Would you vote for a reunited Ireland to stay in the EU?

Interesting. I doubt the Protestants would vote for a united Ireland though so the chance is likely slim.

As an aside an anecdote which might interest you (I'm assuming you are Irish, I'm in the USA) I dated a girl in high school (time period at the end of the troubles) whose father was active in, and from what she told me though I didn't pry too much about it, fairly high up in the IRA. They flew an IRA flag along with the USA and Ireland outside their house. This is in a longstanding Irish-American area with an Irish-American congressman who helped bring an end to the troubles. It was rumoured the father used political connections to come here to avoid arrest.

It looks like all the Catholics and large minority of Protestants will vote for unification. Since the Catholic and Protestant populations are about equal now in NI, if there is a vote it will favor unification and remaining in the EU.

Ireland could leave then we take Iceland as number 27.
Ireland do fine job as partners to Canada and U.K.
Or there will be dream EU with Euro in cash and own EU Armed Forces like it is suppose to says with ten countries.
It will be Poland, Germany, France, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Croatia, Hungary, Luxembourg and finally Netherlands.
All EU Armed with 720,000 men how is Brussels maybe want.

Iceland need build one proffesionel Armed Forces. No only Marine. They needed 1000 sailors and rest ground forces. 5000 warriors in total I like. Or 3000 warriors. 2500 in Army. 500 in Navy. Good team in this summer soccer games but wasn't enough to won every games.

Maybe 27 countries with Iceland or 25 with Ireland and Sweden leaving the centrum expectrum with nationalism and capitalists are enough. EU Army is good idea with ten countries and with 720,000 force but not strong enough. EU don't needed top Defense. Also this 180,000 troopers in Defence. 60,000 in attack war and 60,000 in training. No strong enough.

And smaller strenghten with EU is maybe worse ever I know in realite of ten countries.

25 I wanna now.

It looks like all the Catholics and large minority of Protestants will vote for unification. Since the Catholic and Protestant populations are about equal now in NI, if there is a vote it will favor unification and remaining in the EU.

Shows just how much you know then doesn't it as the N.I. people do not want to see their economy crash and their cost of living rise 500%. They can hardly afford the rent now so how will they fare when it goes up from e500 PCM to e2500 PCM. Why do you think so many are in England at the moment ?

With England out of the EU, Ireland becomes more important than ever.

It would be foolishness for them to quit the EU now.

With England out of the EU, Ireland becomes more important than ever.

It would be foolishness for them to quit the EU now.

Why wjen they have been treated as 4th class citizens because the EU made them all these promises and then failed to produce them when the going got tough. I am glad the Whitehall civil servants had their heads screwed on and stopped the M.P's from signing our lives away. Now the southern Irish wanty out of the EU as soon as they have paid back the loans forced on them

Forum List

Back