Wounded veterans harassed and spit on during spring break

Hotel should have evicted them.

Hotel should have evicted them.
Cops should have arrested them.

No, no, and NO!!!!!!!!!

I also doubt this happened but if it did, shame on those who spit on soldiers.

Its not the individual soldiers who are at fault or who should be shamed. Its the fat, old, white, 1% men who sit at home in front of the fire, sipping their brandy, while the young men, usually of color, who give their lives for their country.

During the Vietnam (not)war, this was reported and found to be not true.

BUT, if it did happen, they have the same free speech protection that everyone else has.

Active-duty enlisted women Active-duty enlisted men
White 53% 71%
Black 31% 16%

Asian 4% 4%
Mixed/Other 7% 5%
Hispanic 13% 12%

:321::asshole::bsflag::fu::suck:

I'm mot seeing it. Some vets are assholes, some are whiny, not all want to be worshipped as heroes, not all are heroes.

None of those true things are being unfair or treating vets badly

Plumbing the lowest depths of his douchebaggery, ogibillm hit the "post reply" button.

I doubt the veracity of the story

It's all over the Internet and the Florida U chapter of the frat has taken down their Facebook page. Gee I wonder why?

Google Cached still up

zbt emory.png

ZBT AZ University of Florida

ZBT UofF.png

Liberal education system showing the best of what it can produce.
First, i very much doubt that whatever happened is a story of frat guys targeting someone because of their veteran status.

Second, i doubt even more that any abusive action was taught to the kids in a school, liberal or otherwise
Liberals did it to Vietnam veterans, why wouldn't they share their hstred with others?
Nobody did anything to Viet vets. They heard Stallone say it in a Rambo movie and it caught on.
Amazon.com The Spitting Image Myth Memory and the Legacy of Vietnam 9780814751473 Jerry Lembcke Books

I'm mot seeing it. Some vets are assholes, some are whiny, not all want to be worshipped as heroes, not all are heroes.

None of those true things are being unfair or treating vets badly

Plumbing the lowest depths of his douchebaggery, ogibillm hit the "post reply" button.
You think veteran status makes someone automatically a decent person?
of course not. Veterans are still just people and susceptible to the same character flaws as anyone else

of course not. Veterans are still just people and susceptible to the same character flaws as anyone else

Do you mind is I call you Bill? Ogibillm is unpronounceable.

If this was a story about veterans attacking/spitting on/verbally assaulting college students, that would be an appropriate commentary. When it's an article about wounded vets being attacking/spitting on/verbally assaulting, it denotes a predisposed bias against veteran, and veterans take exception to that kind of bias.

Do you mind is I call you Bill? Ogibillm is unpronounceable.

If this was a story about veterans attacking/spitting on/verbally assaulting college students, that would be an appropriate commentary. When it's an article about wounded vets being attacking/spitting on/verbally assaulting, it denotes a predisposed bias against veteran, and veterans take exception to that kind of bias.
I can see your point. But i was originally trying to point out that there's no reason to believe that anyone was targeted because they were veterans. It's much more likely that whatever happened was the result of a conflict that could have started for any number of reasons.
i mean does it make sense to you that college age kids who likely have friends and relatives that are vets would decide, in our military-as-heroes culture, decide to suddenly start spitting at wounded veterans on their spring break?

It makes no sense.

It kind of reminds me of when Schindler's List came out in theaters and students from some high school class outting were in the audience, whooping and laughing at the death scenes.

Idiocy. And they weren't drunk.

Anyway you want to slice it spitting on ANYONE is disgusting and socially unacceptable. To spit on a handicapped or otherwise disabled person, even if you have no idea they were a Vet or not, makes no difference what-so-ever in terms of "lack of respect."

Anyway you want to slice it spitting on ANYONE is disgusting and socially unacceptable. To spit on a handicapped or otherwise disabled person, even if you have no idea they were a Vet or not, makes no difference what-so-ever in terms of "lack of respect."
I dont disagree, but i bet there are lots of people who are both spit on and claim to be spit on in panama city during spring break and nobody cares

That's nice. Panana City folks might not care, but most of us do.
I looked it up on the net last night to see what happened since then, and the fraternity is being punished but nobody knows if the disbanding is permanent or temporary.

I can see your point. But i was originally trying to point out that there's no reason to believe that anyone was targeted because they were veterans. It's much more likely that whatever happened was the result of a conflict that could have started for any number of reasons.
i mean does it make sense to you that college age kids who likely have friends and relatives that are vets would decide, in our military-as-heroes culture, decide to suddenly start spitting at wounded veterans on their spring break?

It makes no sense.

I can believe it..look at the disrespect and animosity toward the Military that we see on college campuses today.

Stray anti-military vibes reverberate as thousands of veterans head to college - U.S. News

Student vets say anti-military attitudes persist on campus - The Ruptured Duck - Stripes

Hero s unwelcome New York Post

Anti-war group targets on-campus military recruiters - seattlepi.com

CCNY Cracks Down on Anti-Military Protesters

Bronx Community College and their Anti-Veteran Agenda The Havok Journal

Daemen College calls anti-veteran message completely unacceptable wivb.com

Penn State s Anti-Veteran Bias The American Spectator

It makes no sense.

I can believe it..look at the disrespect and animosity toward the Military that we see on college campuses today.

Stray anti-military vibes reverberate as thousands of veterans head to college - U.S. News

Student vets say anti-military attitudes persist on campus - The Ruptured Duck - Stripes

Hero s unwelcome New York Post

Anti-war group targets on-campus military recruiters - seattlepi.com

CCNY Cracks Down on Anti-Military Protesters

Bronx Community College and their Anti-Veteran Agenda The Havok Journal

Daemen College calls anti-veteran message completely unacceptable wivb.com

Penn State s Anti-Veteran Bias The American Spectator
From your first article
“It exists,” said Michael Dakduk, executive director of SVA. “But, by and large, college students respect the sacrifices made by those who have served in the military.”

From the second, which is largely about the same thing
"It's not the norm, they said"

The Post piece isn't about veterans, but allowing ROTC on campus. That is different. So is an attempt to ban recruiters from campus. Thst is not poor treatment of veterans.
The BCC test piece is disturbing, but i have to say the source is questionable.

The WIVB piece is interesting. I dont blame students for wanting veterans not to get special treatment and facilities on campus, but i also think the other messages are disgusting.
The article on the penn state video seemd a bit hysterical.

But again, none of these are examples of veterans being attacked, most are just examples of veterans struggling against stereotypes.

Forum List

Back