Wouldn't Opening Off Shore Drilling and Drilling in ANWR Create Jobs?

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
If Obama was really serious about creating jobs why doesn't he just open some of these places for drilling? Not only would it create jobs, it would lower gas prices, which would also help the unemployed.... hell it would help everyone.

And for you libs who say providing another option for oil won't lower prices... be careful... Isn't Obama saying Government run health care plan will increase competition and lower prices???

Probably not enough profit offshore or ANWR to make drilling in those areas attractive to oil companies.

It would probably help us in various ways, but you gotta weigh it against the peril it could bring to, say, the one-legged, cross-eyed, puff jammer combination insect-bird-fish doodle, which is currently on the endangered list...or soon to be so once the wackos find out we're gonna drill somewhere.

Last edited:
Probably not enough profit offshore or ANWR to make drilling in those areas attractive to oil companies.

It would be 10 years until any benefit would be seen by drilling ANWR. This was already addressed by the EIA study back when Bush was president. And the benefits would be almost negligible because our dependence on foreign oil wouldn't change except by fractions and only for a finite period of time.

http://www.netl.doe.gov/publications/factsheets/policy/policy006.pdf

Drill offshore FL first. Floridians deserve to have tar balls on their feet on the beach.

unless you spent a lot of money for a house on a clean beach.. in which case one has to look at the impact on the housing market in drilling areas.

The answer is to fund alternative energies and end our dependence on fossil fuels.

Drill offshore FL first. Floridians deserve to have tar balls on their feet on the beach.

hey dumbass.... list for us all the offshort drilling rigs that have polluted beaches in the history of man?

After that, shut your uninformed mouth and suck on your pacifier until nap time.

hey dumbass.... list for us all the offshort drilling rigs that have polluted beaches in the history of man?

After that, shut your uninformed mouth and suck on your pacifier until nap time.

Hey dumbass. List all the forest fires we've have in this country. Ain't giviing up fire. List all the deaths in car accidents and plane crashes. Ain't givin up the car or flying either.

After that shut your idiot uninformed mouth. Better yet, get yourself a giant pacifier becuase you need one. LOL.

Ever been to the beach at Corpus Christi TX?
Ever walked on the beach bare footed?
Ever wonder what those black things on the bottoms of your feet are?

Exactly. The myth is that if we drill here it would be cheaper.
Fact is if you invested YOUR $ in ANWR or anywhere you would ask the highest price for your oil. Already drilled Arab middle eastern fields would charge far less than ANWR oil.
If we drilled now it would take 17-25 years to be able to compete with cheap Arab oil.
Sure, the minor increase in supply would affect the price slightly but not much, if any at the pump. By that time we will not need it.
We ARE a nation addicted to oil.
Alternative fuels other than dam oil need to be addressed FIRST.

LOL NO. We Floridians deserve a cut of the profits like Alaskans enjoy. Works for me.

Does FL even have any refineries?
Up around Jacksonville perhaps?

According to this link we do. I tried to get into it but my computer took a trip LOL

Oil Refineries in Yellow Pages by SuperPages

Umm that listing lists gas stations, oil retailers, and everything.

I think there mya be a refinery or two up around Jacksonville. I never saw one in FL and I lived there for 7 years.

If Obama was really serious about creating jobs why doesn't he just open some of these places for drilling? Not only would it create jobs, it would lower gas prices, which would also help the unemployed.... hell it would help everyone.

And for you libs who say providing another option for oil won't lower prices... be careful... Isn't Obama saying Government run health care plan will increase competition and lower prices???

Yes, it probably will. But the point is to get away from fossil fuels, not get more addicted to them. I don't know about you, but I don't want the US to be dependent on oil when supplies get to the point that people begin fighting over it.

Yes, it probably will. But the point is to get away from fossil fuels, not get more addicted to them. I don't know about you, but I don't want the US to be dependent on oil when supplies get to the point that people begin fighting over it.

Umm we are already there.... Iraq?

Short term goals are not what we need right now. Healthcare reform will create more long term jobs and bring us into this century. Alternative energy will create long term jobs. We don't want just any jobs, we want the type that move America forward and keep people working.

Big oil isn't interested in job creation anyway, they're interested in the same thing big insurance is, high profit within their own massive and limited ranks for as long as we let them get away with it. It's been far too long already.

Alternative fuels won't work until we are about to run out of oil. Until then, we use oil and there isn't any reason to use anything else en masse. When we are running out of oil, someone will make a vehicle that people want that runs on something besides oil.. Until then, everything else is too expensive and people don't want it.

Forum List

Back