Would you...

BasicGreatGuy

Aut libertas aut mors
Aug 2, 2009
Atlanta
It seems too genteel on here today. I am going to kick it up a notch by asking the following question. Would you date or marry someone that was your polar opposite on several things including politics?

Date, yes. Marry, maybe. Depends what else we were polar opposites about. Also on the quantity and quality of the make up sex. :eusa_whistle:

Date, yes. Marry, maybe. Depends what else we were polar opposites about. Also on the quantity and quality of the make up sex. :eusa_whistle:

Such turbulent waters could get dangerous.

What subjects, if any, are a deal breaker for folks here? Lets hash it out. :evil:

If Matalin and Carville can work out the politics thing, why can't relatively normal people? Odds are some on here probably already do.

If Matalin and Carville can work out the politics thing, why can't relatively normal people? Odds are some on here probably already do.

Who will be the ones to spill the proverbial beans? Inquiring minds want to know just how relatively normal some of you are. :razz:

Seems to me, that there would be a lot of frustration with such an arrangement.

Who will be the ones to spill the proverbial beans? Inquiring minds want to know just how relatively normal some of you are. :razz:

Why frustration?

Why frustration?

If you disagreed with someone on most things you wanted to talk about, you wouldn't get frustrated that you were wrong...err umm disagreed so often? :lol:

When it comes to relationships, I think people (as a whole) are far more accommodating. They just don't want to admit it, lest it be used against them on a message board.

Why frustration?

If you disagreed with someone on most things you wanted to talk about, you wouldn't get frustrated that you were wrong...err umm disagreed so often? :lol:

I like politics and all, but it's not "most things" I talk about IRL.
In fact, th emore I think about it I'd probably be happy with somebody I disagreed with politically as long as we were both the type to have fun debating it amicably. And then there's that whole make up sex thing. ;)
So the answer really depends on what other things we would disagree on.

Don't think I could get serious with someone that didn't like RUSH. unless they let me jam without complaining commentary. They are a great band even if they are from Canada.

Tunes are important. :)

Last edited:
Don't think I could get serious with someone that didn't like RUSH. unless they let me jam without complaining commentary. They are a great band even if they are from Canada.

Tunes are important. :)
good thing you clarified that to be the band :lol:

Couldn't get serious with someone who was materialistic. Nothing wrong with having nice things, but when possessions become the focus and source of ones identity, there is a problem.

Couldn't get serious with someone that didn't trust me because of what other guys had done to her. It is not my place to bare the cross of past relationships.

Nah, good thread BGG. I was engaged to a commie (no really, an Eastern Bloc commie) before. Didn't work out because we ended up in different locations, but it worked while we were together (three years).

Nah, good thread BGG. I was engaged to a commie (no really, an Eastern Bloc commie) before. Didn't work out because we ended up in different locations, but it worked while we were together (three years).

Wow. Was she a practicing commie or reformed? You two ever butt heads as it were and have to spend most of your time engaged in makeup sex or what?

Forum List

Back