Wow, even CNN analysts say McCain did better.

Wow, that is unfortunate. It's rather clear that these debates are far more of a game than a judgment of actual ability for presidency.

Oh man. Looking at those "reasons" for these grades, it is so obvious how silly all of this is. The media doesn't take this seriously at all, because Americans don't actually understand most of it. Whatever the media says is what the public will think. God damnit, this is all such a disgusting popularity contest.

Wow, that is unfortunate. It's rather clear that these debates are far more of a game than a judgment of actual ability for presidency.

Oh man. Looking at those "reasons" for these grades, it is so obvious how silly all of this is. The media doesn't take this seriously at all, because Americans don't actually understand most of it. Whatever the media says is what the public will think. God damnit, this is all such a disgusting popularity contest.

please tell me that was sarcasm..please...

my head literally just exploded when I read that...I mean like..literally

:eusa_pray:

please tell me that was sarcasm..please...

my head literally just exploded when I read that...I mean like..literally

:eusa_pray:
Sarcasm? Maybe slight exaggeration. If you you can't see how ignorant to actual politics and economics the majority of the American public is, then you really have no place discussing politics at all.

Sarcasm? Maybe slight exaggeration. If you you can't see how ignorant to actual politics and economics the majority of the American public is, then you really have no place discussing politics at all.

no no I totally agree with you.

My point was that up until now..

the majority of the media was leaning towards Obama.

I just thought it was funny when you said popularity contest because I believe that is a large reason why Obama is a presidential candidate..

I just thought it was funny when you said popularity contest because I believe that is a large reason why Obama is a presidential candidate..

It's the only reason. I've talked to so many people who just support "the black dude who gives all those speeches." They have no idea what he stands for.

It's the only reason. I've talked to so many people who just support "the black dude who gives all those speeches." They have no idea what he stands for.

"One candidate is the guy people would vote for because they can picture drinking a beer with, the other a candidate they can picture smoking a blunt with." - a philosophy professor at the local college

CNN opinion poll said Obama won. John Roberts basically called it crap on the air.

A CBS poll had Obama winning as well. Don't know about their methodology.

Frank Luntz's focus group had me laughing my ass off. Lots of Obama supporters repeating his gay little talking points.

Editorials have McCain winning. Focus groups of Independents from OH, FLA and PA had McCain winning as well. These are the ones I care about.

CNN opinion poll said Obama won. John Roberts basically called it crap on the air.

A CBS poll had Obama winning as well. Don't know about their methodology.

Frank Luntz's focus group had me laughing my ass off. Lots of Obama supporters repeating his gay little talking points.

Editorials have McCain winning. Focus groups of Independents from OH, FLA and PA had McCain winning as well. These are the ones I care about.

A lot of online polls say Obama won, but remember who uses online polls: tech-savvy young'uns. Old folks don't vote in online polls. The demographics of these polls are clearly skewed. But, it doesn't matter. As I've said, I don't think either won or lost the election tonight.

A lot of online polls say Obama won, but remember who uses online polls: tech-savvy young'uns. Old folks don't vote in online polls. The demographics of these polls are clearly skewed. But, it doesn't matter. As I've said, I don't think either won or lost the election tonight.

Q: Who wins online polls?

A: Depends on where they're linked from first - DU or FR.

That's my take at least. Tonight the DUmmies were quicker than the FReepers.

I listened to about ten minutes of the event.

Frankly I was unimpressed by it, generally.

LOL...funny how the desperation is seeping in for you guys...

All the polls of UNDECIDED voters say that he's ahead.

And THAT'S whos going to decide the election.

As for the bizarre claim that old people don't vote online, maybe... but they DO get polled by telephone polls. YOUNG people (you know, the people who vote for Obama) only have cell phones and DON'T get called.

But keep on playin' the ref...

Wow, even CNN analysts say McCain did better.

McCain did indeed win this debate tonight. Pretty funny seeing Obama without his teleprompter, huh? Weird, isn't it?

Obama did mediocre for the first quarter of it but was eventually exposed. That's when Johnny ate him up. Obama looked like a child out there. He really has no business in this race. He's out of his league.

As for the bizarre claim that old people don't vote online, maybe... but they DO get polled by telephone polls. YOUNG people (you know, the people who vote for Obama) only have cell phones and DON'T get called.

I'm so glad you made this claim. If you read the footnotes on any poll, you will see clearly that they DO poll cell phones for people whom do NOT have landlines. So, basically, they draw a random number of people from a pool, and if that person has a landlide, they call it. If that person doesn't, they call their cell phone. I was polled on my cell phone.

I believe in referee terms that's called a touchdown, or a homerun, or a knockout, or something.

LOL...funny how the desperation is seeping in for you guys...

All the polls of UNDECIDED voters say that he's ahead.

And THAT'S whos going to decide the election.

But keep on playin' the ref...

1574576278_842b8978b1.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
From Fox:

{Not long ago, at 2:25 AM ET, on September 27, 2008, FOXNews.com's question of the day on the America's Election HQ page asked whether John McCain or Barack Obama won last night's debate. Obama is currently ahead 54-46%. It's not a scientific poll but given that FOXNews.com readers are probably more conservative than a representative sample would be, we have to view this as a very good sign for Obama.[/QUOTE]

News Hounds: FOXNews.com Poll Shows Obama Won Debate

I'm so glad you made this claim. If you read the footnotes on any poll, you will see clearly that they DO poll cell phones for people whom do NOT have landlines. So, basically, they draw a random number of people from a pool, and if that person has a landlide, they call it. If that person doesn't, they call their cell phone. I was polled on my cell phone.

I believe in referee terms that's called a touchdown, or a homerun, or a knockout, or something.

Uh uh... not so buckaroo...

if you can prove me wrong on rasmussen and the other major polls, cool... but otherwise... sorry.

McCain did indeed win this debate tonight. Pretty funny seeing Obama without his teleprompter, huh? Weird, isn't it?

Obama did mediocre for the first quarter of it but was eventually exposed. That's when Johnny ate him up. Obama looked like a child out there. He really has no business in this race. He's out of his league.

I don't understand how you can think this. Out of his league? He held his own, and with authority. He had command over the facts, and over his tone, even in response to the myriad of attacks on his credentials by McCain. I think that's a good indication of a leader, not someone who loses their cool, and likes to simply insult people. Obama remained well-composed, and, in my opinion, was extremely presidential, and has been in addressing the American people during this economic crisis.

From Fox:

{Not long ago, at 2:25 AM ET, on September 27, 2008, FOXNews.com's question of the day on the America's Election HQ page asked whether John McCain or Barack Obama won last night's debate. Obama is currently ahead 54-46%. It's not a scientific poll but given that FOXNews.com readers are probably more conservative than a representative sample would be, we have to view this as a very good sign for Obama.

News Hounds: FOXNews.com Poll Shows Obama Won Debate[/QUOTE]

OH BOY AN ONLINE POLL SAYS OBAMA WON. I MAY AS WELL GIVE UP AND JUST NOT VOTE IN NOVEMBER.

Seriously, jillian, I know you're more intelligent than you're pretending to be.

Forum List

Back