Wow, Democrats Had a 92% Turnout in Alabama vrs 2016

Generally, off year, special elections do not pull anything close to the numbers that Presidential elections do.

But the Democrats managed to get 92% of their 2016 turnout to show up in this last special election, while the GOP got less than 50%.

Something smells kind of fishy, vertebrate and invertebrate, IMO.

Shaking in your boots hey. Wait till Nov 2018.

Doubtful. Do the Democrats have a plan to lower taxes? To create jobs? To make the country safe? In case anyone's noticed, Trump is doing all that, even without any Democratic participation. The democrats in the Senate have done nothing for a whole year but sit with their thumbs up their collective asses.

They have no accomplishments to run on, no strategy, no economic progrem, no plans, and no platform other than "resist" and "Republicans are racist/sexist.islamophobic/homophobic."

His base may stick with him, but not the others, Mi will vote Dem. I can assure you. Many have buyers remorse. See the ACA, a lot more signed up this year with only half the time, many in northern MI and the UP of Mi are on Medicaid and the ACA. (by the way those are white areas so don't try and say its blacks)

Generally, off year, special elections do not pull anything close to the numbers that Presidential elections do.

But the Democrats managed to get 92% of their 2016 turnout to show up in this last special election, while the GOP got less than 50%.

Something does smell- smells like Jimmy is lying again. Note the lack of a link to anything that supports his claim?

They shipped the blacks in from other states. More blacks voted this time than for Obama in 08 and 12
There were blacks that said they came over from Mississippi.

They shipped the blacks in from other states. More blacks voted this time than for Obama in 08 and 12

That's ok in 3 years jones is going going gone!

Why would blacks turn out at 92% to vote for a previously unknown Jones when they didn't turn out in droves like that to vote for a very popular Hillary Clinton? It makes no sense.

Link?

Makes sense to me. The age of Trump has everybody fired up on both sides of the isle, but the republican candidate in this case was accused of sexual misconduct by multiple women and did a live interview with Hannity that, in my opinion, sounded about as convincing as Michael Jackson or Jerry Sandusky. I actually tuned into Hannity's radio show that day to hear it, largely under the ideologically-influenced opinion that he was going to ease everyone's concerns that this was anything other than political games to destroy an outsider. But when Hannity started asking questions, he couldn't just give a definitive, "No, that never happened." kinda answer. Everything was, "I don't remember that happening", and even the occasional, "What I -do- remember was asking her mother's permission to date her." Shit looked REALLY bad. I wouldn't have turned out to vote for that guy, either.

But then, you must not be a deep state trumpeter.

Lol. Actually, I don't consider the existence of the deep state to be a particularly controversial thing. The last 4 presidents have been Bushes and democrats, and between them they've appointed quite a few people to positions throughout the government that don't end at the presidential changeover. Now, if you recall, neither the Bushes and their political allies, nor the democrats in general, have been particularly fond of Donald Trump since his entry into the presidential race. If you don't think that Trump having drawn the ire of every President/family/cabinet since Reagan affects the interactions between Trump and these agencies who are run primarily by people appointed by those 4 regimes, then you either don't understand humans or you don't believe that these appointees count among our species.

`
`

I read both of the OP's links and it says NOTHING about a 92% voter turn out. In fact, this election almost broke 25% (source) So much for the so-called detective skills here.
`

Creepy Roy got them out to vote while Republicans could not force themselves to pull the lever for him

`
`

I read both of the OP's links and it says NOTHING about a 92% voter turn out. In fact, this election almost broke 25% (source) So much for the so-called detective skills here.
`
92 percent of the number who turned out in 2016

92 percent of the number who turned out in 2016
`
"MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) -More than two million Alabamians cast ballots in Tuesday’s election, but the 2,065,660 total fell short of the expected record-breaking turnout.
Tuesday's turnout [2016] of 61.97 percent is the third highest in state history. The largest turnout documented in Alabama was 2008 at 72.8 percent.
" 2016 - Source

Given that we just had an election last month. Getting such a large turnout for a special election is impressive

Sessions was appointed in January. I don't see why they couldn't vote for his replacement in November

Anyone who claims that illegal voting has occurred, including trump, should come up with evidence of voter fraud; including where and how. What county? What state? Apparently this is a widespread problem, so how come no evidence of it has been produced?

Anyone who claims that illegal voting has occurred, including trump, should come up with evidence of voter fraud; including where and how. What county? What state? Apparently this is a widespread problem, so how come no evidence of it has been produced?

Evidence like 92% turnout in an off year election that typically sees only 30 to 50%?

Perhaps the Democrats are anti-child molesting.

Forum List

Back