Would you...

Nah, good thread BGG. I was engaged to a commie (no really, an Eastern Bloc commie) before. Didn't work out because we ended up in different locations, but it worked while we were together (three years).

Wow. Was she a practicing commie or reformed? You two ever butt heads as it were and have to spend most of your time engaged in makeup sex or what?
(I guess it's time) He wasn't quite reformed, but his country is no longer commie (Albania). Yes, we butted heads quite a bit on ideology - he very much still believed in Marx's principles, but he also had a good appreciation for our system. He didn't try to change me and I didn't him. We both looked at each other's views with an academic eye, I suppose, and that's how it worked.

Nah, good thread BGG. I was engaged to a commie (no really, an Eastern Bloc commie) before. Didn't work out because we ended up in different locations, but it worked while we were together (three years).

Wow. Was she a practicing commie or reformed? You two ever butt heads as it were and have to spend most of your time engaged in makeup sex or what?
(I guess it's time) He wasn't quite reformed, but his country is no longer commie (Albania). Yes, we butted heads quite a bit on ideology - he very much still believed in Marx's principles, but he also had a good appreciation for our system. He didn't try to change me and I didn't him. We both looked at each other's views with an academic eye, I suppose, and that's how it worked.

I shouldn't have assumed. I apologize. Sounds like you two had a healthy respect for one another. Thanks for sharing.

I shouldn't have assumed. I apologize. Sounds like you two had a healthy respect for one another. Thanks for sharing.
No need to apologize. It's a common assumption. I don't advertize my gender as I find it totally irrelevant when engaging in almost all political discussions. And there still are neanderthals who will marginalize another based on a gender (M and F alike).

I think that was the key to it working for us. We didn't judge the other as stupid or ignorant for a different political belief although each of us were/are rock solid in our views. We just took a detached academic eye to that part of each other.

edit: Whew! Now I can go tell Echo Zulu to buy those way hot boots she was looking at.

Last edited:

No need to apologize. It's a common assumption. I don't advertize my gender as I find it totally irrelevant when engaging in almost all political discussions. And there still are neanderthals who will marginalize another based on a gender (M and F alike).

I think that was the key to it working for us. We didn't judge the other as stupid or ignorant for a different political belief although each of us were/are rock solid in our views. We just took a detached academic eye to that part of each other.

edit: Whew! Now I can go tell Echo Zulu to buy those way hot boots she was looking at.

As to the edit, :lol: :lol:

He didn't answer your question about the makeup sex...

I find the subject of interpersonal relationships and their influence on society fascinating. Maybe it is just me, but I enjoy talking about this subject.

LOL. I think make-up sex is good regardless of ideology. It was good.

He is actually a she who was speaking of the He she used to date at one point in her life. Everyone straight now? lol The makeup sex aspect is her business. No need for me to know about that.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Si Modo again

I tried! :thup:

How about dating a guy that is white and nerdy?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp6eswhgOKk]YouTube - "Weird Al" Yankovic - White & Nerdy[/ame]

Like Maria Shriver and the Governator?
NO

they are not that far apart politically :lol:

I did not know that.

johnny_carson.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I was engaged to a republican, then again to a democrat. Neither one worked out, so it has nothing to do with politics, just how our personalities meshed.

Right now I have my eye on someone who is WAY MORE conservative ((politically that is)) than me!

PS-I bought those black boots (sans the buckles!) :thup:

Forum List

Back