WoW forums

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
WARNING!!!! This is a rant!

Ok, I've been sifting through the World of Warcraft boards from time to time to find a few good ideas, character build, and player strategies. Many times I find these things, but first I have to sift through the pile of crap left there by fanboys of other RPG's, most of them having never seen an MMO, or fanboys of Warcraft and Diablo who get off on fan pictures of Kerrigan getting it on with Jaina Proudmore and the Amazon. Here's the typical thread, only more readable. Keep in mind that their screen names are also their character names, not their account names. You pick the character to post as when you log in and can switch later.

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

OMG THE PALADIN AND SHAMAN ARE SO OVERPOWERED AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY CAN HEAL THEMSELVES BLIZZARD SHOULD NERF THEM ALL AND MAKE [insert name of non-paladin, non-shaman class here] SO MUCH MORE POWERFUL SO I CAN PVP PEOPLE OMG I LOST TO A PALADIN JUST A FEW MINUTES AGO AND IT WAS SO UNFAIR AND HE KILLED ME AND THEN TAUNTED ME BY SAYING "GG" HE WAS SUCH AN @$$ BUT YOU SHOULDA SEEN ME GANKING THOSE STUPID NOOBS IN ASHENVALE I EVEN KILLED SOME GUY WHO WAS 12 LVLS LOWER THAN ME OMG HE'S SUCH A NOOB ROFLCOPTER LOLLERSKATES!!!111!!!1!111!111!!

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISOOL5573:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOL5573:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOL5573:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOL5573:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOL5573:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOL5573:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOL5573:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

Arcturus(me):

Nobody cares. There's about a billion other posts just like this one and the Blizzard reps are trying to consolidate them into one big thread. Not only that, but there's something that post needs. Well, there's a lot of things. Let's start with lowercase letters. A couple of periods would be nice, but they need to be spread out, unlike the exclamation marks on this page. Now, there should also be a point with a few specifics to back it up. You know, it would probably be better to just let this thread die and try again.

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

I like the threads that actually mean something, but GEEZ, this is rediculous. What's worse is that here's what the actual chat logs look like in a ROLE-PLAYING SERVER.

Ilikeham: can ne1 help me with defias quest
RoXoRzzzz: haha n00b. their's abotu 5000 defias qusts and there all so ez.
Lehan (me): (ooc-guys, this is an RP server, so let's try to stay in character) Which quest have you been sent on, good sir? I might be able to assist you in ridding these lands of that foul menace.
RoXoRzzz: stfu n00b. nobody cares.
Ilikeham: is teh 1 n elwyn forest
RoXoRzzz: hahahahahaha. cud u b ne more n00bish.
Lehan: (ooc-seriously, guys. type like human beings and act like your characters) There are many foul Defias in these woods. Could you be a little more specific?
RoXoRzzz: OMG, u r suck a LUSER.
To RoXoRzzz: ooc-stop it with that attitude and get into character or I will report you. I should do it anyway with that name of yours, but I'll give you a second chance.
[whisper] from RoXoRzzz: stop being suck a n00b, you !@#. go ahead adn report me, but if u do, ill !@#$%^& kill u.
/ignore RoXoRzzz
Ilikeham: its teh 1 were u hav 2 xplor jasperloeb mien.
Lehan: Well, any guard worth his salt would have given you directions. Didn't you write it down in your journal? (ooc-PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE at least TRY to stay in character and type like you actually know English)
Ilikeham: wut do u mean?
Lehan: ooc-"Didn't you write it down?" is RP for "it should say so in your quest log." The hotkey's 'L' by default.
Ilikeham: but i dont no were teh mine is
Ilikeham: STFU. IM NO A N00B.
Lehan: Just follow the directions. It's actually pretty hard to miss. (ooc-seriously dude, get in character and look at the directions. it's really very easy)
Ilikeham: cud u jus sho mee?
Lehan: I'm afraid not. I have other important business to attend to. (ooc-that's it! now i know you're just lazy. you don't want hints, you want to be led around by the hand. both of you, consider yourselves reported.)
/ignore Ilikeham

Sure, they get banned when I report them, but then even MORE show up to take their places. HELP! I'm losing faith in humanity.

Hobbit said:
WARNING!!!! This is a rant!

Ok, I've been sifting through the World of Warcraft boards from time to time to find a few good ideas, character build, and player strategies. Many times I find these things, but first I have to sift through the pile of crap left there by fanboys of other RPG's, most of them having never seen an MMO, or fanboys of Warcraft and Diablo who get off on fan pictures of Kerrigan getting it on with Jaina Proudmore and the Amazon. Here's the typical thread, only more readable. Keep in mind that their screen names are also their character names, not their account names. You pick the character to post as when you log in and can switch later.

