Wow! France...Wow.....France Gets It Right?

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
PARIS, February 16, 2006 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A government commission set up at the request of the President of the French National Assembly has concluded that homosexual ‘marriage’ and adoption by homosexual couples, and medically assisted procreation for homosexual couples should not be permitted by law. The decisive factor to the report's conclusions, after an investigation of more than a year, was the commission’s decision to act “to affirm and protect children’s rights and the primacy of those rights over adults’ aspirations.”

The Information Mission, as the commission was called, was to propose any change to the law and to administrative practices that were necessary to better protect the rights of the child and to reflect changes in the French family. The commission’s report, the Parliamentary Report on the Family and the Rights of Children, released January 27, 2006 did acknowledge that the French family has altered significantly, becoming “more diverse and less institutionalized”, but recommended nonetheless that in the best interests of children homosexual ‘marriage’ should remain prohibited.

The Information Mission made every effort to hear all views on the subject. It organized 14 round tables and heard 130 people from the diversity of French society. It travelled to Spain, the United Kingdom, Belgium, the Netherlands and Canada to assess the reforms that have been undertaken in other countries.

The report sets out 100 proposals that require amendments to existing statutory or regulatory provisions.

The Mission considered demands for marriage to be made available to same-sex couples, and was of the view that it “is not possible to think about marriage separately from filiation: the two questions are closely connected, in that marriage is organized around the child.” Said the report: “ Marriage is not merely the contractual recognition of the love between a couple; it is a framework that imposes rights and duties, and that is designed to provide for the care and harmonious development of the child. Foreign examples demonstrate this: countries that have made marriage available to same-sex couples have all, simultaneously or subsequently, authorized adoption by those couples and developed systems for assisted procreation or surrogate gestation, to enable those couples to have children.”

The report stated: “It would in fact be incoherent, if couples were regarded as equal, to remove the prohibition on marriage and preserve it for filiation.”

Summing up its decision process on the matter, the Information Mission says, “Making marriage available to same-sex couples therefore presupposes that they will also be given the right to adopt and receive medical assistance for procreation, and even the right to use surrogate mothers, because such couples are not fertile. The Mission is divided on this subject. It considered the consequences for the child’s development and the construction of his or her identity of creating a fictitious filiation by law – two fathers, or two mothers – which is biologically neither real nor plausible. Diametrically opposed representations were made by the people heard on this point, and they failed to persuade a majority of the Mission to support recognizing a right to a child or a right to marriage, for same-sex couples. A majority of the Mission does not wish to question the fundamental principles of the law of filiation, which are based on the tripartite unit of ‘a father, a mother, a child’, citing the principle of caution. For that reason, that majority also, logically, chose to deny access to marriage to same-sex couples.”

See the full French Parliamentary Report (in French):
http://www.assemblee-nationale.fr/12/dossiers/mission_famill...

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2006/feb/06021601.html

I'd say that this ruling is a blow to the homosexual cause, but think of the confusion THAT would create...

I'm really glad that the French government and other governments have the best interests of the child at heart...it would be nice if they would focus on the thousands of cases of abuse that occur each day instead of telling gays they can't marry or adopt.

liberalogic said:
I'm really glad that the French government and other governments have the best interests of the child at heart...it would be nice if they would focus on the thousands of cases of abuse that occur each day instead of telling gays they can't marry or adopt.

One thing at a time is a pretty good pace.

dilloduck said:
One thing at a time is a pretty good pace.

If there were actually any credible evidence showing that children having gay parents was detrimental to their well-being, I might agree with you. As it stands, there is no evidence to even suggest that gay parents are any better, or worse, than their traditional counterparts. The children I've met who have gay parents are as bright and well adjusted as any other children I meet. Having seen several of them grow through adolescence into adulthood and marriage, There was no apparent damage to their sexual orientation.

Bullypulpit said:
If there were actually any credible evidence showing that children having gay parents was detrimental to their well-being, I might agree with you. As it stands, there is no evidence to even suggest that gay parents are any better, or worse, than their traditional counterparts. The children I've met who have gay parents are as bright and well adjusted as any other children I meet. Having seen several of them grow through adolescence into adulthood and marriage, There was no apparent damage to their sexual orientation.

And I've met children of gay "parents" that were screwed up beyond belief due to all the funky crap they'd been through. The statistics, however, favor the French ruling in this case. Personal experience doesn't trump that.

Hobbit said:
And I've met children of gay "parents" that were screwed up beyond belief due to all the funky crap they'd been through. The statistics, however, favor the French ruling in this case. Personal experience doesn't trump that.

No, but the studies cited <a href=http://www.colage.org/research/facts.html#facts>HERE</a> do.

Bullypulpit said:
No, but the studies cited <a href=http://www.colage.org/research/facts.html#facts>HERE</a> do.

# People with LGBT parents have the same incidence of homosexuality as the general population, about 10%. No research has ever shown that LGBT parents have any affect on the sexuality of their children. (Patterson, Charlotte J. 1992)

The general scientific consensus is that the "10% of the general population" claim was vastly inflated by homosexual activists; the true number has been revised downward to 1-2%. Www.colage.org, then, has two options: admit that their numbers are likewise falsified, or accept that these children are as many as TEN TIMES more likely to be homosexuals. Not much of a choice, is it?

