Wow. Dream moment for Jon Huntsman against Romney.

Indeed, that was a spot on assessment. Huntsman for once stood out and I liked a few of his ideas. Too little too late though.

Gee...a "spot on assessment" as to why the country is divided...yet your sig line reads, "LIBERALISM IS A DISEASE".

I wonder if the assessment you endorsed will have any effect on you changing your message, your tone, etc....

I'm guessing no.

I'm wondering if you know the difference between a politician who is supposed to protect and stand for all people and an internet poster with a Sig line intended to irritate my liberal friends.
I'm guessing no.

Ps. My sig line used to personally call out people and I changed it in an attempt to be less devisive. Bottom line is just because YOU deem something a negative doesn't make it so.

If he's pissed and supported, he's what we call a threat.
If he's pissed and broke, he's what we call toast.

He never had the funding lined up to start with...I doubt the piss and vinegar will help him much since Santorum is now getting the Christian Conservative votes. I did see last night where Gingrich tried to go after the media on a totally unrelated question. It was really sort of sad.

Don't count out the Gingrich effect. He brought down the US government. The man is not nothing if not destructive.

He wanted to do a "Buchanan" and win at least one state. Iowa would have been it.

Now he's mad.

Now that I can agree with; his only role is to be a spoiler. The problem is that there is already another spoiler on the scene--Santorum.

In most years, I could see it working but the election of 2012 will be more about economics than any other election in recent memory. I don't see his embracing of family values--a philandering twice divorced man-child--at the 11th hour playing in this atmosphere.

I count him out but he may hang around longer than I predict.

He's in it until at least South Carolina. He's got a movie coming out! 27.5 minute long smear on Romney's involvement with Bain.

Comedy gold.

Indeed, that was a spot on assessment. Huntsman for once stood out and I liked a few of his ideas. Too little too late though.

Gee...a "spot on assessment" as to why the country is divided...yet your sig line reads, "LIBERALISM IS A DISEASE".

I wonder if the assessment you endorsed will have any effect on you changing your message, your tone, etc....

I'm guessing no.

I'm wondering if you know the difference between a politician who is supposed to protect and stand for all people and an internet poster with a Sig line intended to irritate my liberal friends.
I'm guessing no.

Ps. My sig line used to personally call out people and I changed it in an attempt to be less devisive. Bottom line is just because YOU deem something a negative doesn't make it so.

I'm wondering if you understand the statement Governor Huntsman made. He said that is why the "country" is divided. That isn't a geographic distinction...it is one made of the people. Like me and I guess like you as well. It is the people who are divided due to statements such as your, "Liberalism is a disease". You can't endorse one while embracing the other.

Of course you're also the guy who swears "his" business is failing while posting on an internet message board during the business days all week, every week. Which is fine...if it is meant to fail, it is meant to fail. The fish rots from the head down. But don't blame others for your failure. You can't blame someone else for your failures when you, in fact, are not doing all you can to prevent them.

Do you need an "ignore" tutorial?

I'm guessing we're T-minus 5 minutes away from your personal attack...4:59....4:58....4:57

Don't count out the Gingrich effect. He brought down the US government. The man is not nothing if not destructive.

He wanted to do a "Buchanan" and win at least one state. Iowa would have been it.

Now he's mad.

Now that I can agree with; his only role is to be a spoiler. The problem is that there is already another spoiler on the scene--Santorum.

In most years, I could see it working but the election of 2012 will be more about economics than any other election in recent memory. I don't see his embracing of family values--a philandering twice divorced man-child--at the 11th hour playing in this atmosphere.

He's in it until at least South Carolina. He's got a movie coming out! 27.5 minute long smear on Romney's involvement with Bain.

Comedy gold.

I think he as many believe that Romney is too liberal. And I for one am interested to hear the details of this so called job busting business he ran. Maybe is much to do about nothing but I would like to be able to make that decision for myself.

Don't care which side of the aisle you sit on..this was devasting.

Jon Huntsman: Country 'Divided Because Of Attitudes Like' Romney's

"I was criticized last night by Gov. Romney for putting my country first," Huntsman said. "He criticized me while he was out raising money, for serving my country in China, yes under a Democrat, like my two sons are doing in the United States Navy. They're not asking what political affiliation the president is."

