tie breaking vote....issue? medicaid...entitlement. reconciliation used

2) 1989 Omnibus budget reconciliation act. issue: medicare doctor payment system overhauled.

Dems need to use reconciliation to pass ObamaCare only because I've never seen a political party lose 100 House seats in a single election

That alone will make it worthwhile

Dems need to use reconciliation to pass ObamaCare only because I've never seen a political party lose 100 House seats in a single election

what did you predict in 2006?

December 02, 2007 3:03 pm ET

Trouble viewing clip? Download: QT | WMV

SUMMARY: On Fox News Sunday, Karl Rove stated, "I'm confident the Republican candidates are going to have enough money to make enough damage out of this record to make gains in the Congress." Host Chris Wallace did not note Rove's incorrect prediction that Republicans would retain control of Congress in the 2006 elections or Rove's incorrect predictions about the 2000 presidential election
-mediamatters Ignoring his flawed 2006 forecast, Wallace allowed Rove to predict GOP "gains in the Congress" in 2008 | Media Matters for America

Rachel Maddow Show

you and rachel got the red itch tonight huh? we got an ointment for that! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

what did you predict in 2006?

December 02, 2007 3:03 pm ET

Trouble viewing clip? Download: QT | WMV

SUMMARY: On Fox News Sunday, Karl Rove stated, "I'm confident the Republican candidates are going to have enough money to make enough damage out of this record to make gains in the Congress." Host Chris Wallace did not note Rove's incorrect prediction that Republicans would retain control of Congress in the 2006 elections or Rove's incorrect predictions about the 2000 presidential election
-mediamatters Ignoring his flawed 2006 forecast, Wallace allowed Rove to predict GOP "gains in the Congress" in 2008 | Media Matters for America

I predicted the Yankees in 6, same as every other year since 1964

Rachel Maddow Show

1) deficit reduction act 2005 with VP Cheney making tie breaking vote....issue? medicaid...entitlement. reconciliation used

2) 1989 Omnibus budget reconciliation act. issue: medicare doctor payment system overhauled.
Wow....I used to think you had a little brains and were merely a shameless troll. Now I'm certain you're a stone schmuck.

Medicare/Medicaid spending issues are over budgetary consideration of entitlement legislation that has already been passed, not passage of it in and of itself.

I'd expect that such a distinction would get past a mouth-breather like rdean or sallybooboo...But really. :lol::lol::lol:

Rachel Maddow Show

Wow....I used to think you had a little brains and were merely a shameless troll. Now I'm certain you're a stone schmuck.

Medicare/Medicaid spending issues are over budgetary consideration of entitlement legislation that has already been passed, not passage of it in and of itself.

I'd expect that such a distinction would get past a mouth-breather like rdean or sallybooboo...But really. :lol::lol::lol:

all of a sudden, nuance is important and reconciliation is bad?

I see. Wingnut dis-ease.

:cuckoo:

Republicans and conservatives are for reconciliation before they are against it. It's all clear now

Last edited:
The Repubs have used reconcilliation 14 times since 1980, the Dems have used it 8 times. Just to be fair, I think we should use it at least six more times this year.

You are either a stone dope or acting like one on purpose.

I'm starting to lean toward the former.

Watching from here it smacks of a narcissistic manic phase .
Ive never seen someone so thrilled with the freedom to start threads before .

I'm not manic yet.

You have no clue, but we digress.

fuck off

:cool:
dD

snapshot2.JPG

The Repubs have used reconcilliation 14 times since 1980, the Dems have used it 8 times. Just to be fair, I think we should use it at least six more times this year.

If, like the other times, it were on budgetary issues... I would say knock yourself out DEMs

But of course you conveniently omit that part of the story

Rachel Maddow Show

You do realize that those are both budget issues right? You know, the budget, what reconciliation was designed to do.

And suddenly now they think it is bad??

No, I didn't make up the 84.6% figure either. You can see full votes on all reconciliation bills for all current GOP Senators (in a handy table no less) at:

thefourthbranch [dot] com

budget reconciliation process

Try and understand a word omitted can change the meaning of something

Reconciliation bills ARE budget reconciliation bills. Not sure what you are getting at. All reconciliation bills must comply with the Byrd Rule.

If you are going to use it for budget issues, which it is designed for, fine. Otherwise you cant avoid the Fillibuster.

Forum List

Back