Bullypulpit said:
# Studies have shown that people with LGBT parents are more open-minded about a wide variety of things than people with straight parents. (Harris and Turner, 1985/86)
# Daughters of lesbians have higher self-esteem than daughters of straight women. Sons are more caring and less aggressive. (Hoeffer, 1981)

"A wide variety of things"..."higher self-esteem"..."more caring..." - Wow! Isn't hard, objective, measurable science wonderful? How could the French have failed to avail themselves of these indisputable, myth-busting conclusions?

Bullypulpit said:
# Most "problems" that kids of LGBT parents face actually stem from the challenges of dealing with divorce and the homophobia and transphobia in society rather then the sexual orientation or gender identity of their parents

Ah, so it's SOCIETY'S fault! Now, there's a fresh, daring concept. :sleep:

The only thing that anyone should be concerned with when it comes to parenting is that parents, whether gay or straight, raise the children in a comfortable, nurturing environment. There will be parents on both sides of the sexual preference spectrum who will suck...that's a given. If gay people are going to adopt, just like a heterosexual couple might, the only condition should be that they are suitable parents. No child should be raised to be gay or straight-- that is for him/her to figure out. If a gay couple makes it clear to the children that being gay is not the only way, then there is no problem whatsoever.

liberalogic said:
The only thing that anyone should be concerned with when it comes to parenting is that parents, whether gay or straight, raise the children in a comfortable, nurturing environment. There will be parents on both sides of the sexual preference spectrum who will suck...that's a given. If gay people are going to adopt, just like a heterosexual couple might, the only condition should be that they are suitable parents. No child should be raised to be gay or straight-- that is for him/her to figure out. If a gay couple makes it clear to the children that being gay is not the only way, then there is no problem whatsoever.

How is a male child going to learn how to be a male from two gay female "parents" ?

dilloduck said:
How is a male child going to learn how to be a male from two gay female "parents" ?

Your being much too logical for the liberals......tone it down! lol

Hobbit said:

One of the most screwed up people that I know came from such a family. His sister was no prize either.

dilloduck said:
Your right--I'm really beginning to wonder why I waste my time. :bangheads

I know the feeling. But keep trying, because who knows, maybe you will plant a seed of logic into just one liberal head out there. Remember, your'e doing God's work, Dillo. :halo:

dilloduck said:

How is a male child going to learn how to be a male from a single mother? What if her husband died? What if he ran off? So by your logic, we should then take boys away from ALL households with single mothers (regardless of how they became single).

In today's society the gender stereotype has become much more lenient. It's not like the 1950s where dad goes to work, mom cleans and cooks, and they all eat dinner together. The individual has to define himself; he does not have to fit any sort of traditional mould.

And again, how many bad behaviors do young boys pick up from their fathers? What boggles my mind is that you are so concerned with the prevention of screwing kids up, yet I don't hear you complaining about the abuse that so many parents inflict upon their children. To me, that takes precedent over gay people creating families. Remember, gay people have to adopt, therefore, they will be subject to the scrutiny of child welfare offices. If they can provide a safe and nurturing home, that is most important. I'd rather have a boy grow up with two caring mothers than grow up with an abusive father just so he can "learn to be a man."

liberalogic said:
How is a male child going to learn how to be a male from a single mother? What if her husband died? What if he ran off? So by your logic, we should then take boys away from ALL households with single mothers (regardless of how they became single).

at least a single hetero mother might appreciate the problem--a lesbo is gonna find another chick to queer off with
In today's society the gender stereotype has become much more lenient. It's not like the 1950s where dad goes to work, mom cleans and cooks, and they all eat dinner together. The individual has to define himself; he does not have to fit any sort of traditional mould.

Exactly and look at the damn problem LENIENCY has caused
And again, how many bad behaviors do young boys pick up from their fathers? What boggles my mind is that you are so concerned with the prevention of screwing kids up, yet I don't hear you complaining about the abuse that so many parents inflict upon their children. To me, that takes precedent over gay people creating families. Remember, gay people have to adopt, therefore, they will be subject to the scrutiny of child welfare offices. If they can provide a safe and nurturing home, that is most important. I'd rather have a boy grow up with two caring mothers than grow up with an abusive father just so he can "learn to be a man."

just as many habits as good ones I imagine---at least they are MALES. Forcing a male to be raised by two lesbos IS abuse.

liberalogic said:
He didn't say take them away. He said don't give them in the first place.

dilloduck said:
just as many habits as good ones I imagine---at least they are MALES. Forcing a male to be raised by two lesbos IS abuse.

What problem has this leniency caused? The ability of people to be able to be who they are and not what society dictates? That sounds more rational than the traditional male and female.

And it's not abuse to have two "lesbos" as mothers. Would you rather a child live with an abusive father just to learn to be a man, or would you rather him be adopted by two kind-hearted lesbians? I'd go with the latter of the two any day. The boy will figure out who he is as time progresses.

dilloduck said:

Prove your assertion. Or will the facts simply get in the way of your prejudices?

Forum List

Back