"I will always put my country first and I think that's important," Huntsman said.

Romney essentially doubled down on his assertion that serving as an ambassador under a president of the opposite political party is an unworthy undertaking.

"I think we serve our country first by standing for people who believe in conservative principles and doing everything in our power to promote an agenda that does not include President Obama's agenda," Romney said. "The decision to go to work for President Obama is one which you took, and I don't -- I respect your decision to do that. I just think it's most likely that the person who should represent our party running against President Obama is not someone who called him a remarkable leader and went to be his ambassador in China."

Huntsman shot back immediately: "This nation is divided because of attitudes like that."

Very powerful.:eusa_clap:

Huntsman is right, of course. When your president asks you to serve, you go.

Now he's mad.

Comedy gold.

Not really. I saw clips of this film, and frankly, it's not as devastating as the Ted Kennedy commercials of 1994.

I also think that this is not something that resonates with the GOP establishment and maybe not even the rank and file. Remember, Huckabee took a similar tact in 2008, and the GOP establishmetn went apeshit over it.

Of course, if he survives this assault from Newt, can Obama use the issue effectively?

Let's not forget, Al Gore was the first guy to raise the issue of Mike Dukakis' furlough issues, but it was Lee Atwater who drove the point home with the commercials with the revolving door in front of the prison.

Comedy gold.

Not really. I saw clips of this film, and frankly, it's not as devastating as the Ted Kennedy commercials of 1994.

I also think that this is not something that resonates with the GOP establishment and maybe not even the rank and file. Remember, Huckabee took a similar tact in 2008, and the GOP establishmetn went apeshit over it.

Of course, if he survives this assault from Newt, can Obama use the issue effectively?

Let's not forget, Al Gore was the first guy to raise the issue of Mike Dukakis' furlough issues, but it was Lee Atwater who drove the point home with the commercials with the revolving door in front of the prison.

The endgame for Gingrich is to deny a presidency for Romney. Simple as that.

That's what Gingrich is good at. Breaking things in petulant rages.

Comedy gold.

The endgame for Gingrich is to deny a presidency for Romney. Simple as that.

That's what Gingrich is good at. Breaking things in petulant rages.

Maybe some things need to be broken.

"I was criticized last night by Gov. Romney for putting my country first," Huntsman said. "He criticized me while he was out raising money, for serving my country in China, yes under a Democrat, like my two sons are doing in the United States Navy. They're not asking what political affiliation the president is."

"I will always put my country first and I think that's important," Huntsman said.

Romney essentially doubled down on his assertion that serving as an ambassador under a president of the opposite political party is an unworthy undertaking.

"I think we serve our country first by standing for people who believe in conservative principles and doing everything in our power to promote an agenda that does not include President Obama's agenda," Romney said. "The decision to go to work for President Obama is one which you took, and I don't -- I respect your decision to do that. I just think it's most likely that the person who should represent our party running against President Obama is not someone who called him a remarkable leader and went to be his ambassador in China."

Huntsman shot back immediately: "This nation is divided because of attitudes like that."

I heard that on the Meet the Press podcast. It was a powerful moment and he got a big applause. Romney said nothing.

Of course, he's right.

Last edited:

I heard that on the Meet the Press podcast. It was a powerful moment and he got a big applause. Romney said nothing.

Of course, he's right.

Well, not really.

He was already serving the people of the country by being governor of Utah. And a Governor is arguably doing more good for the people than an Ambassador. He introduces himself as "Governor Huntsman", not "Ambassador Huntsman". More to the point, he made a commitment to the people of Utah. They contributed to him, voted for him and expected him to be there until the end of his term.

This is, by the way, my same argument against Sarah Palin. She walked away from her commitments.

Now, the "My Country Called" is a good argument to make if there was some critical thing that he needed to do while he was there. That we were at some critical junction at our relationship with China that only he could fulfill.

I will concede, though, that Romney standing there all dumb-ass made him look empty. So in terms of "optics", it was a great optic for Huntsman.

Forum List

Back