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

OMG THE PALADIN AND SHAMAN ARE SO OVERPOWERED AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY CAN HEAL THEMSELVES BLIZZARD SHOULD NERF THEM ALL AND MAKE [insert name of non-paladin, non-shaman class here] SO MUCH MORE POWERFUL SO I CAN PVP PEOPLE OMG I LOST TO A PALADIN JUST A FEW MINUTES AGO AND IT WAS SO UNFAIR AND HE KILLED ME AND THEN TAUNTED ME BY SAYING "GG" HE WAS SUCH AN @$$ BUT YOU SHOULDA SEEN ME GANKING THOSE STUPID NOOBS IN ASHENVALE I EVEN KILLED SOME GUY WHO WAS 12 LVLS LOWER THAN ME OMG HE'S SUCH A NOOB ROFLCOPTER LOLLERSKATES!!!111!!!1!111!111!!

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISOOL5573:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOL5573:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOL5573:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOL5573:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOL5573:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOL5573:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOL5573:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

Arcturus(me):

Nobody cares. There's about a billion other posts just like this one and the Blizzard reps are trying to consolidate them into one big thread. Not only that, but there's something that post needs. Well, there's a lot of things. Let's start with lowercase letters. A couple of periods would be nice, but they need to be spread out, unlike the exclamation marks on this page. Now, there should also be a point with a few specifics to back it up. You know, it would probably be better to just let this thread die and try again.

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

OMGLEGOLASISSOCOOLXxXx:

/bump

I like the threads that actually mean something, but GEEZ, this is rediculous. What's worse is that here's what the actual chat logs look like in a ROLE-PLAYING SERVER.

Ilikeham: can ne1 help me with defias quest
RoXoRzzzz: haha n00b. their's abotu 5000 defias qusts and there all so ez.
Lehan (me): (ooc-guys, this is an RP server, so let's try to stay in character) Which quest have you been sent on, good sir? I might be able to assist you in ridding these lands of that foul menace.
RoXoRzzz: stfu n00b. nobody cares.
Ilikeham: is teh 1 n elwyn forest
RoXoRzzz: hahahahahaha. cud u b ne more n00bish.
Lehan: (ooc-seriously, guys. type like human beings and act like your characters) There are many foul Defias in these woods. Could you be a little more specific?
RoXoRzzz: OMG, u r suck a LUSER.
To RoXoRzzz: ooc-stop it with that attitude and get into character or I will report you. I should do it anyway with that name of yours, but I'll give you a second chance.
[whisper] from RoXoRzzz: stop being suck a n00b, you !@#. go ahead adn report me, but if u do, ill !@#$%^& kill u.
/ignore RoXoRzzz
Ilikeham: its teh 1 were u hav 2 xplor jasperloeb mien.
Lehan: Well, any guard worth his salt would have given you directions. Didn't you write it down in your journal? (ooc-PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE at least TRY to stay in character and type like you actually know English)
Ilikeham: wut do u mean?
Lehan: ooc-"Didn't you write it down?" is RP for "it should say so in your quest log." The hotkey's 'L' by default.
Ilikeham: but i dont no were teh mine is
Ilikeham: STFU. IM NO A N00B.
Lehan: Just follow the directions. It's actually pretty hard to miss. (ooc-seriously dude, get in character and look at the directions. it's really very easy)
Ilikeham: cud u jus sho mee?
Lehan: I'm afraid not. I have other important business to attend to. (ooc-that's it! now i know you're just lazy. you don't want hints, you want to be led around by the hand. both of you, consider yourselves reported.)
/ignore Ilikeham

Sure, they get banned when I report them, but then even MORE show up to take their places. HELP! I'm losing faith in humanity.
And that is an example of why I dislike MMPOLGs

Might I suggest Everquest 2? Hehe. Seriously though.

Generally speaking there is mature player base, and there are two role-playing servers.

Not into rp-ing myself, but most people I find are pretty considerate and helpful on my non-rp server.

Zhukov said:
Might I suggest Everquest 2? Hehe. Seriously though.

Generally speaking there is mature player base, and there are two role-playing servers.

Not into rp-ing myself, but most people I find are pretty considerate and helpful on my non-rp server.

Actually, I just try to avoid much of the forums and I really duck the idiots in the game. However, I try to be nice and considerate like most of the people on DAOC in the vague hope that it's contagious.

Zhukov said:
A friend of mine told me that Halo2 was rife with cheating. Invicibility codes and all sorts of other exploits. I haven't played it in awhile myself.
now why would anyone have to cheat on either Halo's? how freaking much easier does it need to get?

gop_jeff said:
No joke... pick up a gun and start shooting. That's my idea of fun! :firing:
its pretty sad, my 5 year old nephew can beat both games, but people feel the need to cheat at it?

No, they cheat online, when they are playing against other people.

People compete online for best kill ratio, most accuracy, world rankings, things like that.

People are cheating so you can't kill them, thus inflating their stats.

Zhukov said:
No, they cheat online, when they are playing against other people.

People compete online for best kill ratio, most accuracy, world rankings, things like that.

People are cheating so you can't kill them, thus inflating their stats.
thats the part that chaps my ass. there is no way that your going to live through 5 point blank shotgun blast at close range. but yet they do.
im not sure they know they are ruining it for everyone else.

Johnney said:
thats the part that chaps my ass. there is no way that your going to live through 5 point blank shotgun blast at close range. but yet they do.
im not sure they know they are ruining it for everyone else.

I'm sure they are giggling to themselves, and that's all that matters to them.

Forum List

Back